View Poll Results: Who to take #3? (fantasy football)

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alexander (SEA)

8 22.22%
  • LJ (KC)

6 16.67%
  • F Gore (SF)

5 13.89%
  • Fast willie parker (Pitt)

0 0%
  • Peyton Manning (Indy)

10 27.78%
  • Addai (Indy)

5 13.89%
  • Other ... do tell

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Pick 3 - fantasy football

Ok, all you fantasy football gurus out there...

I have the 3rd pick in a draft on Sunday night and my head is spinning trying to figure out who to take.

Given: LdT goes 1, S Jackson goes 2

go ahead and pick the poll, but I'm mainly down to LJ, Gore and FWP ... with a wild card possibility on Peyton - comments / opinions MORE than welcome...

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 103

Re: Pick 3 - fantasy football

Id either take Addai or LJ. Right now who knows about LJ and his holdout. With Addai his stats look to improve since whatshisbutt left for the Raiders.

#BEATIOWA

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

You take the fantasy points maker Peyton Manning. LJ may holdout for too long and I wouldn't put so much stock in Addai in only his second season. Gore or Alexander would be a good second choice for me, but not Addai or Willie Parker, they are not worth the 3rd pick. But I would assume that Peyton would go #2, not Stephen Jackson as well. So I would be pick Alexander @ #3.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Thats the hardest pick in the draft right now. I do disagree with Price26 though and would completley rule out Peyton Manning. The drop off between Peyton and the next tier of QB's hasn't been near of what a drop off between the top 3 RB's and the next tier of RB's. At this point I still think its LJ because of his past 2 seasons. Then I would take Addai because he is going to explode. The colts are going to score and he is going to get his (just like EDGE did a couple years back). You can always hope SJAX falls to you at three....

Also Price26 can I get in your league!!

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I also definitely wouldn't go with Peyton for the reasons stated by 9seven. You can get a Brees or Bulger a few rounds later, or even take a wild card on McNabb a little later yet, and still possibly get almost the same results at Manning.

I'd go with Addai. Don't be swayed by last year's stats, he's learned a lot and will thrive to the max this year. That system is set up to make any running back with even a little talent look like a star. Check Edge's second year stats. I'm under the belief that last year was kind of an anomaly for Gore, he'll settle back down to around 12-1300 yards and 6-7 tds. Addai, even Speedy Willie will top that.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 9seven View Post
    Thats the hardest pick in the draft right now. I do disagree with Price26 though and would completley rule out Peyton Manning. The drop off between Peyton and the next tier of QB's hasn't been near of what a drop off between the top 3 RB's and the next tier of RB's. At this point I still think its LJ because of his past 2 seasons. Then I would take Addai because he is going to explode. The colts are going to score and he is going to get his (just like EDGE did a couple years back). You can always hope SJAX falls to you at three....

Also Price26 can I get in your league!!
    Yeah, about the time I take Peyton, the third round comes and Palmer, Bulger, Brady, and Brees will be still on the board.

I'm leaning Gore right now (much to the disagreememt of the poll). LJ lost another HOF lineman and the KC offense just seems downright terrible. Indy is still talking a 2-back system with some rook stealing carries ... but I think he's about even with LJ for me.

Today I rank them 1) Gore 2) LJ & Addai 3) Parker
    I'm sure that will change by tomorrow.

I'm too much of a little girl to roll the dice on Alexander...

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

What is your scoring system like and how many teams are in your league? I will stand by Peyton though still.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lastuvka View Post
    I also definitely wouldn't go with Peyton for the reasons stated by 9seven. You can get a Brees or Bulger a few rounds later, or even take a wild card on McNabb a little later yet, and still possibly get almost the same results at Manning.

I'd go with Addai. Don't be swayed by last year's stats, he's learned a lot and will thrive to the max this year. That system is set up to make any running back with even a little talent look like a star. Check Edge's second year stats. I'm under the belief that last year was kind of an anomaly for Gore, he'll settle back down to around 12-1300 yards and 6-7 tds. Addai, even Speedy Willie will top that.
    I follow your logic and agree with you Michael Lastuvka. Barring Addai getting injured, he is going to put up points. He had a great rookie year, the colts don't have Rhodes, and the Colts just plain score. If LJ plays, hes just going to get so many carries that he will have to put up top 5 numbers. So I guess neither pick would be bad in my opinion, clones_jer. I would stay away from Gore. He lost his OC and has a broken hand right now. He did have a superb fantasy season last year, but I have no doubt his numbers will come down this year.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

pretty standard 12 person league ... bonus points for high yardage, there are fractional points for carries, and receptions (0.25 ppc & 0.5 ppr), standard points for yardage ... I think qb's get 0.5 ppcompletion

start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 FLEX, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

Using last years stats the top 6 are RBs, followed by Manning and more RBs of the top 50 there are like 12-15 QBs, 12-15 WRs, and the remainer in RBs

Speechless
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,061
    Given: 559

LJ for sure, but follow the news closely. I was thinking that he was holding out or causing a stink or something. I could be wrong though.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    LJ for sure, but follow the news closely. I was thinking that he was holding out or causing a stink or something. I could be wrong though.
    As an LJ owner last year, I can definitely attest to owning him as not being a bad thing. Watching his games was much more frustrating than i expected though. Pro Bowler Willie Roaf retired, so he didn't have that mobile sweeping pancaker he used to...leading to many 1, 2, 3, 4 yard gains. Very few big gains, especially when you consider the volume of carries he had.

Combine that with the fact that KC lost Pro Bowl lineman Will Shields to retirement this off-season and also recently the man who they traded for to replace Roaf (Damion McIntosh) was injured somewhat seriously. That line is shoddy, I don't believe that sheer volume will do the trick like it did last year.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

3 is definately the worst position to be in this year. LT is 1, S Jacks should be 2 and if by some miracle he falls to you, end of discussion. LJ is falling fast with not only his holdout, but an with Will Shields retiring, and another starting lineman missing some games to injury, also an unproven qb will allow defenses to stack the box. i really like gore, but then you run the risk of his injury bug. he also had a slight case of fumbleitis last year and had to give up some goal line carries to michael robinson. addai should be a solid pick, but you have to wonder about a sophomore slump. forget about peyton. let someone else take him way to early. i will never draft alexander again as i got burned by him last year. so there you go. words to live or die by.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    3 is definately the worst position to be in this year. LT is 1, S Jacks should be 2 and if by some miracle he falls to you, end of discussion. LJ is falling fast with not only his holdout, but an with Will Shields retiring, and another starting lineman missing some games to injury, also an unproven qb will allow defenses to stack the box. i really like gore, but then you run the risk of his injury bug. he also had a slight case of fumbleitis last year and had to give up some goal line carries to michael robinson. addai should be a solid pick, but you have to wonder about a sophomore slump. forget about peyton. let someone else take him way to early. i will never draft alexander again as i got burned by him last year. so there you go. words to live or die by.
    I was the winner of the Alexander injury in our league... The Alexander owner in our league had a "panic i need a starting RB" moment and traded me Alexander for Rex Grossman when he was hot and I think D. Rhodes or some garbage RB like that. Needless to say, it panned out in the playoffs!

Anyways... I agree with everyone else and don't eny you picking three at all! I am perfectly happy this year in the 10 spot on seeing how the draft goes... Best of luck to you all...

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm starting to come around on Addai, while I don't think he'll end up a top three back (I'm guessing he finishes the year somewhere around 5-7) he's probably the safest bet given the issues the LJ (holdout, lineman, Croyle, over-use) Alexander (washed-up? injury) Gore (injury prone, shady offense) Parker (shady offense)

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 414
    Given: 331

It really depends on the scoring system. In a TD heavy league, I'm going with Shaun. If it's yardage heavy, Peyton is the man.

@RandomGeoFacts