Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Colts / Jets

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Colts / Jets

    that loss is on Peyton.

    Rex Ryan owns him now.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 29,189, Level: 52
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Covenant Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    2,916
    Points
    29,189
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    that loss is on Peyton.

    Rex Ryan owns him now.
    Agreed...terrible clock management at the end by the Colts. Didn't use any time on their drive.

    Giving up that big KO return hurt bad for the Colts.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 336,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,904
    Points
    336,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Yeah - I mean why didn't Manning go to his stellar running game to burn clock? Everyone knows the Colts are one of the best rushing teams in the NFL. P.Manning is just too much of a showboat that he had to run the ball instead of handing it off.

    And where the hell was P.Manning on kick coverage?




  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Yeah - I mean why didn't Manning go to his stellar running game to burn clock? Everyone knows the Colts are one of the best rushing teams in the NFL. P.Manning is just too much of a showboat that he had to run the ball instead of handing it off.

    And where the hell was P.Manning on kick coverage?

    Peyton had first and goal on the 14. incompletion, check to run, check to run, fail.

    he shifted the blame - they haven't had a running game all year. Peyton is their weapon and he chickened out of the big spot.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 336,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,904
    Points
    336,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    Peyton had first and goal on the 14. incompletion, check to run, check to run, fail.

    he shifted the blame - they haven't had a running game all year. Peyton is their weapon and he chickened out of the big spot.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and state P.Manning has a far greater concept for the game of football and how to read a defense than anyone that has ever posted here.

    Chickened out? No.

    The Colts are completely negligent to not have anything that resembles a running game...P.Manning can't correct that. He also can't throw the ball all the time when the defense is clearly playing only the pass and has them covered.

    Frankly, the organizations deserved to lose this game any any game in the future until they correct this.

    It's no coincidence that in both games played today, the teams that lost are the teams that could not move the ball on the ground.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    the Colts have 1 offensive threat - Peytons arm.

    Rhodes was in the USFL until last week. sure, he can say he went with the smart play - but how smart are 2 runs that gain a yrd each when you need 8?

    the Jets coverage is good - apparently good enough to spook Peyton from throwing the ball and winning the game when he's the Colts only weapon that's not hurt.



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 17,388, Level: 40
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,388
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    Peyton had first and goal on the 14. incompletion, check to run, check to run, fail.

    he shifted the blame - they haven't had a running game all year. Peyton is their weapon and he chickened out of the big spot.
    Like I said in the other thread you posted....if there are only 5 guys in the box, you run. Pretty simple.

    Six guys in coverage means you don't throw it unless you absolutely have to.

    Manning and the Colts will be back again next year.


    "Bring it all to the table. Don't hold nothin' back," he said. "I want you. I want the ball. I want your head. I throw my body into 'em and hit them." - #23 Leonard Johnson

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 113,924, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,860
    Points
    113,924
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 126

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    Peyton had first and goal on the 14. incompletion, check to run, check to run, fail.

    he shifted the blame - they haven't had a running game all year. Peyton is their weapon and he chickened out of the big spot.
    And then he shows up the Colts coaches by waving his arms around on the sidelines when they called their last time out, as if to say "what are you doing?"
    Real classy, Peyton. What an ego...



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 17,388, Level: 40
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,388
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    the Colts have 1 offensive threat - Peytons arm.

    Rhodes was in the USFL until last week. sure, he can say he went with the smart play - but how smart are 2 runs that gain a yrd each when you need 8?

    the Jets coverage is good - apparently good enough to spook Peyton from throwing the ball and winning the game when he's the Colts only weapon that's not hurt.

    Actually the Jets coverage is very good.

    It's funny how you are riding the guy but also say he's their only weapon.

    Did you also think Tiller gave us a better chance to win than Arnaud?


    "Bring it all to the table. Don't hold nothin' back," he said. "I want you. I want the ball. I want your head. I throw my body into 'em and hit them." - #23 Leonard Johnson

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
    Actually the Jets coverage is very good.

    It's funny how you are riding the guy but also say he's their only weapon.

    Did you also think Tiller gave us a better chance to win than Arnaud?
    the Jets pass D is good - but not exactly an all-time squad. they're what? top 10 - top 5 at best. I had them as a fantasy DST and they were nothing special.

