Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 12

Re: RichRod Fired

Quote Originally Posted by MLawrence View Post
    Yahoosports.com

Can't say that I am surprised
    As a Michigan hater I am sad to see him go but it was obvious that something had to be done. That was one of the most unfocused, poorly coached teams I have ever seen play.

I'm not sure what to think about Harbaugh. Wasn't he a bit cold towards Michigan the last time around? Besides he's got it going at Stanford and Michigan has some of the most demanding fans in sports. Why deal with that circus?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    As a Michigan hater I am sad to see him go but it was obvious that something had to be done. That was one of the most unfocused, poorly coached teams I have ever seen play.

I'm not sure what to think about Harbaugh. Wasn't he a bit cold towards Michigan the last time around? Besides he's got it going at Stanford and Michigan has some of the most demanding fans in sports. Why deal with that circus?
    Harbaugh is going to the 49ers or staying put. Michigan is barely a lateral move at this point.

Addict
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 375

Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    Harbaugh is going to the 49ers or staying put. Michigan is barely a lateral move at this point.

Harbaugh doesn't seem overly sentimental. He is on top of the world right now coaching the best college team in California.

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 41

I think Pitt needs to go after RichRod. That would be a great rivalry with West Virginia and the hate they have for him.

"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."
    -Satchel Paige

Legend
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 363

Quote Originally Posted by mac4cy View Post
    I think Pitt needs to go after RichRod. That would be a great rivalry with West Virginia and the hate they have for him.
    Isn't that already a pretty big rivalry out in those parts?

Addict
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by mac4cy View Post
    Whoa - good point; haven't thought of that.

"We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

-ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    as a bronco fan, i hope they can get him, and with elway's ties to stanford, i'm holding out hope. i heard on radio or something about a rift between him an friscos ownership also fwiw.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 10

I agree that Harbaugh won't be at Michigan. Even though it is his alma mater he has too much of a good thing going at Stanford. He'll be there or in the pros but my bet is he'll get a good extention at Stanford and stay there.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 556
    Given: 74

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1172438
    http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/all-your...hengalis-tweet
    http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/hello-brady-hoke
    http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/rrdb-meeting-nearing-hour-3

So an asortment of links. One states no one in the AD or Rodriguez camp has confirmed. One says Rods wife has not heard anything. One says the same guy who broke the original is now saying Brady Hoke will be hired. That's all fine and dandy but he then says Harbaugh was never seriously considered. That's ********. Are you trying to tell me they have waited, coincidently, until after the Stanford bowl game to hire a guy who would take the job no questions asked and played his bowl game on the 23rd? I highly doubt it. The other link says CHris Balas (Rivals) has said the preliminary report bs. That's not to say he isn't or hasn't been fired but as far as anyone knows they were still in the meeting. That's a long meeting to fire a guy and if I remember correctly, the meeting was to be at Dave Brandons home. That last part may be wrong but I that rings a bell. So, what we have here, is a sort of messed up situation in which Michigan has fired RR, never considered Jim Harbaugh or anyone else and hired a guy thats below .500 in 8 years worth of mid level competition.

Again, not saying he hasn't or won't be fired but this original source is making some pretty far out reports. The part about not considering Harbaugh really makes me question his credibility.

It's all snark from here on out

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    as a bronco fan, i hope they can get him, and with elway's ties to stanford, i'm holding out hope. i heard on radio or something about a rift between him an friscos ownership also fwiw.
    Yeah, they want to hire Baalk as their GM and Harbaugh will not go there if that happens. He needs the perfect situation to go to the NFL.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,411
    Given: 2,939

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Hello Brady Hoke? | mgoblog
    http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/rrdb-meeting-nearing-hour-3

So an asortment of links. One states no one in the AD or Rodriguez camp has confirmed. One says Rods wife has not heard anything. One says the same guy who broke the original is now saying Brady Hoke will be hired. That's all fine and dandy but he then says Harbaugh was never seriously considered. That's ********. Are you trying to tell me they have waited, coincidently, until after the Stanford bowl game to hire a guy who would take the job no questions asked and played his bowl game on the 23rd? I highly doubt it. The other link says CHris Balas (Rivals) has said the preliminary report bs. That's not to say he isn't or hasn't been fired but as far as anyone knows they were still in the meeting. That's a long meeting to fire a guy and if I remember correctly, the meeting was to be at Dave Brandons home. That last part may be wrong but I that rings a bell. So, what we have here, is a sort of messed up situation in which Michigan has fired RR, never considered Jim Harbaugh or anyone else and hired a guy thats below .500 in 8 years worth of mid level competition.

Again, not saying he hasn't or won't be fired but this original source is making some pretty far out reports. The part about not considering Harbaugh really makes me question his credibility.
    The only reason Michigan would say that they never seriously conidered Harbaugh would be to save face after being roughly dismissed by JH.
    I too am surprised by the Hoke rumors. I would think they would go after someone much more established.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    The only reason Michigan would say that they never seriously conidered Harbaugh would be to save face after being roughly dismissed by JH.
    I too am surprised by the Hoke rumors. I would think they would go after someone much more established.
    This whole thing is weird and to this point is being handled terribly. I can believe the Hoke part but no one is going to believe he was never considered. I don't know why you would say that. The AD hasn't given anything to any established guys like Rivals or anything yet so I don't know how this guy got it. Not to mention a 3 hour meeting is taking place. So right now, players have heard their coach is fired, yet, maybe he isn't. I think he's going to be or has been fired, but man, this one guy is either taking a chance and trying to make his career or he has severely messed up.

Addict
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 45

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/hello-brady-hoke
    RR/DB Meeting Nearing Hour 3 | mgoblog

I don't think this is that hard to believe. Let's say the AD had decided to keep Rodriguez as long as Michigan was competitive in their bowl game. The 52-14 loss forced his hand, yesterday was the first day university administrators were working. They could have reached the conclusion yesterday and made the decision public today. With that said, if you're in a position where one game determines your coaches fate, that's probably not a good sign.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I don't think this is that hard to believe. Let's say the AD had decided to keep Rodriguez as long as Michigan was competitive in their bowl game. The 52-14 loss forced his hand, yesterday was the first day university administrators were working. They could have reached the conclusion yesterday and made the decision public today. With that said, if you're in a position where one game determines your coaches fate, that's probably not a good sign.
    I mean, it's possible but if after 36 games, I would think you have enough to evaluate. The case to fire him was very strong. Either do it or don't, get Hoke in there and get some recruiting in in December.