Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

DG's stats

Just thought I would throw this out there. Here are DG's stat ranks thus far this season in the Big 12.

Assists: 1st
    Steals: 3rd

He is the only Big 12 player in the top 5 in 3 of the major statistical categories. Pretty rock solid. Would easily be an All-Big 12er up to this point in the season.

Also interesting is that ISU is the only team with a player in the top 5 of the 6 major statistical category.

Big 12 Conference Statistics - College Basketball - ESPN

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 163

Re: DG's stats

Quote Originally Posted by St810s View Post
    Just thought I would throw this out there. Here are DG's stat ranks thus far this season in the Big 12.

He is the only Big 12 player in the top 5 in 3 of the major statistical categories. Pretty rock solid. Would easily be an All-Big 12er up to this point in the season.

Also interesting is that ISU is the only team with a player in the top 5 of the 6 major statistical category.

When his shot is there, he cannot be stopped. We need more 4-year guys like DG.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 234

DG has done a great job stepping into the leadership role this season. He's going to need to ramp it up even further as the schedule gets tougher, and his team mates will need to as well.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 97

I've been saying this since the end of last year. A senior point guard will pay off dividens this year

Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

"The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Hmmmm .... not to be critical here but you should see the ongoing threads about our cupcake schedule, our 11-2 record, etc. It is easy to make 3 pointers when you are playing nobody's, at home, and are ahead by 30 points. Everyone crowing about DG's improved shot should take that into account. If DG can make those shots on the road, against good teams, and in a close games then it will prove that the improvement is legit. Until then ....

Ditto for all the other stats such as the ones shown here; they look great because we have played crappy teams and DG plays 30+ minutes per game. I don't expect DG to be tops in the B12 in those categories at the end of the B12 season. Well, except maybe for assists ... with the run/gun style and putting up lots of points there are lots of assists to be given out and with DG at the point he'd be the one to dish them. And he is a good assist guy anyway ... he did so under MD's slow it down style too. I'm not saying he isn't a good player or important to this team.

Anyway, the point is you have to take these stats with a grain of salt. The best example of all time is still Michael Jordan for those of you old enough to remember. No, not the Michael Jordan who won all the rings. The first 2-3 years he was at the Bulls he was the best player in the league ... at scoring. Scored like 40pts/game and nobody in the league could stop him. Stop the Bulls? Easy, the Bulls stunk and didn't even make the playoffs. So would you rather have a good team or a mediocre team that has a player or two with great stats. I think we all know the answer to that one.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Hmmmm .... not to be critical here but you should see the ongoing threads about our cupcake schedule, our 11-2 record, etc. It is easy to make 3 pointers when you are playing nobody's, at home, and are ahead by 30 points. Everyone crowing about DG's improved shot should take that into account. If DG can make those shots on the road, against good teams, and in a close games then it will prove that the improvement is legit. Until then ....
    You mean like KSU last year?

Most teams play a non-conference schedule primarily of cupcakes, with a few good teams mixed in. One or two games against NCAA caliber teams would make a big difference in SOS, not in stats.

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

DG is a baller. Love the leadership he has shown i.e. putting the ball in his own hands when they need a big play.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 14

His game had improved nicely this year. Wish he was a little better pure shooter, but he does a nice job running the floor.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post

Ditto for all the other stats such as the ones shown here; they look great because we have played crappy teams and DG plays 30+ minutes per game. I don't expect DG to be tops in the B12 in those categories at the end of the B12 season. Well, except maybe for assists ... with the run/gun style and putting up lots of points there are lots of assists to be given out and with DG at the point he'd be the one to dish them. And he is a good assist guy anyway ... he did so under MD's slow it down style too. I'm not saying he isn't a good player or important to this team.

Anyway, the point is you have to take these stats with a grain of salt. The best example of all time is still Michael Jordan for those of you old enough to remember. No, not the Michael Jordan who won all the rings. The first 2-3 years he was at the Bulls he was the best player in the league ... at scoring. Scored like 40pts/game and nobody in the league could stop him. Stop the Bulls? Easy, the Bulls stunk and didn't even make the playoffs. So would you rather have a good team or a mediocre team that has a player or two with great stats. I think we all know the answer to that one.
    So, in one single post not only have you diminished the surrent stats you also have diminished any future statistical success DG may have by providing minutes and system excuses for why he may not fail. That's just awesome. I don't remember anyone doing this for John Wall or Derek Rose or any other PG who played a lot of minutes and was in an uptempo system.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    So, in one single post not only have you diminished the surrent stats you also have diminished any future statistical success DG may have by providing minutes and system excuses for why he may not fail. That's just awesome. I don't remember anyone doing this for John Wall or Derek Rose or any other PG who played a lot of minutes and was in an uptempo system.
    Standard attitude for many ISU "fans".

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 24

To recap what has been posted several times before, it doesn't matter what measure you use, DG is a bad player in the eyes of some. I believe "paper tiger" was the phrase. Some people just can't deal with the fact that w have some kids that don't get trouble and can play ball.

Addict
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 39

DG's been solid. The competition has been poor so it's not fair to judge Big 12 stats to this point but I've enjoyed watching his play. Other than the first half against Iowa, I've had no problems with him.

I wish he had played in this offense all 4 years instead of that disaster he played in before.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by St810s View Post

4th in points is nice but take a look at how many FGs he's attempted (200). Next closest is Jordan Hamilton (TX) with 184 and then Scott Christopherson with 155.

For all the blowouts we've won, I find it a little scary that DG and SC are taking about 45% of the team's FG attempts on the season. I wish we were more balanced offensively but maybe that's the best Hoiberg can do with the players we have.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 108

Quote Originally Posted by StLouisClone View Post
    4th in points is nice but take a look at how many FGs he's attempted (200). Next closest is Jordan Hamilton (TX) with 184 and then Scott Christopherson with 155.

For all the blowouts we've won, I find it a little scary that DG and SC are taking about 45% of the team's FG attempts on the season. I wish we were more balanced offensively but maybe that's the best Hoiberg can do with the players we have.
    Whom would you rather do the shooting?

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,604
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Standard attitude for many ISU "fans".
    OK, so where would you suppose ISU is ranked as far as Strength of Schedule in the conference? And where does DG rank in minutes per game? I'm betting that ISU is ranked last in SOS and DG is ranked first in mpg. Not that he hasn't played decent ball this year, but that should tell you something about the validity of the individual stats at this point.