BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 3,067, Level: 16
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12
    Points
    3,067
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    The Omaha/Council Bluffs Cyclone Club and the Alumni Association are hosting a bus trip to Lincoln , Nebraska for the Men's Basketball Game on January 8th. The bus will originate from Carroll. It will leave Carroll at noon with stops in Westside, Council Bluffs, and Omaha. Pick up spots and times to TBD. Pregame party at P.O. Pears in Lincoln. We estimate arriving at P.O. Pears around 4PM. Game is at 7PM.

    Cost:

    $45 from Carroll or Westside.
    $30 from The Bluffs or Omaha.

    Cost includes the ticket.

    Email Dave King at 5kings@hughes.net or 712-366-1008. Checks should be mailed to 21933 Brush Lane, Council Bluffs, Ia 51503.

    Seats going fast. We have only about 15 out of 56 seats left.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 185,232, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,560
    Points
    185,232
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 619

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Too bad that is not leaving from DSM.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 19,670, Level: 42
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    crash_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tiffin, IA
    Posts
    1,641
    Points
    19,670
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 4

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    where are the tickets? Okay seats?



  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 5,427, Level: 21
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    94
    Points
    5,427
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Or you could watch the game with other Cyclone fans at the Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club Winter Party. $10 gets you Hickory Park (Saucy Southener BBQ) sides and beer, pop, or water.

    Check out the website.

    GDMCC - Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 19,670, Level: 42
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    crash_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tiffin, IA
    Posts
    1,641
    Points
    19,670
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 4

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Going to the game actually sounds fun, esp. with the future wife out of town for the weekend.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,455, Level: 92
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    87,455
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Just got my tickets with a buddy for this game. Driving there ourselves though.

    The unanimous cheer of ISU fans needs to be... "Gooooooo Biggggg Twelvvvvvvve. GO BIG 12!!"



  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 3,067, Level: 16
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12
    Points
    3,067
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by crash_zone View Post
    where are the tickets? Okay seats?

    The tickets are C4 rows 26-28. Hard to get great seats when you need 56 together.

    This trip is always a lot of fun.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,791, Level: 61
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,183
    Points
    39,791
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 41

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by Marti4Cy View Post
    Or you could watch the game with other Cyclone fans at the Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club Winter Party. $10 gets you Hickory Park (Saucy Southener BBQ) sides and beer, pop, or water.

    Check out the website.

    GDMCC - Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club
    AJK what do you think about this?



  9. #9
    Recruit
    Points: 2,416, Level: 13
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    82
    Points
    2,416
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Why would they not have it leave from DSM? So people are going to drive an hour away to Carroll but not just drive themselves to the game two more hours away?



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 41,893, Level: 63
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,108
    Points
    41,893
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 18

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Too bad that is not leaving from DSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoISthis View Post
    Why would they not have it leave from DSM? So people are going to drive an hour away to Carroll but not just drive themselves to the game two more hours away?
    Maybe because it is the OMAHA/COUNCIL BLUFFS Cyclone Club and Alumni Association that is sponsoring it.

    Good grief, people. Had the Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club sponsored the trip out of Des Moines, people in the western part of the state would be wondering why they would have to drive to Des Moines.

    Kudos WesCyd for getting the trip organized. Sounds like there is a lot of interest in western Iowa for the Clones.



  11. #11
    Recruit
    Points: 2,416, Level: 13
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    82
    Points
    2,416
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrocks View Post
    Maybe because it is the OMAHA/COUNCIL BLUFFS Cyclone Club and Alumni Association that is sponsoring it.

    Good grief, people. Had the Greater Des Moines Cyclone Club sponsored the trip out of Des Moines, people in the western part of the state would be wondering why they would have to drive to Des Moines.

    Kudos WesCyd for getting the trip organized. Sounds like there is a lot of interest in western Iowa for the Clones.
    Makes even less sense. People Omaha/CB are going to drive about the same distance east to catch the bus, as they would need to drive to get to the game?
    It is similar to some club in Story City sponsoring a trip to an ISU home game, and having people meet them in Gilbert.

    You do bring up a good point, at least they are organizing a bus trip. The DSM club should do the same.


    Last edited by WhoISthis; 12-29-2010 at 01:46 PM.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 41,893, Level: 63
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,108
    Points
    41,893
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 18

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoISthis View Post
    Still does not make sense. It is similar to some club in Story City sponsoring a trip to an ISU home game, and having people meet them in Gilbert.
    EXACTLY the point. Why should the Omaha/Council Bluffs Cyclone Club, whose members are mostly in the western part of the state, have to drive over to Des Moines to get on the bus?

    The sponsoring Cyclone Club has every right to chose where the trip is originating from. If more of its members are from that area, that's where the trip should originate from.

    WesCyde and his group live in that area. Makes perfect sense to me if they leave from Carroll. If you don't want to drive over, don't.



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 2,416, Level: 13
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    82
    Points
    2,416
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrocks View Post
    EXACTLY the point. Why should the Omaha/Council Bluffs Cyclone Club, whose members are mostly in the western part of the state, have to drive over to Des Moines to get on the bus?

    The sponsoring Cyclone Club has every right to chose where the trip is originating from. If more of its members are from that area, that's where the trip should originate from.

    WesCyde and his group live in that area. Makes perfect sense to me if they leave from Carroll. If you don't want to drive over, don't.
    Cool point.
    Another point is that most of the sponsoring club and AA members would have to drive east to the bus almost as much as it takes to drive to the game or drive an hour west.

    You are correct though, if they want to limit their target demographic to be people around the Carroll area, they can. I would then advertise it as such.


    To all CF members, the Friends of Cyclone Nation and Non-Alumni Association are sponsoring a car ride to Carroll to get on that bus. Leaves from Denison.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 153,191, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,294
    Points
    153,191
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 466

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoISthis View Post
    Cool point.
    Another point is that most of the sponsoring club and AA members would have to drive east to the bus almost as much as it takes to drive to the game or drive an hour west.

    You are correct though, if they want to limit their target demographic to be people around the Carroll area, they can. I would then advertise it as such.


    To all CF members, the Friends of Cyclone Nation and Non-Alumni Association are sponsoring a car ride to Carroll to get on that bus. Leaves from Denison.
    How dumb are you. Read the first post, it is making stops in Council Bluffs and Omaha, you don't have to drive east.



  15. #15
    Recruit
    Points: 2,416, Level: 13
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    82
    Points
    2,416
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BUS TRIP TO LINCOLN FOR MBB

    Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    How dumb are you. Read the first post, it is making stops in Council Bluffs and Omaha, you don't have to drive east.
    Good point. That does make it better.
    Still would not advertise it in that manner.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM