Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

Nebraska Weather and Road Report

I've cleared work schedules for my wife and I to make a trip to Hilton for the Husker game Tuesday night and make it back for a late morning start in Lincoln Wednesday. But, it has to all come together with road conditions which allow (at least) normal speeds. I've been checking the 511 system and weather.com. Active snow should end by tomorrow morning but it will be cold and windy. We've had about 6-10" in eastern Nebraska so far - light and fluffy and no wind. Wind tomorrow might play havoc with it. NU will bus over the day of the game, unless they're nervous about the weather in which case they'll go this afternoon. Rumor has it that NU is feeling low after the shellacking by OU. I hope the Sisters are in good spirits and ready for a big win. Here's hoping I get to see it.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Walk On
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Nebraska Weather and Road Report

Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    I've cleared work schedules for my wife and I to make a trip to Hilton for the Husker game Tuesday night and make it back for a late morning start in Lincoln Wednesday. But, it has to all come together with road conditions which allow (at least) normal speeds. I've been checking the 511 system and weather.com. Active snow should end by tomorrow morning but it will be cold and windy. We've had about 6-10" in eastern Nebraska so far - light and fluffy and no wind. Wind tomorrow might play havoc with it. NU will bus over the day of the game, unless they're nervous about the weather in which case they'll go this afternoon. Rumor has it that NU is feeling low after the shellacking by OU. I hope the Sisters are in good spirits and ready for a big win. Here's hoping I get to see it.

BF reported at lunch today that they are on their way already. Game should go on, despite the roads.

Trying to think of any other news from lunch... 2 of the 3 Texas recruits were at the Baylor game with their families. All 4 are having good seasons so far.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
    BF reported at lunch today that they are on their way already. Game should go on, despite the roads.
    Yes, Nebraska was practicing at Hilton earlier tonight.

Pro
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

99% of the time visiting teams go over the day/night before of the game even if it's during the week.

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 957
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

FWIW - the Notes probable starter roster does not include Kelley for Nebraska and does include Schroll for the Sisters. NU misses Kelley's senior leadership more than her points. BF must like what he gets or hopes to get from Schroll. She averages 19 minutes of playing time and 3.5 pts. She shoots 41%, she just needs to shoot more often. The matchup I'll watch closely is HC and Hooper. Both are talented frosh forwards and will be a good measure of the other.

Don't let them start until I get there.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads