Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 17,084, Level: 39
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CloneJob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    608
    Points
    17,084
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 7

    Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    I'd say 75% odds we can be 14-2 going into KU game. Tonight is a win against Chicago State. Virginia should be close. Depends on how we shoot on the road. Northern Illinios is a win. And Neb could be a win, again depending on how we shoot on the road.

    At 14-2... Tourney talk starts to become very real.


    The Hawkeyes, who have lost six of their last seven games, were given a No. 11 seed and will be involved in one of the four first-round games by virtue of being one of the last four at-large teams to make the field. “It’s not a &%#$@%* play-in game!’’ McCaffery said when a reporter phrased it that way. McCaffery then hurled a bottle of G2 into the face of the reporter stating "you #$%*&@ idiot!".

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    Its possible. I like our chances, but wont be upset if it doesn't happen.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." †

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 876,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,197
    Points
    876,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,632
    Given: 2,129

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    At 14-2, we look pretty good.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 184,537, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    11,203
    Points
    184,537
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 357
    Given: 277

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneJob View Post
    I'd say 75% odds we can be 14-2 going into KU game. Tonight is a win against Chicago State. Virginia should be close. Depends on how we shoot on the road. Northern Illinios is a win. And Neb could be a win, again depending on how we shoot on the road.

    At 14-2... Tourney talk starts to become very real.

    IMO, we will lose at least 12 games in conference play. NIT maybe but I doubt it.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 282,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,751
    Points
    282,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 42

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    I'd say 10%. Both of those road game will be tough for us to win.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 222,363, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,874
    Points
    222,363
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 332

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    Odds of being 14-2? I'd say 25%. That means we would have to win 2 games on the road against decent teams.
    I see us losing at least one of those games, possibly both.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 42,281, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,247
    Points
    42,281
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 55

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    I think that 13-3 is much more likely.



  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 14,068, Level: 36
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines via Arkansas
    Posts
    343
    Points
    14,068
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    40 percent to be 14 - 2. There is a 60 percent chance we beat Virginia and 80 percent chance to beat Nebraska, Chi State and N Illinois are wins.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 440,061, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,988
    Points
    440,061
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 30

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    I'd say there's about a 10% chance we start 14-2, and about a 1% chance we have to worry about the NCAA tournament. We're going to get abused in a bad way inside once we started playing real basketball teams.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 36,657, Level: 59
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    drmwevr08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,453
    Points
    36,657
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 6

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    Virginia had a close one this weekend against a team I didn't think was good, but didn't see it and don't even know that they arent good - only going by name. Made me feel better about our chances though.


    Nothing to see here mods. Keep moving.

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 222,363, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,874
    Points
    222,363
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 332

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    14-2 = 25%
    13-3 = 40%
    12-4 = 34%
    11-5 or less = 1%

    I think we will win one of those 2 road games. But, I think our chances of losing both of those road games are greater than winning both of them.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 42,281, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,247
    Points
    42,281
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 55

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    99% chance we beat Chicago St
    50% chance we win at virginia
    95% chance we beat Northern Illinois
    50% chance we win at Nebraska

    ______23.5125% chance of winning all four



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 334,514, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    19,241
    Points
    334,514
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,047
    Given: 1,861

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    We are underdogs in both the UVa and NU games, so each of those games have less that 50% of us winning. kenpom gives us a 48% chance in the UVa game and a 32% chance in the NU game. By my (probably quite incorrect) math, that comes out to 20% chance to win both of them, which sounds about right to me.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,921, Level: 66
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,854
    Points
    45,921
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 341

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    I think 13-3 is probably the most likely and I don't think that'd be anything to scoff at. Especially when you think that up until this point we've beaten every team that I'd say we SHOULD have beat and gone 2-2 in games that could be considered even. At 13-3 even with a loss to VA or Nebby we still wouldn't have a bad loss in IMO. Tourney talk will still probably need to hold off until we got a signature win but wouldnt be unthinkable. Now that there are a few lower tier tourneys I think we'd have a shot with 18 wins. People tend to bash the cbi and collegeinsider tourneys but I'd love to see this staff get a few extra weeks of practice and get our young guys some tournament atmopshere experience, I'll be happy win ANY post season tourney.



  15. #15
    Burgermeister!
    Points: 359,713, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    TykeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,152
    Points
    359,713
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 767

    Re: Chances of being 14-2 going into KU game?

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    We are underdogs in both the UVa and NU games, so each of those games have less that 50% of us winning. kenpom gives us a 48% chance in the UVa game and a 32% chance in the NU game. By my (probably quite incorrect) math, that comes out to 20% chance to win both of them, which sounds about right to me.
    15%


    Asteroids are nature's way of asking "How's that space program going?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM