Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Second NU player arrested for DUI

Purify got away with a one game suspension, but TE Hunter Teafatiller (leading receiver at TE) may be gone for the season.

His first "arrest" was back in May - but he was never prosecuted. Why? No one seems to know. The first incident got lost in the shuffle because Purify's first brush with the law happened around the same time.

Tefatiller's first court hearing is 9/12 - so he already will miss two games. But talk in the state is he probably is done for the season.

So Purify, with a DUI on his second arrest and assault on his first - even though it was lumped into one proceeding gets a one game suspension.

Tefatiller has two DUI's and probably done for the season.

Great message for the rest of the team!!! kNU is a team nearing implosion. When they lose to Wake and USC - than it will be fun to be a Clone fan in Nebraska.

Last edited by cyclonelifer; 08-07-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 356

Re: Second NU player arrested for DUI

A Husker friend of mine and I have been communicating via e-mail about our upcoming season. I had this to say about the Huskers this fall...

While the Big 12 folks predict Mizzu to win the Big 12 North, Pinkel will get in his own way and let it slip away. No one else besides Mizzu is ready to challenge for the North. Some thing K-State could, I think their ’06 was a product of an easier schedule (and an ailing Texas). They’ll be decent, but not good enough.

So, my prediction is your Huskers take the North – but they’re not going to dominate like you think. New QB, questions at receiver and depth concerns at running back. Plus, they lost one helluva stud on defense. And as you know, I’m still not convinced Callahan is a great coach – one that fits in Lincoln.

I’ll give the Huskers credit for one thing – finally they’re scheduling a tougher non-conference schedule. I remember in ’05, Nebraska didn’t leave Lincoln until Week 5 I think and they had all patsies out of conference (sorry, Pitt is not a good football team). Now they’ll face Wake Forest and USC this fall. You and some of your fellow fans have a delusion they’ll compete vs. USC this fall. Sorry, it’s just not gonna happen. At USC, they’re better than you – and they know it!

Regardless, I’m not looking forward to when my Cyclones travel to play your Huskers. Nebraska absolutely embarrassed and toyed with ISU last fall – even though the score didn’t indicate it.
    He responded with...

Actually, the strength of the Huskers this year is the receivers. Both deep and talented, and with Sam Keller throwing to them, the Huskers could have a first round draft choice at receiver. Keller threw for over 2,000 yards at ASU in 2005 and in this offense, could reach 3,000 yards. the running backs are excellent....Lucky, Glen and Mendoza will be as strong as any in the big 12. With 4 starters returning on the offensive line, Both Lucky and Glen could be 1,000 yard rushers.....
    Well, looks like he spoke too soon, if this information is correct.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

p.s Nebraska lost two helluva studs on defense, Jay Moore was a good one, Carriker was a little better, but Moore was a great college football player. They have a returning receiving corps, but it lacks talent aside from Purify, Nunn has experience, Peterson has made some plays, Swift, but they aren't the most talented group, but I think they can get it done. They have a stable of solid RB's and a decent returning O-Line, but the whole question is will Sam Keller live up to his hype.

The defense has many more questions, the D-Line returns a bunch of guys with playing time, but not much starting experience, Nebraska did a lot of rotating of D-Linemen and have quite a bit of talent like Ndamakung Suh and Barry Turner, but not quite Carriker and Moore. The Linebackers will be the strength of the D with Corey McKeon, he is the stud back there and not Ruud, Ruud is okay, but not a great LB, the great weakness is what it always has been D-Backs, unless Nebraska really came out on top in getting JUCOS they really won't be too much better, Grixby is alright and Bowman has a ton of talent but was hurt much fo the season, I just think they are coached all wrong on coverage, but it will be interesting and they will still win the North with Missouri right on their tails only because Daniel has that much talent. So don't quite count out the Cyclones quite yet, prolly not gonna happen, but who knows, the north is still rebuilding.

K State has a good young QB, but that might be it
    Kansas is at the end of the Fighting Mangino Era, if he doesn't put up, I believe he is fired, you can't win with a three QB system
    Colorado is starting a true freshman and still lacks at most other positions, they have a RB like always but that is really about it
    Iowa State is really dependent on O-Line, Running Back and defense and how the players respond, we shall see.

Big Shawn, Super Clone!

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

correcting myself Cody Hawkins is a redshirt freshman at Colorado

Big Shawn, Super Clone!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 17

I've heard spin from husker fans that he should only have to miss one game. The rationalizaton is that Purify had 2 alcohol related incidents and will only miss one game. If one gives any credence to Callahan's position on Purify, the TE is in deep doodoo. Callahan deflected criticism about his decision on Purify by stressing how much time away from the program that Purify had to endure. He said that the suspension from the summer conditioning program was appropriate because of all the time that Purify was banned from working out with the team. If the TE is banned from the team for the same time period, his season is toast.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Heard today on the ride home that Teafatiller will remain with the team and practice with them! Nothing will take place until the courts are done!!!

WOW - Two DUI's and no swift punishment.

Callahan is feeling the pressure. This is a team ready to implode.

Gotta love it!!!

Starter
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

yea they probably figured they were doomed w/o purify so did whatever it took to keep him there which eventually will end up biting callahan in the A cuz you know hes not gonna stay out of trouble