Aus Storm Article
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Aus Storm Article

    Here is a post that I got on my facebook from the Storms site!!

    STORM: 2010 in Review: Alison Lacey



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 26,981, Level: 50
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,189
    Points
    26,981
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 99

    Re: Aus Storm Article

    There was another article in SPI that she hasn't firmly committed to returning to the Storm next season.



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,830, Level: 26
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    310
    Points
    7,830
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Aus Storm Article

    *sigh*. I miss Alison so much. I don't think I fully appreciated how amazing she was until seeing our team struggle at times this season. She made our freshmen post players last year look good because she always put them in the best position with the ball and made the right passes. I traveled from New York with the team for two games last year, the home game against Nebraska and the game in Boulder against CU. For the NU game I had a courtside folding chair and I remember a driving layup she made right in front of me by passing two players and taking big contact from a third (+1). In the CU game the team was way behind, and she put the team on her back and scored 30+ points, 17-straight in one streak during the game. I was in the 2nd row and the CU coach looked totally befuddled. It was a clinic, she was head and shoulders above everyone else on the floor.

    And who can forget her game winning 3 pointer in the last 30 seconds against Michigan State to advance us to the Elite 8?

    And who can forget her game winning defensive stop on the baseline against Green Bay in the final seconds to force the player into a turnover and advance us to the Sweet 16?

    Whenever her number is retired and hung in the rafters I will definitely be flying back to be there.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 26,981, Level: 50
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,189
    Points
    26,981
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 99

    Re: Aus Storm Article

    The defensive stop against Green Bay was awesome: it was Aus who forced the player to make a mistake instead of the player making her own mistake.



  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 3,482, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    170
    Points
    3,482
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Aus Storm Article

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    There was another article in SPI that she hasn't firmly committed to returning to the Storm next season.
    Someone asked BF at the last lunch, he thought she would definitely be in the WNBA, it's just a question of whether she will return to the Storm or be traded to somewhere she might have more opportunity to play. And that she took less money at Canberra to be able to play closer to her family.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 26,981, Level: 50
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,189
    Points
    26,981
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 99

    Re: Aus Storm Article

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
    Someone asked BF at the last lunch, he thought she would definitely be in the WNBA, it's just a question of whether she will return to the Storm or be traded to somewhere she might have more opportunity to play. And that she took less money at Canberra to be able to play closer to her family.
    Good to hear that. I agree with the article that not getting consistent minutes definitely took a toll on Aus.
    I saw her stat at Canberra Capitals - not very flashy and the information is really limited so I'm not sure how they utilize her talents down there. She had one nice game when she scored 17 pts but other than that it wasn't really eye popping although she played good minutes.



  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 4,684, Level: 20
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mhalb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    216
    Points
    4,684
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Aus Storm Article

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    Good to hear that. I agree with the article that not getting consistent minutes definitely took a toll on Aus.
    I saw her stat at Canberra Capitals - not very flashy and the information is really limited so I'm not sure how they utilize her talents down there. She had one nice game when she scored 17 pts but other than that it wasn't really eye popping although she played good minutes.
    From the limited info we get from the WNBL she was out last game, for who knows what. She is not a starter anymore. :( They don't really set plays for her... The only thing that pops out is that she's playing decent minutes. I wish her luck in the future. Hope she returns to the WNBA, and gets traded somewhere closer to Iowa. I miss Aus. I will definitely be at the game when retire her jersey. We all know it will be retired sometime. The only question is when?


    Once a cyclones, always a cyclone.

  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 3,482, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    170
    Points
    3,482
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Aus Storm Article

    Quote Originally Posted by mhalb View Post
    From the limited info we get from the WNBL she was out last game, for who knows what. She is not a starter anymore. :( They don't really set plays for her... The only thing that pops out is that she's playing decent minutes. I wish her luck in the future. Hope she returns to the WNBA, and gets traded somewhere closer to Iowa. I miss Aus. I will definitely be at the game when retire her jersey. We all know it will be retired sometime. The only question is when?

    The next 2 numbers should definitely be "4", I wonder if they'll go up together?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM