Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,825, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,581
    Points
    105,825
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Cubs Back to Brandon Webb


  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 869,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,458
    Points
    869,883
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,147
    Given: 1,787

    Re: Cubs Back to Brandon Webb

    An inspiring offseason, to be sure.

    He's a great addition if he recovers well.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 51,023, Level: 69
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,023
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Cubs Back to Brandon Webb

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    An inspiring offseason, to be sure.

    He's a great addition if he recovers well.


    There I fixed it for you to properly represent the situation.

    Signing high profile pitchers who are coming off injury is a very risky proposition.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 869,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,458
    Points
    869,883
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,147
    Given: 1,787

    Re: Cubs Back to Brandon Webb

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    There I fixed it for you to properly represent the situation.

    Signing high profile pitchers who are coming off injury is a very risky proposition.
    It is. There just might be a reason that he's available....


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    301
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cubs Back to Brandon Webb

    I was going to write that Hendry has had some luck with injury redemption signings but other than Dempster I can't think of any. Wade Miller, Scott Williamson, and Chad Fox were all sorts of bad. I feel like I'm forgetting some people though.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 186,401, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,617
    Points
    186,401
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 611
    Given: 83

    Re: Cubs Back to Brandon Webb

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    There I fixed it for you to properly represent the situation.

    Signing high profile pitchers who are coming off injury is a very risky proposition.
    When you're signing said pitcher to fill the #5 pitcher slot, it really isn't that big of a risk for a one year deal.

    Now if they were talking about giving him a 4 year/50 million dollar contract, yes that would be a huge risk.

    If the Cubs were closer to contention I'd say do the Garza deal instead but they aren't so it really doesn't make sense to trade away quality prospects at this time.

    I'm really liking the Cubs offseason so far. It will still take a lot of breaks to go the Cubs way for them to contend this year but they should at least be putting a better offense on the field.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 869,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,458
    Points
    869,883
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,147
    Given: 1,787

    Re: Cubs Back to Brandon Webb

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    When you're signing said pitcher to fill the #5 pitcher slot, it really isn't that big of a risk for a one year deal.

    Now if they were talking about giving him a 4 year/50 million dollar contract, yes that would be a huge risk.

    If the Cubs were closer to contention I'd say do the Garza deal instead but they aren't so it really doesn't make sense to trade away quality prospects at this time.

    I'm really liking the Cubs offseason so far. It will still take a lot of breaks to go the Cubs way for them to contend this year but they should at least be putting a better offense on the field.
    I didn't look at the story, to be honest, so I just assumed we were offering that 4 year (or longer) deal.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM