Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Hawkeyes Who?

I have been in Dallas for most of the year, so it has obviously been tough to get much Cyclone information in the local media. So what has been the feeling in and around Iowa? It seems like ISU is catching most of the excitement and attention. Thoughts?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,331
    Given: 932

Re: Hawkeyes Who?

Quote Originally Posted by timjans View Post
    I have been in Dallas for most of the year, so it has obviously been tough to get much Cyclone information in the local media. So what has been the feeling in and around Iowa? It seems like ISU is catching most of the excitement and attention. Thoughts?
    The Sqwaks are basically jealous of the amount of coverage we are getting in places such as Cedar Rapids (although they suck at their coverage) and Davenport/Quad Cities (who historically, IMO, has been very fair in their coverage considering it's definitely black and gold country). Pollard has basically kept ISU in the spotlight with his summer tour, the season ticket controversy (buy season tix or you're not getting into the Iowa-ISU game), pimping Gene Chizik and G-Mac to the masses, and selling the master plan to the regents. Honestly, other than the hiring of Lickliter, most of what has come out of Iowa City this year has been attempts to turn non-stories into limelight, and no one has really bought it. Basically, EIU football has just as many holes and questions, if not more, than ISU, and the fans like to comfort themselves by saying how much they're going to run up the score on us at the Jack this year.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Swarm & Punish
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 1,498

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    The Sqwaks are basically jealous of the amount of coverage we are getting in places such as Cedar Rapids (although they suck at their coverage) and Davenport/Quad Cities (who historically, IMO, has been very fair in their coverage considering it's definitely black and gold country). Pollard has basically kept ISU in the spotlight with his summer tour, the season ticket controversy (buy season tix or you're not getting into the Iowa-ISU game), pimping Gene Chizik and G-Mac to the masses, and selling the master plan to the regents. Honestly, other than the hiring of Lickliter, most of what has come out of Iowa City this year has been attempts to turn non-stories into limelight, and no one has really bought it. Basically, EIU football has just as many holes and questions, if not more, than ISU, and the fans like to comfort themselves by saying how much they're going to run up the score on us at the Jack this year.
    ^^^ What he said ^^^

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

While you were away the school in Iowa City officially changed to a 1-AA football school and changed it's name to EIU. They said that they could not compete with ISU due to Pollard's great staff and felt like if they could not compete in the state, the Big 10 would eat them alive. We replaced them on the schedule with Wisconsin and are heavily favored in the game.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9