    Peyton on the other hand will go down as easily the statistically best QB of all time. He's all world.

    but he also calls 90% of his own plays - and tonight he sucked at that part. specifically on one set of downs in the 4th quarter where he didn't put the ball in the hands of Peyton Manning.

    Tiller? Arnaud? how is that relevant?



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 17,388, Level: 40
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,388
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    the Jets pass D is good - but not exactly an all-time squad. they're what? top 10 - top 5 at best. I had them as a fantasy DST and they were nothing special.

    Peyton on the other hand will go down as easily the statistically best QB of all time. He's all world.

    but he also calls 90% of his own plays - and tonight he sucked at that part. specifically on one set of downs in the 4th quarter where he didn't put the ball in the hands of Peyton Manning.

    Tiller? Arnaud? how is that relevant?
    Ummm...Cromartie is good. Reavis is great. Plus add in 4 more coverage guys against Wayne(really good), Garcon (good), Tamme (6 catches before this year), and Blair White.

    If anything cost the Colts the game it was kickoff coverage and Reavis. He shut Wayne down.

    The Tiller Arnaud comparison is me questioning your judgement on complaining about Manning not throwing it into 6 man coverage.

    And basing how good a pass defense is based on fantasy football means nothing unless you get points for incompletions.


    "Bring it all to the table. Don't hold nothin' back," he said. "I want you. I want the ball. I want your head. I throw my body into 'em and hit them." - #23 Leonard Johnson

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
    Ummm...Cromartie is good. Reavis is great. Plus add in 4 more coverage guys against Wayne(really good), Garcon (good), Tamme (6 catches before this year), and Blair White.

    If anything cost the Colts the game it was kickoff coverage and Reavis. He shut Wayne down.

    The Tiller Arnaud comparison is me questioning your judgement on complaining about Manning not throwing it into 6 man coverage.

    And basing how good a pass defense is based on fantasy football means nothing unless you get points for incompletions.
    fine - you force me to look it up. Statistically the Jets have the 7th highest rated pass defense.

    what's a better option for the Colts:

    1) HOF lock Peyton Manning throwing to 3 competant wideouts - I'll give you White is a scrub - against a really good, but not great pass D.

    2) Colts running game in absolute shambles running on the Jets #3 run defense - even if they are playing the pass.

    Rex wanted Peyton to run - and he accomidated them. Congrats for calling the right play Peyton. The ballsey play may have won it for you - but he remembers last years Super bowl and doesnt' want to take a chance.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 90,319, Level: 93
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    6,134
    Points
    90,319
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,113
    Given: 54

    Re: Colts / Jets

    I just got back from the game. I'd say there's no way this goes on Peyton. Three things killed the Colts: their defense, their kickoff coverage and their end of game timeout management.

    That deep fade that Edwards caught in the end was wide open all night long, Sanchez would just not see it or overthrow it when he did see it. He connected on it the one time it mattered most.

    I'm also confused why Caldwell called a timeout at the end there. The Jets were more than content to run the clock and attempt a 49 yard field goal. What would he have gained by calling that timeout? Did he figure that they'd kick on second down anyway with 30 seconds left and give the ball back to the Colts? Run the clock, try to ice the kicker and force him to have to make an almost 50 yarder in a high pressure situation in a hostile environment. I'd love to see his explanation for that timeout.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 17,388, Level: 40
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,388
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    fine - you force me to look it up. Statistically the Jets have the 7th highest rated pass defense.

    what's a better option for the Colts:

    1) HOF lock Peyton Manning throwing to 3 competant wideouts - I'll give you White is a scrub - against a really good, but not great pass D.

    2) Colts running game in absolute shambles running on the Jets #3 run defense - even if they are playing the pass.

    Rex wanted Peyton to run - and he accomidated them. Congrats for calling the right play Peyton. The ballsey play may have won it for you - but he remembers last years Super bowl and doesnt' want to take a chance.
    Wayne-double coverage, Garcon- double coverage, Tamme single covered, White- single covered, with a linebacker floating in the middle and 4 guys on the LOS against 5 O- lineman, Manning, and Addai/Rhoads.

    I think in this instance it's smarter to play the odds.

    Oh and in no way does Rex Ryan own Manning.


    "Bring it all to the table. Don't hold nothin' back," he said. "I want you. I want the ball. I want your head. I throw my body into 'em and hit them." - #23 Leonard Johnson

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 136,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    136,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Colts / Jets

    Rex has scoreboard. and some sweet foot action waiting for him.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM