Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 20

Story for you guys

So I was talking to my girlfriend the other day, who goes to EIU, a constant internal struggle, let me tell you . Her dad works in the Turf department at ISU and so he gets on field passes for Football games. We were talking about a game she saw from the field, the conversation went something like this:

Her "Do you remember that one quarterback ISU had a few years back?"
    Me "Austin Flynn?"
    Her "I don't think so..."
    Me "Seneca Wallace?"
    Her "Yea him, one of the games I went to, he scored a touchdown, except he went running all over"
    *My eyes get huge*
    Me "YOU WERE ON THE FIELD FOR THE RUN?!?!?!"

At this point I think I scared her pretty bad, could've been because I started jumping up and down, who knows. She responded rather timidly "...yea he ran right in front of me actually". So anyway, I've decided I need to keep this one, if for nothing other than getting her Dad to get me on the field.

Also, after obtaining this little tidbit, I've convinced her that she is a closet Cyclone and always will be

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Story for you guys

I like your logic. Keep her for the perks if nothing else.

Good story.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 311

[QUOTEAlso, after obtaining this little tidbit, I've convinced her that she is a closet Cyclone and always will be ][/QUOTE]

Actually there are a lot more people in the Closet in Iowa City if ya know what I mean

Speechless
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 731
    Given: 489

Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    So I was talking to my girlfriend the other day, who goes to EIU, a constant internal struggle, let me tell you . Her dad works in the Turf department at ISU and so he gets on field passes for Football games. We were talking about a game she saw from the field, the conversation went something like this:

Her "Do you remember that one quarterback ISU had a few years back?"
    Me "Austin Flynn?"
    Her "I don't think so..."
    Me "Seneca Wallace?"
    Her "Yea him, one of the games I went to, he scored a touchdown, except he went running all over"
    *My eyes get huge*
    Me "YOU WERE ON THE FIELD FOR THE RUN?!?!?!"

At this point I think I scared her pretty bad, could've been because I started jumping up and down, who knows. She responded rather timidly "...yea he ran right in front of me actually". So anyway, I've decided I need to keep this one, if for nothing other than getting her Dad to get me on the field.

Also, after obtaining this little tidbit, I've convinced her that she is a closet Cyclone and always will be
    Good job, man!

All it took was giving Erin a ring with a .5 karat heart-shaped diamond on a gold mount a year and a half ago and six months later another gold ring with 6 chips to complement the first ring to permanently convince her to turn away from her Hawkeye-loving family and join the good guys. $2700 well spent IMO

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    [QUOTEAlso, after obtaining this little tidbit, I've convinced her that she is a closet Cyclone and always will be ]
    Actually there are a lot more people in the Closet in Iowa City if ya know what I mean[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there are also a lot more outside the closet in Iowa City as well...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Actually there are a lot more people in the Closet in Iowa City if ya know what I mean
    There honestly are quite a lot of Cyclone fans living in Iowa City. Most don't hide it, but I suppose a few do. Their numbers obviously don't rival Hawkeye fans there, but it's still an impressive chunk of the city. I don't know why, but Iowa City Cyclones are WAY more common now than they were ten years ago. Just from seeing license plates, flags, window stickers, and clothing around town, I estimate that there are three or four Iowa City Cyclones for every Ames Hawkeye.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ornryactor View Post
    There honestly are quite a lot of Cyclone fans living in Iowa City. Most don't hide it, but I suppose a few do. Their numbers obviously don't rival Hawkeye fans there, but it's still an impressive chunk of the city. I don't know why, but Iowa City Cyclones are WAY more common now than they were ten years ago. Just from seeing license plates, flags, window stickers, and clothing around town, I estimate that there are three or four Iowa City Cyclones for every Ames Hawkeye.
    My guess is they need the high quality educated Cyclone grads to teach their youth, being either their K-12ers or , gasp, those attending EIU! I mean, can you actually get a high quality education from someone that attended EIU?

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 60

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Good job, man!

All it took was giving Erin a ring with a .5 karat heart-shaped diamond on a gold mount a year and a half ago and six months later another gold ring with 6 chips to complement the first ring to permanently convince her to turn away from her Hawkeye-loving family and join the good guys. $2700 well spent IMO
    Soooo... you bribed her? Man that sucks! Hey, do what ya gotta do. We need all the help we can get! I agree, money well spent!

My last gf gave a lick about football. I should have broke up with her just for that! However, my new gf (of 5 months) is a Cyclone. No bribe necessary! See? I killed two birds with one stone! I got a Cyclone fan for a gf AND it didn't cost me anything! Well... no obvious cost at this point.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by temperflare View Post
    Soooo... you bribed her? Man that sucks! Hey, do what ya gotta do. We need all the help we can get! I agree, money well spent!

My last gf gave a lick about football. I should have broke up with her just for that! However, my new gf (of 5 months) is a Cyclone. No bribe necessary! See? I killed two birds with one stone! I got a Cyclone fan for a gf AND it didn't cost me anything! Well... no obvious cost at this point.
    Trust me - her attitude toward her brothers now - how she struts in front of her brothers when wearing the Cyclone gear I bought for her, on gameday, etc., was well worth picking from a Hawkeye family and converting her. I was friends with her brothers beforehand, and it's fun now watching her do the "talking" for me.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

My guess is they need the high quality educated Cyclone grads to teach their youth, being either their K-12ers or , gasp, those attending EIU! I mean, can you actually get a high quality education from someone that attended EIU?
    Funny you should mention that- there honestly are a disproportionate number of ISU grads in the ICCSD. In fact, the three faculty members (choir director, English teacher, principal) that were my mentors in high school all graduated from here. Seeing people in education be so successful with an ISU degree was good motivation for me to come here, too. I've no clue about ISU grads working as professors at UI, but I know that Iowa employs tons of Cyclones in other non-educational areas, like IT, UIHC, and various business offices.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Good job, man!

You got by cheap ... I'm sure she'll wring every last penny out soon enough

(Warning: RANT to follow)
    BTW that whole "second ring" nonsense is total bs. First of all, the original ring costs a boatload but you think its a one time thing ... then they spring this "compliment wedding band" crap on you. Every one of my male friends was just as caught off guard by this as I was ... of course all the female ones assumed everybody knows about it and were dumbfounded that I was "so niave".

Oh well, I got by cheap on the one on my hand ... $52.95 - only thing less expensive would've come in a little plastic egg.