Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 54,082, Level: 72
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,468
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,231
    Points
    54,082
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    If this is true, this would be a huge xmas gift to me as a Cyclone fan...

    Maryland Coaching Search: Twitter Rumors Say Malzahn Closing, Leach on Campus - Testudo Times

    Rumors around the net have been indicating that the new Maryland HC might be Gus Malzahn instead of Mike Leach...Not sure how well Leach's personality would fit into that atmosphere out there....

    However, Malzahn is a much more professional appearing coach that would fit the uppey atmosphere out in Maryland...

    If this happens, it leaves Chiz high and dry and could also land a bit of a distraction in the closing days to the championship....GO DUCKS....nothing i want more then to see the chiz fall short and Cam Newton to leave college without a National Championship...

    Maryland, do the right thing, hire Malzahn....



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 263,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,454
    Points
    263,192
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 595

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    If this is true, this would be a huge xmas gift to me as a Cyclone fan...

    Maryland Coaching Search: Twitter Rumors Say Malzahn Closing, Leach on Campus - Testudo Times

    Rumors around the net have been indicating that the new Maryland HC might be Gus Malzahn instead of Mike Leach...Not sure how well Leach's personality would fit into that atmosphere out there....

    However, Malzahn is a much more professional appearing coach that would fit the uppey atmosphere out in Maryland...

    If this happens, it leaves Chiz high and dry and could also land a bit of a distraction in the closing days to the championship....GO DUCKS....nothing i want more then to see the chiz fall short and Cam Newton to leave college without a National Championship...

    Maryland, do the right thing, hire Malzahn....
    I couldn't agree more. If Malzahn bolts look for the Chiz to have to actually show his coaching skills next season... if this happens look for Auburn to look totally inept in the fundamental areas of the game and in clock management. If Malzahn leaves I would predict Auburn doesn't do much better then 5-7 or 6-6 next season.



  3. #3
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 304,344, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,278
    Points
    304,344
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 472
    Given: 919

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    I won't be happy till the NCAA actually does something with the Auburn situation, but this would help :) .



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 263,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,454
    Points
    263,192
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 595

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    I won't be happy till the NCAA actually does something with the Auburn situation, but this would help :) .
    That NCAA statement about not playing favorites with their rulings yesterday was absolutely hilarious. They might as well have put out a press release saying that they DO play favorites and for those that don't like it.... well they can suck it. For them to release a statement at all only confirms what we all know... The NCAA is a seriously corrupt organization that takes care of the big time programs so they can keep their pockets fat with cash.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 93,127, Level: 94
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,658
    Points
    93,127
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 43

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. If Malzahn bolts look for the Chiz to have to actually show his coaching skills next season... if this happens look for Auburn to look totally inept in the fundamental areas of the game and in clock management. If Malzahn leaves I would predict Auburn doesn't do much better then 5-7 or 6-6 next season.
    Don't kid yourself, Chizik won't let Auburn drop that far. He saw the value of hiring good coordinators at ISU and is seeing now what having a good coordinator vs a bad one can do. Auburn is willing to pay $1M+ for the right OC...that means that they could take an OC from 95% of teams in CFB.

    If Auburn drops to 8-4 or 7-5, it will because Cam Newton jumped to the pros and they lost some other good starters, not because of coaching. Auburn will have the best coordinators money can buy.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 20,585, Level: 43
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,249
    Points
    20,585
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    If this is true, this would be a huge xmas gift to me as a Cyclone fan...

    Maryland Coaching Search: Twitter Rumors Say Malzahn Closing, Leach on Campus - Testudo Times

    Rumors around the net have been indicating that the new Maryland HC might be Gus Malzahn instead of Mike Leach...Not sure how well Leach's personality would fit into that atmosphere out there....

    However, Malzahn is a much more professional appearing coach that would fit the uppey atmosphere out in Maryland...

    If this happens, it leaves Chiz high and dry and could also land a bit of a distraction in the closing days to the championship....GO DUCKS....nothing i want more then to see the chiz fall short and Cam Newton to leave college without a National Championship...

    Maryland, do the right thing, hire Malzahn....
    Is Malzahn even interested? I hope he bolts, but I was thinking he was fully entrenched down there.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,643, Level: 77
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,908
    Points
    62,643
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    If Leach doesn't get this job, I hope he gets a job somewhere. I miss watching his offense.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 863,994, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,804
    Points
    863,994
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,765
    Given: 1,485

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by 19210 View Post
    Is Malzahn even interested? I hope he bolts, but I was thinking he was fully entrenched down there.

    If he buys one of these, he can be firmly entrenched anywhere....

    Amazon.com: Gerber 22-01945 Entrenching Tool with Pick, Serrated Blade: Home Improvement


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 335,619, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    15,617
    Points
    335,619
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 927
    Given: 1,942

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Don't kid yourself, Chizik won't let Auburn drop that far. He saw the value of hiring good coordinators at ISU and is seeing now what having a good coordinator vs a bad one can do. Auburn is willing to pay $1M+ for the right OC...that means that they could take an OC from 95% of teams in CFB.

    If Auburn drops to 8-4 or 7-5, it will because Cam Newton jumped to the pros and they lost some other good starters, not because of coaching. Auburn will have the best coordinators money can buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 19210 View Post
    Is Malzahn even interested? I hope he bolts, but I was thinking he was fully entrenched down there.
    Even with the best replacement money can buy, system transitions can still set a program back. I agree that any big dip for AU next year is most likely due to losing the best college football player money can buy.

    Malzahn took a raise from Auburn instead of taking a tough job as HC at Vandy. Maryland might be a more advantagious position because he wouldn't get beat up as badly as at Vandy in the SEC.



  10. #10
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 276,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,348
    Points
    276,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 350
    Given: 145

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Maryland has a bunch of taken coming back next year. The difference between there and Vandy is night and day. If Malzahn wants to be a wad coach, this is a perfect chance to go to a good situation.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 59,032, Level: 75
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,889
    Points
    59,032
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 83

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by 19210 View Post
    Is Malzahn even interested? I hope he bolts, but I was thinking he was fully entrenched down there.
    Yes, he is "fully entrenched" which, by Chizik's definition, means that you are staying at your current school until a better offer comes along.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 94,377, Level: 95
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CloneFan4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pants Party
    Posts
    1,731
    Points
    94,377
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    There's no way in hell Malzahn would be stupid enough to take the Maryland job. Everyone who believes this is a possibility needs to stop kidding themselves. Malzahn just got a pay raise and I'm sure he knew Maryland would be interested when he was negotiating with Auburn. He also saw what happened with Will Muschamp and would be stupid to leave for Maryland when he's already making the same amount of money as he would at UM. Malzahn isn't going anywhere this offseason.


    ***Undefeated COD Clone Wars Champion***
    ***OP of the Largest Thread on CF***

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 356,537, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,993
    Points
    356,537
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 47

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ficklone02 View Post
    If Leach doesn't get this job, I hope he gets a job somewhere. I miss watching his offense.
    I miss watching him talk.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    If he buys one of these, he can be firmly entrenched anywhere....

    Amazon.com: Gerber 22-01945 Entrenching Tool with Pick, Serrated Blade: Home Improvement
    Did you google "firmly entrenched" or something?

    It would be nice for the Chiz to get exposed without Malzahn and $Cam Newton next year... but if they win the NC this year that will not go away. Unless of course the NCAA suddenly finds new evidence to take it away after the fact... which is probably scheduled to happen December 22, 2012.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 270,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,495
    Points
    270,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 28

    Re: Late Christmas Gift to me...(Malzahn Rumors)

    Auburn will pay whatever is necessary to keep Malzahn. They already proved that with the Vandy threat.

    I'll be shocked if he goes anywhere now.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM