Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 85

Twister Sister Summary - what I want for the new year

This is going to be shorter than most posts as it seems to be getting redundant. The current Twister Sister show consists of three components. First, Bolte is playing with the consistency of an all conference performer. I'm literally tickled to death seeing how she is leading this team and at times, like last night, taking the team on her shoulders. Second, we have a point guard that can dish the ball. Loz is doing a great job of distributing the ball as her 10 assists showed last night. Third, our bigs are consistently underperforming.

Bolte is playing lights out. She has confidence and is taking the role of leader on this team with gusto. I like what I'm seeing and I hope she is able to deal with the added pressures that the Big-12 defenses will bring. Why I say that is tied to the rest of the team. We have no other players that are consistent scorers. What is going to happen if Bolte gets the best defender every game (and she will) and no one else is able to step up? Last year we had options with Aus being a top notch scorer and driver. Who will be the person that finds the consistency to support Bolte? Loz has shown the capability, but no one else even comes close. We saw bits and pieces last night but nothing that filled me with confidence.

Loz - what can you say? She is an assist feeding machine. She finds the open player and they score. If we made more of the easy shots there is no telling how many assists she would have. What I would like to see from her is the scoring component. ITs not that she isn't trying as she put up eight shots last night and only hit two. She easily could be the missing link although I'd like to see the additional scoring come from some additional places.

The bigs...here is the redundancy...they are playing with consistency in that they don't hit the easy shots. Prins missed point blank bunnies last night. Pop has no range. Zimm is hard to gauge as she has small spurts and then disappears. These are good players. They have talent. I'm sure our coaching staff is just as frustrated in trying to get them to perform at the level they are capable of. I'll give Pop credit. She hustles her butt off, plays defense and rebounds. But her offensive side has always been suspect. Prins is the puzzle. She doesn't seem to have any or at least enough hand strength. She fumbles passes and gets rebounds torn away from her. She can't jump as she depends solely on her size. She clearly has the most upside and I hope the staff and Prins finds it soon. Zimm is one of those players that has the body to bang but we usually hear from her on the outside rather than the inside. She needs to be more aggressive on offense taking it hard inside. I think she is physically ready, but perhaps isn't mentally. One thing we have seen is the continual solid play of Big C. She is playing very well against lesser teams and has struggled against the top competition. I hope this non-conference schedule has her mentally prepared for what is to come. She has an amazing skill set and is quite the athlete.

What are the pluses that I've seen? Free throw shooting. This team has really struggled and last night they hit almost 76 percent from the field. I'll take that any day. Everyone shot well although in one case Jess missed two in a row after being fouled while shooting. I honestly was surprised we didn't dominate the boards more last night, but we did have people hustling after them. Pop is an animal and has an attitude that compliments her work ethic. Winning - no matter how critical I am of certain aspects of this team, they do keep winning. Its going to be tough as they start the Big 12 season out with Baylor. This is a team we beat handily at home last year, but the additions they've made to their team have made them an impressive team. They could be the only team in the country that can beat UConn and probably should have earlier this season.

The ladies get another chance tonight to work on their deficiencies. I hope we continue to see progress as we prepare for a grueling conference schedule.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Twister Sister Summary - what I want for the new year

Good assessment. I'd like to see Mansfield and Schroll be a little more aggressive driving to the basket more sometimes too. Both them can usually beat their defender off the dribble and that is one thing we really lack this year without Aus along with not having that "goto" player with the shot clock running down. Agreed that the bigs need to step it up. Prins especially needs to get a mean streak and play more physical being she is usually the biggest player on the floor every game.

Go Cubs Go!

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 143

Prins seems to hurry her shoots inside and missed so badly on some last night that it leads me to think itís a confidence thing. I mean some of the shots were just brutal. Sometimes she threw the ball at the basket rather than shot the ball yet on some put backs where she is directly in front of the basket she seemed to have good touch. Maybe because on the put backs you are playing the ball above your head and she can use her height. Donít know, frustrating to watch at times.

Jess had a pretty good game last night. She only had like one FG but found a way to help the scoring by getting to the line.

One thing I noticed the last few games is that Harris seems to have a pretty good knack for getting the ball to our bigs. She has made some very nice passes for a kid who we might just think of as a three point shoot first player. Could have had a couple more nice assists last night but we missed the easy bunnies. The bigs owe her a few assists back.

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,127
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 8

I really appreciate your analyses. I sincerely hope that the upcoming schedule helps build the Sisters' confidence levels. It reminds me of Basic Training in the Army; beat'em down until they can't think but only do, then build them up. If they can react naturally while keeping their emotions in control, they will have a very good year.

Whether you think you can or think you can't;
    you are right. Henry Ford

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

But we beat down the freshman posts last year and built them back up. I am completely lost about Prins. Sometimes she looks like a Big 12 big and then the next time down the court she will let a 6-0 center take the ball away from her or miss yet another bunny. I shudder every time she is on the court. Everything else that has been said I agree.