Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Matt Perrault - consistent

I think Matt could deliver his thoughts in a much better way and he does seem to thrive on the mis-fortunes of the schools in Iowa, but he is showing some consistency.

I am starting to believe that he does not have it out ISU any more than the other schools in the state. Generally speaking if you stay consistent you will end up gaining a level of respect, so I hope Matt does this.

I am not an avid listener but I am curious, do others feel that he is consistent? I not asking if you agree with his comments or style.

"Hug It Out."

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Re: Matt Perrault - consistent

I think he gets eager for big news to come down, since he has no history or interest in any programs in the midwest, I think that eagerness to talk something big makes him sound happy. In some ways he is happy to have something to talk about, however I don't think the happiness comes from wanting the downfall of a school or program.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He uses Twitter too much as a source which is extremely lazy.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think he consistently misinterprets information or takes it out of context.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by dundermifflin View Post
    I think Matt could deliver his thoughts in a much better way and he does seem to thrive on the mis-fortunes of the schools in Iowa, but he is showing some consistency.

I am starting to believe that he does not have it out ISU any more than the other schools in the state. Generally speaking if you stay consistent you will end up gaining a level of respect, so I hope Matt does this.

I am not an avid listener but I am curious, do others feel that he is consistent? I not asking if you agree with his comments or style.
    He went after Nebraska the same way when he was in Omaha. Steve Pederson was a constant target although that was about as hard as labeling the Taliban as bad guys.

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by JJ4ISU View Post
    I think he consistently misinterprets information or takes it out of context.
    who doesnt? no one would listen to the radio if people werent sharing opinions and formilating ideas... also he is right about everything he said yesterday. Stanzi had to know where DJK lived, duh. how many of you dont know where your friends live? let alone where your favorite receiving target over the last 2-3 years lives. they hang out all summer doing everything, and he doesnt know? now that doesnt mean he should have told or not, im just saying matt was right assuming ricky knew DJK lived with a drug dealer. maybe he didnt, but most people prob doubt it.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Maybe I will be able to listen to KXNO again soon. We already hate him, if the Tavernhawks join in he may have to move on.

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've never thought he had it out for either school really. He doesn't have an allegiance to either school so I find him usually an unbiased talk show host when it comes to Iowa and ISU topics and he tends to look at issues from more of an outsider perspective and not a local which I find to be a good thing in this market. I do think he's a button pusher and asks questions that most won't ask and will push until he gets a reaction and yesterday was a perfect example of that. I know people here obsess when he isn't 100% positive and waving his pom-poms for ISU but his job isn't to be a cheerleader, it's to stir the pot and create debate and that's exactly what his show does. Does he always handle it in a professional manner? Probably not but I don't believe his intentions are to tear down either school.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I've never thought he had it out for either school really. He doesn't have an allegiance to either school so I find him usually an unbiased talk show host when it comes to Iowa and ISU topics and he tends to look at issues from more of an outsider perspective and not a local which I find to be a good thing in this market. I do think he's a button pusher and asks questions that most won't ask and will push until he gets a reaction and yesterday was a perfect example of that. I know people here obsess when he isn't 100% positive and waving his pom-poms for ISU but his job isn't to be a cheerleader, it's to stir the pot and create debate and that's exactly what his show does. Does he always handle it in a professional manner? Probably not but I don't believe his intentions are to tear down either school.
    I disagree.....he has hounded ISU from day one.

Examples:
    Conf realignment
    Freddy Hire
    Constant Pollard railing

Pro
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 81

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    He went after Nebraska the same way when he was in Omaha. Steve Pederson was a constant target although that was about as hard as labeling the Taliban as bad guys.
    When he first started in Nebraska, the UNL athletic department wouldn't give him the time of day. That was why he didn't like them. Within 2 years he was a full on koolaid drinking Husker devotee during football season.
    Danny Mac used to come onto his show every week during football season and talk ISU football. Dan's firing is the reason he dislikes Pollard.

I remember when we were stuck with this clown and people on this board were hoping he would move east. Now you're stuck with him.

They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by HILLCYD View Post
    I disagree.....he has hounded ISU from day one.

Examples:
    Conf realignment
    Freddy Hire
    Constant Pollard railing
    If guys like Jon Walters and Rob Howe want softball questions tossed their way, that's what Larry Cotlar is for. Perrault was perfectly in the right to question the Hoiberg hire and was perfectly right yesterday.

All-Star
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    If guys like Jon Walters and Rob Howe want softball questions tossed their way, that's what Larry Cotlar is for. Perrault was perfectly in the right to question the Hoiberg hire and was perfectly right yesterday.
    Do you even know the context of the Walters blow up? Let me recap it so you're better informed. CW and Hassel were filling in for Matt and Miller. Matt came on for a bit to recap the introductory press conference for GMac at Creighton. During the segment and taking phone calls CW gets a text from Zabelinski (I think) at Channel 5 saying it's Fred as ISU's next coach. Matt immeadiately starts laughing and saying what a poor hire it is and what a huge mistake ISU is making, basically deriding Fred. CW pulls some strings to get Walters on to talk about the hire and Walters immeadiately rips into Matt saying something like "If you think I'll stay on here while Matt is putting down this hire giggling (hence the name) in the background you're mistaken." Matt gets defensive about being "attacked" and eventually things calm down but you can tell John was still ******. It was never about "softball questions" as you put it, it was about a lack of basic decency and a complete obliviousness to the fact that Hoiberg is a legend and a hero around here and attacking him is one of the things that this fan base finds off limits.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post

This makes as much sense as your post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	154667_482096243468_790548468_5696920_8036459_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	8677  

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by burn587 View Post
    Do you even know the context of the Walters blow up? Let me recap it so you're better informed. CW and Hassel were filling in for Matt and Miller. Matt came on for a bit to recap the introductory press conference for GMac at Creighton. During the segment and taking phone calls CW gets a text from Zabelinski (I think) at Channel 5 saying it's Fred as ISU's next coach. Matt immeadiately starts laughing and saying what a poor hire it is and what a huge mistake ISU is making, basically deriding Fred. CW pulls some strings to get Walters on to talk about the hire and Walters immeadiately rips into Matt saying something like "If you think I'll stay on here while Matt is putting down this hire giggling (hence the name) in the background you're mistaken." Matt gets defensive about being "attacked" and eventually things calm down but you can tell John was still ******. It was never about "softball questions" as you put it, it was about a lack of basic decency and a complete obliviousness to the fact that Hoiberg is a legend and a hero around here and attacking him is one of the things that this fan base finds off limits.
    Considering that Hoiberg has never been a coach on any level, Matt, as a sports talk host, who is paid to give his OPINION was abosuetely (sp?) right to give his opinion and call it a questionable hire.

Pro
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by dundermifflin View Post

If you are consistently a jerk- you are still a jerk, and it really does earn you much respect.

Cyclone fans can only stand him recently because he is being a jerk to someone else.