Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 20

More Reason to Hate Nebraska Fans

The game discussion board on espn is getting pretty ridiculous. I didn't know Nebby basketball fans existed, but apparently they do and their arrogance is in full force throughout these posts.

ISU vs. NU discussion

Addict
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,862
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 71

Re: More Reason to Hate Nebraska Fans

By the looks of things, all 10 of Nebraska's basketball fans are in that thread stirring up trouble. They are probably most vociferous toward Cyclone fans because we're one of the few teams in the conference they feel like they can pick on.

I just hope we win, some way, somehow. Like this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgyOI2CmKs]YouTube - Iowa State buzzer beater over Nebraska 2001[/ame]

Pro
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 172

FUSKER FANS ARE MOSTLY TRAILER TRASH SO EXCUSE THEM PLEASE

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 958
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by tejasclone View Post
    By the looks of things, all 10 of Nebraska's basketball fans are in that thread stirring up trouble. They are probably most vociferous toward Cyclone fans because we're one of the few teams in the conference they feel like they can pick on.

YouTube - Iowa State buzzer beater over Nebraska 2001
    I was at that game!! It was one of the craziest games I have ever been to. NU student section rushed the court after the play because they ruled the basket no good. The refs reviewed it, saw that it was good and my dad and I were jumping in each others hands because we were so excited...

Probably the best Cyclone basketball game I have ever been to, and I have been to A LOT of them....

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    I was at that game!! It was one of the craziest games I have ever been to. NU student section rushed the court after the play because they ruled the basket no good. The refs reviewed it, saw that it was good and my dad and I were jumping in each others hands because we were so excited...

Probably the best Cyclone basketball game I have ever been to, and I have been to A LOT of them....

I was there too, not quite what happened. The basket was ruled good and as you saw the team rushed the court, but the refs wanted to review it which they could at that time. The Nebraska students stormed the court thinking the basket had been disallowed. Then when the basket was confirmed on time, the place went crazy with boos. It was awesome.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 408
    Given: 323

Quote Originally Posted by tejasclone View Post

YouTube - Iowa State buzzer beater over Nebraska 2001
    Wasn't there another last second victory that we had at Nebraska? I was thinking that Jake Sullivan hit a 3 to win it but maybe I was thinking of something else.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 64

I was there also, the Nebby fans to my left were just sure thay had won, BOY were they ****** when it broke that ISU was the winner.

I was ther when Moe IBa sent in a ringer to slug Hornecek in the back, and Grayer and the RINGER WERE TOSSED. Iba was fired at end of the season for starting BB season 2 weeks early after papering over the windows in the Women's gym and practicing over there. All reported in the Omaha World Herald.
    Neb's own student newspaper turned him in to the NCAA and I was there the next season when all the seats behind both TEAMS WERE ISU FANS. Danny NEE's first season and the students were not supporting BB at all. The ticket office in Lincoln didn't know I was an ISU fan when I bought our tickets for the bus trip and gave us floor tickets behind the benches reserved usually for students. Johnny Orr was happy to see us. Danny Nee was very vocal on their radio station about how did all those ISU fans got those seats.

Last edited by majorcyfan; 01-07-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Addict
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90

Give them a break. What else do they have to cheer for? Their whole reason for living just lost to Washington. Now they have to wait 8 months before anything in that state has relevance to anyone. Then add in that the Big10 gave them a screw job in scheduling so they'll probably suck in football next year also. At least let them have their fun now. They'll realize why they didn't pay attention to basketball soon enough.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by flycy View Post
    I was there too, not quite what happened. The basket was ruled good and as you saw the team rushed the court, but the refs wanted to review it which they could at that time. The Nebraska students stormed the court thinking the basket had been disallowed. Then when the basket was confirmed on time, the place went crazy with boos. It was awesome.
    I was there too, and as I recall the court-rushing happened BEFORE that basket. The ball must've gone out of bounds and the clock didn't stop in time beforehand, causing the buzzer to go off when there were actually 0.8 seconds left. That's when the fans stormed the court, while the officials reviewed. They determined there was time left, and the PA announcer had to tell the crowd to clear the court. That's when the video started. When Rancik made the shot, there was little doubt it was in time.

I wish that video was long enough to show that, because in retrospect, watching those morons storm the court only to have to go back to their seats to watch their team lose, was awesome. Of course at the time, watching them storm the court without knowing what was going to happen, sucked. Must've been a prequel to the end of that season.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    I was there too, and as I recall the court-rushing happened BEFORE that basket. The ball must've gone out of bounds and the clock didn't stop in time beforehand, causing the buzzer to go off when there were actually 0.8 seconds left. That's when the fans stormed the court, while the officials reviewed. They determined there was time left, and the PA announcer had to tell the crowd to clear the court. That's when the video started. When Rancik made the shot, there was little doubt it was in time.

I wish that video was long enough to show that, because in retrospect, watching those morons storm the court only to have to go back to their seats to watch their team lose, was awesome. Of course at the time, watching them storm the court without knowing what was going to happen, sucked. Must've been a prequel to the end of that season.
    Cyclones Edge Cornhuskers, 60-59 - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly after all... Oh well, at least we won.

Addict
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,169
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 466

Quote Originally Posted by phipsiclones View Post
    Wasn't there another last second victory that we had at Nebraska? I was thinking that Jake Sullivan hit a 3 to win it but maybe I was thinking of something else.
    I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but maybe you're thinking of Jake's game-tying 3 vs. Rutgers in the NIT semifinal, sending it into OT? That was three seasons later, so maybe I'm wrong, but I can't recall other Sullivan buzzer-beaters off the top of my head.

Last edited by cyclones500; 01-08-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: added "game tying to go to OT"
    Bass Lake Beacon: The best in local news satire

Pro
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but maybe you're thinking of Jake's game-tying 3 vs. Rutgers in the NIT semifinal, sending it into OT? That was three seasons later, so maybe I'm wrong, but I can't recall other Sullivan buzzer-beaters off the top of my head.
    Whoa whoa whoa.....Nebraska basketball has fans? Who would've thought of such a thing....

All-Star
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 64

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    It was 0.60 seconds on the clock, not 0.80

U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Walk On
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I didn't know that a one point victory over the projected 12th team in the big 12 at home was getting ''served?''