Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 11,621, Level: 32
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    asmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    501
    Points
    11,621
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Nice little article about Izzo's feelings towards Chris Allen as a player -
    "We're not as good a team without Chris Allen,'' Izzo told the Des Moines Register. "Don't kid yourself."

    "I told Freddy (Hoiberg) he's getting a helluva player,'' he continued. "One kid that I'd like to have back in that respect. But could he stay on task to accomplish what we wanted to accomplish? That's what I struggled with a little bit.''

    FANHOUSE: Izzo Misses Transfer

    Also linked the DM Register article from Rick Brown where the original quote was given:

    DM REG: Rick Brown on Izzo

    Loving this year. Looking forward to next.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 213,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,947
    Points
    213,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 44

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Also noticed Kody Ingle is transfering from Creighton. Let the Jokes beggin.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 251,139, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,005
    Points
    251,139
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 91

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Rick Brown used a Dick Vitale quote. It can't get any lower.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 378,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,281
    Points
    378,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 83

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Also noticed Kody Ingle is transfering from Creighton. Let the Jokes beggin.
    To be close to his mother who has cancer. No jokes here.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 35,837, Level: 58
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cyman1189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,658
    Points
    35,837
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Also noticed Kody Ingle is transfering from Creighton. Let the Jokes beggin.
    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    To be close to his mother who has cancer. No jokes here.
    his name IS Knownothing....



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,959, Level: 28
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    clonetil01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    346
    Points
    8,959
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    It's funny to hear Izzo saying that now as I was thinking they(MSU) were really missing him when I watched them play Duke. MSU has a great team but there's no doubt they'd have been better this year with him. Bottomline is we got a great player whose game will translate even better with Freddie's offense.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 380,613, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,516
    Points
    380,613
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 108

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Along the same Creighton vein, Doug overall may be their best player at this point although Korver and Lawson and Young are pretty good. If you watch Doug, he does a lot of the little things on defense and offense that help others. He definitely was needed by his Dad for this CU gig.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,273, Level: 77
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 977
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,901
    Points
    62,273
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 10

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetil01 View Post
    It's funny to hear Izzo saying that now as I was thinking they(MSU) were really missing him when I watched them play Duke. MSU has a great team but there's no doubt they'd have been better this year with him. Bottomline is we got a great player whose game will translate even better with Freddie's offense.
    Agreed. I think the great part about it is he's a complete player at this point. We don't need to develop him....he should be able to be plugged in and have him hit the floor running.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 148,548, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ZJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,361
    Points
    148,548
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 7

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Also noticed Kody Ingle is transfering from Creighton. Let the Jokes beggin.
    Hasn't he always been at Creighton?



  10. #10
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,469, Level: 35
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Torks Pub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    335
    Points
    13,469
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    Nice little article about Izzo's feelings towards Chris Allen as a player -
    "We're not as good a team without Chris Allen,'' Izzo told the Des Moines Register. "Don't kid yourself."

    "I told Freddy (Hoiberg) he's getting a helluva player,'' he continued. "One kid that I'd like to have back in that respect. But could he stay on task to accomplish what we wanted to accomplish? That's what I struggled with a little bit.''

    FANHOUSE: Izzo Misses Transfer

    Also linked the DM Register article from Rick Brown where the original quote was given:

    DM REG: Rick Brown on Izzo

    Loving this year. Looking forward to next.
    If last night's warm ups are any indication we are in luck. Dude can light it up from the three point line with his jeans halfway down his legs.


    "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
    Groucho Marx

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 378,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,281
    Points
    378,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 83

    Re: Izzo Misses Chris Allen, Gives High Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Torks Pub View Post
    If last night's warm ups are any indication we are in luck. Dude can light it up from the three point line with his jeans halfway down his legs.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM