Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 18

Suggestions needed

Hey Fanatics. I am a worker at West Cyde Wings and I am reaching out to you guys because we have changed ownership again. We are lookin for some ideas or suggestions from the people that make this place go. What are some things that you (the people that go there or have) would like to see added to make this establishment to be more desirable. Any feedback is great so don't be aftraid to share any thoughts. Thanks

"Its time to roll up our sleeves, put on our hard hats and go to work together"

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 137

Re: Suggestions needed

Stripper polls and shower stage.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

I know its your competition - but BWW can rape people at will at the cash register because the wings kick ***.

I like your sauce selection - but the wings themselves are a little puny. also, I assume you offer a boneless verison? only been in there a couple times a while back and I can't remember. But those are really popular among the folks I eat bar food with.

Pro
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Decent sized boneless wings and good sauces will bring my friends and I over from BWW.

Pro
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

We do offer a boneless wing. Our boneless wings are honestly cut every day from a whole chicken breast. We then flour them ourselves, making the breading better. I am not being biased here but i actually think our wings are better than BWW. I am pretty sure that BWW boneless wings are all precut and floured making them not as fresh.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    Decent sized boneless wings and good sauces will bring my friends and I over from BWW.
    We are trying to get everyone to cut the same size but getting people to listen has seemed to be a little difficult apparently.

Rookie
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 146

Continue the wing deals on Tuesdays. My friends and I always went there on Tuesdays. Also, offer 15 wing baskets, don't limit it to 10, 20, 30, etc. It's been random in the past, half the time I'd be told I can only do orders of 10's and other times I'd be able to get 15. Make it consistent.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

oh - and find a Honey bbq sauce that contains crack ... those bastards have taken alot of money off of me because of my addiction. seriously, I hate them and love them all at the same time.

I'll have to check you guys out if I get over there for a basketball game anytime soon. didn't realize it changed hands.

All-Star
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 40

My opinion is getting the UFC fights back. I know that it is expensive, but once you get those people in the door they start ordering things. I believe the reason West Cyde went away from them last time was due to all the other places that show the fights. Well not a single business in Ames shows them anymore. I would look into getting the fights back.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones423 View Post
    Continue the wing deals on Tuesdays. My friends and I always went there on Tuesdays. Also, offer 15 wing baskets, don't limit it to 10, 20, 30, etc. It's been random in the past, half the time I'd be told I can only do orders of 10's and other times I'd be able to get 15. Make it consistent.
    I know exactly what your talking about and that has been a huge problem. I am a cook and has been a pain in the arse to keep straight sometimes. I know that the servers allow that to happen is because they are feeling generous or sometimes it isn't as busy. The only real problem is when people want 5 of sauce and that just becomes a pain.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yler4cy View Post
    My opinion is getting the UFC fights back. I know that it is expensive, but once you get those people in the door they start ordering things. I believe the reason West Cyde went away from them last time was due to all the other places that show the fights. Well not a single business in Ames shows them anymore. I would look into getting the fights back.
    This has been a huge issue believe it or not. The reason that they went away from the fights is because for a business to just get the fights, that alone costs $1000. The original owner went away from the fights was because he just didn't make money off of it. Not saying I agree with it but just saying why.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 183

Quote Originally Posted by Scott34 View Post
    We are trying to get everyone to cut the same size but getting people to listen has seemed to be a little difficult apparently.
    Cutting chicken, especially off of the bone, is difficult to do with any consistency. At the restaurant I ran we had one prep cook specifically for Chix/Meats, meaning only two people needed to be VERY GOOD at it(seven shifts per week needed to be covered), and would cross train in case of sickness or vacation. That achieved consistency and since he was cutting 120 to 240# of chix from breast to small pieces saved a lot of money by minimizing waste and labor. You may already do this, but calling prep in the morning and having everything split consistently so the prep cooks are always doing the same thing creates consistency and speed.

Of course, you may already do all of this, but when you say having everyone do it the same seems to mean that a lot more people are in this process than may need be. Also, when you call prep in the AM you need to be accurate and prepare enough to at least begin lunch the next day.

"I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."

-Humpty

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Keep things coming. All this is helpful and will definitely relay all the info you guys are sharing.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I love going to WCW but i think the menu doesnt have the choices that BWW seems to have. the wings are damn good at WCW but id like to see ribs and stuff like that added to the menu. the prices seem to be reasonable overall but some more menu options may help. adding booths and stuff besides just tables would be a nice change too

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ThatllDoCy View Post
    Cutting chicken, especially off of the bone, is difficult to do with any consistency. At the restaurant I ran we had one prep cook specifically for Chix/Meats, meaning only two people needed to be VERY GOOD at it(seven shifts per week needed to be covered), and would cross train in case of sickness or vacation. That achieved consistency and since he was cutting 120 to 240# of chix from breast to small pieces saved a lot of money by minimizing waste and labor. You may already do this, but calling prep in the morning and having everything split consistently so the prep cooks are always doing the same thing creates consistency and speed.

Of course, you may already do all of this, but when you say having everyone do it the same seems to mean that a lot more people are in this process than may need be. Also, when you call prep in the AM you need to be accurate and prepare enough to at least begin lunch the next day.
    Totally agree with your comment. For the most part, I think the same people are cutting the chicken. I work the night shift mainly so I can't exactly say who is doing the prep all the time. We cut approximently 3 boxes of chicken a day. We have found that this is the right amount to make for that day/night and to get us started the next day.