Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 13,734, Level: 35
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,046
    Points
    13,734
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    I hope everyone can use this thread to post any questions or advice for the first round of playoffs for most fantasy football leagues. I need some help. I need to fill my RB2 spot and my flex spot (WR/RB) with two of these five players: both Mike Williams, L. Blount, A. Peterson, and K. Britt. I'm leaning towards Blount and Britt. Mike Williams (TB) has been slowed down lately. Mike Williams (SEA) is just coming off an injury. Peterson is going to be playing in the cold, with a backup QB, against a very stiff run defense. Everyone is predicting Britt to have a big game, but I'm a little nervous. Blount is also hit or miss. Thoughts? I appreciate it.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 263,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,436
    Points
    263,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 573

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonemaniac7 View Post
    I hope everyone can use this thread to post any questions or advice for the first round of playoffs for most fantasy football leagues. I need some help. I need to fill my RB2 spot and my flex spot (WR/RB) with two of these five players: both Mike Williams, L. Blount, A. Peterson, and K. Britt. I'm leaning towards Blount and Britt. Mike Williams (TB) has been slowed down lately. Mike Williams (SEA) is just coming off an injury. Peterson is going to be playing in the cold, with a backup QB, against a very stiff run defense. Everyone is predicting Britt to have a big game, but I'm a little nervous. Blount is also hit or miss. Thoughts? I appreciate it.
    Blount is not an option against that Detroit D-line. Mike Williams (TB) will be playing at home against a secondary that is questionable. I like that play.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 72,425, Level: 83
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SvrWxCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,851
    Points
    72,425
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    I'm heading into the first rounds of playoffs myself...

    As far as your question goes, I would definitely go with Blount for your RB2 spot. As you said Peterson is coming off of a bad game w/ a few minor injuries and will be playing in very cold and perhaps snowy conditions. It's likely that the Bears will key the run and force Webb to beat them...

    For your flex spot, Williams (TB) has had some trouble lately but I wouldn't be too surprised to see with him some decent numbers this week. That said, Britt is still your better option going against the Texans defense. So in the end:

    RB2 - Blount
    WR/RB - Britt



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 94,988, Level: 95
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,988
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Britt for sure. I know AP is a bad matchup this week but I also think when it comes to the playoffs you have to try not to overthink and go with the guys that got you there and AP was probably a big reason why. Blount and Williams could potentially have better days but they also aren't as consistent as AP is either.


    Go Cubs Go!

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 453,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,127
    Points
    453,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 893
    Given: 2,252

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    I'm in the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues. In one league I had Rivers on the bench, he scored 22 points, but have Vick as my starter I hope he comes ready to play. Already made a major mistake in one by benching Tamme of Indy for Vernon Davis. Probably will cost me in that league.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 453,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,127
    Points
    453,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 893
    Given: 2,252

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Ok now I'm hearing rumors of Tebow starting for Denver. Orton is one my two starting Qb's, am I in trouble?


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 20,985, Level: 44
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    552
    Points
    20,985
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    Ok now I'm hearing rumors of Tebow starting for Denver. Orton is one my two starting Qb's, am I in trouble?
    Yes

    I am trying to figure out which rb to start in a PPR league beside Hillis, I have Torain, Blount, & Best to play.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 453,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,127
    Points
    453,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 893
    Given: 2,252

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    My two best options to replace Orton are Kerry Collins and Matt Hasselbeck. Which is the better choice?


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 72,425, Level: 83
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SvrWxCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,851
    Points
    72,425
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    My two best options to replace Orton are Kerry Collins and Matt Hasselbeck. Which is the better choice?
    Sad news... I have both on my team right now and must play one this week. I'm actually leaning towards Collins, against the Texans defense he is bound to have a decent game... I hope...

    At least I have Vick as my other QB...



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 11,385, Level: 32
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clone26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    515
    Points
    11,385
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by SvrWxCy View Post
    Sad news... I have both on my team right now and must play one this week. I'm actually leaning towards Collins, against the Texans defense he is bound to have a decent game... I hope...

    At least I have Vick as my other QB...
    If any of these leagues are Yahoo and PPR/PPC you need to pick up Joe Webb and start him at WR.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 72,425, Level: 83
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SvrWxCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,851
    Points
    72,425
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by clone26 View Post
    If any of these leagues are Yahoo and PPR/PPC you need to pick up Joe Webb and start him at WR.
    Funny you should mention that.. I actually am in a Yahoo league, but it isn't PPR/PPC; regardless though I did pick up Joe Webb last night for that exact reasoning.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 82,670, Level: 89
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    82,670
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    here's 1 for you. i have arian foster and andre johnson, but no tight end. i picked up owen daniels off waivers. do i start him? scared **** less to start 3 offensive players on 1 team. obviously i'm not benching foster and johnson no matter what, just not sure if i roll the dice with daniels too.

    another 1-what defense? right now i have arizona(bad defense) going against carolina(worst offense in the league), though dallas is out there and they play against the now rex grossman led redskins.

    tia



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 453,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,127
    Points
    453,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 893
    Given: 2,252

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by SvrWxCy View Post
    Sad news... I have both on my team right now and must play one this week. I'm actually leaning towards Collins, against the Texans defense he is bound to have a decent game... I hope...

    At least I have Vick as my other QB...

    Tell me about it. Rivers is my other qb but guy i'm going up against had Vincent Jackson Hasselbeck has killed me in the past and Falcons are a bad matchup. The texans secondary does suck but last time they played the Texans pitched a shut out.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 453,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,127
    Points
    453,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 893
    Given: 2,252

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    here's 1 for you. i have arian foster and andre johnson, but no tight end. i picked up owen daniels off waivers. do i start him? scared **** less to start 3 offensive players on 1 team. obviously i'm not benching foster and johnson no matter what, just not sure if i roll the dice with daniels too.

    another 1-what defense? right now i have arizona(bad defense) going against carolina(worst offense in the league), though dallas is out there and they play against the now rex grossman led redskins.

    tia
    start Daniels, I have him in my starting lineup and for Defense got to go with Dallas against Rexy.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 453,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,127
    Points
    453,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 893
    Given: 2,252

    Re: Fantasy Football Playoff Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by cjb1978 View Post
    Yes

    I am trying to figure out which rb to start in a PPR league beside Hillis, I have Torain, Blount, & Best to play.

    I'd go with Blount.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM