Fantasy Draft: Iowa and ISU Rosters
Today on the show, I am going to ask people to call in with their top 5 picks, using the rosters at Iowa and Iowa State.
This is not to score fantasy points, rather, who you would take as a top 5 'draft' order if you were starting a team to win THIS YEAR...not in the future.
My #1 pick is Albert Young, #2 is Todd Blythe, as I feel both of those guys are heads and shoulders better than the rest of their counterparts at their positions, and key positions.
I will give the rest out on my show today, but would love to hear from you with yours.
1460 KXNO from 2-4, online at www.kxno.com, phone numbers to call 515-284-5966 or 866-333-5966, email email@example.com
Hope to hear from some of you. I made this same post on HawkeyeNation.com and CN, so hopefully we hear from both sides.
My top five reflecting my ISU bias,
#1 Scott Stephenson, #2 Brent Curvey, #3 Albert Young, #4 Todd Blythe, #5 Bret Meyer
Good question. I won't be able to call in today...so I'll put my picks here.
1. Todd Blythe. He's the biggest playmaker in the state. He's going to be playing on Sundays.
2. Albert Young. Very solid back, should have a nice NFL career.
3. Bret Meyer. Improved drasticly from year 1 to year 2...same is expected in year 3. I just think he brings more all-around athletic ability than Tate.
4. Scott Chandler. Helluva tight end, would love to have him on my team.
5. Brent Curvey. Motor always running, just makes big plays.
Sounds fun, I'll listen but probably wont call in so I'll just give you my 5 right now.
1. Todd Blythe
2. Albert Young
3. Bret Meyer
4. Scott Stephenson
5. Brent Curvey
...and what the heck, I'll keep going...
6. Kyle Schlicher
7. Austin Flynn
8. Iowa's best lineman
9. Tyrone McKenzie
10. Deandre Jackson
I know this is a little ISU-heavy, but hey, I'm a homer.
I'm really surprised ya'll are forgetting about Chandler...
This is funny, just the other day I was thinking of starting a thread similar to this... but was going to wait till a day where the site was dead... but instead it was going to be a State of Iowa All-Star Team. So you'd have to list the offensive and defensive starters for the best team using only players from ISU, Iowa, and UNI. See which team most of the players come from...
1. Blythe - he actually will do better in the pros
2. Young - like a better Cory Ross
3. Curvey - good motor
4. Chandler - a load (would have been berryman but he blew it)
5. Bret Meyer or Austin Austad - both ahead of Tate
Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.
Austin Arnaud is ahead of Tate? WTF?
Jon, I have to thank you for the comeback to Mark from Ft. Dodge. He accused you of "falling into the Meyer Love-fest" and you handled it well. Thank you.
jon just layed down a major teaser...major announcement on ISU football commin up
1. Blythe-of course
2. Yanda- Young is nothing w/o Iowa's line.
3. Stevenson-ISU's best lineman
4. Deandre Jackson- Closest thing either team has to a shutdown corner, and best KR
5. Brett Meyer- will be the better of the 2 during their senior years.
6. Iwebema- Monsterous size, if he returns.
7. Another Iowa D-lineman
8. Flynn- Gets Blythes sloppy seconds.
9/10.MacKenzie/Miles- Best 2 LB's.
Not able to listen today....what was it?
Originally Posted by JHutch
Listening to the show right now... found it hilarious that Miller would give ISU a 9-3 record with Iowa's schedule.
What did this end up being?
Originally Posted by JHutch