Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 61

PS3

All right you guys talking up college football 2008, got me so excited i went out and bought a PS3 (against my wife's wishes, she thought the money should go to a new purse). Well I have been out of the video game loop for a few years and I suck now - but two things I need to bring up.

1. If ISU's Oline is this bad in real life, Meyer is going to be on life support after 3 games.

2. I tried the online feature and it is SLOW, everything is a 1-2 second delay from the control - very difficult to play. I didn't know if anyone else has this problem or if that is the way it is.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 205

Re: PS3

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    2. I tried the online feature and it is SLOW, everything is a 1-2 second delay from the control - very difficult to play. I didn't know if anyone else has this problem or if that is the way it is.

I don't have a PS3 but just curious what speed of connection you have?

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 61

I have mediacom's cable internet - i have it set up through the wireless, but the PS3 said I was at 98% strength.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8

All right you guys talking up college football 2008, got me so excited i went out and bought a PS3 (against my wife's wishes, she thought the money should go to a new purse). Well I have been out of the video game loop for a few years and I suck now - but two things I need to bring up.

1. If ISU's Oline is this bad in real life, Meyer is going to be on life support after 3 games.

Depends on what difficulty you're playing on. Playing on Heisman gives you only about 2-3 seconds to throw the ball, no matter which OL you're behind. If you're playing on Varsity or All-American, well, I don't know what to tell ya.

Kudos to buying the PS3 in lieu of a purse. If your wife is anything like my girlfriend, she'll be wanting a new purse a year after she got her last one. At least your PS3 will last you years and years longer than a purse will.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 432

And its more of a conversation peice than a purse.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    Kudos to buying the PS3 in lieu of a purse. If your wife is anything like my girlfriend, she'll be wanting a new purse a year after she got her last one.
    A year? Holy crap, dude- if she only "needs" a new purse once a year, you are a damn lucky guy! My ex and- even worse- one of my sisters both get new purses every 6-8 weeks. I can't possibly fathom why, but it's true. Most girls I know seem to cycle through three purses a year, at bare minimum. If your SO is only doing one, I would smile, happily buy it for her, and hope she doesn't notice all the other girls.

Women...

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 484

I'm happy I just tried the rental. I forgot how much I suck at football games.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ornryactor View Post
    A year? Holy crap, dude- if she only "needs" a new purse once a year, you are a damn lucky guy! My ex and- even worse- one of my sisters both get new purses every 6-8 weeks. I can't possibly fathom why, but it's true. Most girls I know seem to cycle through three purses a year, at bare minimum. If your SO is only doing one, I would smile, happily buy it for her, and hope she doesn't notice all the other girls.

Women...
    She's gotten better about it. Plus, she's got her own cash flow through her job, so she's free to get what she wants. It's probably all the clothes she buys that limits how much she can spend on accessories.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Yeah, all the NCAA discussion inspired me to go out and pick up '06 for my Xbox for $4. I have no damn idea what I'm doing when I play this game. All I can do is pick a passing play that has guys running downfield and hope I can complete it. I have no clue how to rush, no clue what all the different formations are supposed to do for me, no clue what half the controls mean, no clue how the Heisman and Dynasty modes work, and so on. I get this vague feeling that it could be really fun to play, if only I could make heads or tails of it.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

CF Founder
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 205

I've personally never liked the NCAA franchise, it just doesn't handle like Madden does. I'd take Madden any day.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ornryactor View Post
    Yeah, all the NCAA discussion inspired me to go out and pick up '06 for my Xbox for $4. I have no damn idea what I'm doing when I play this game. All I can do is pick a passing play that has guys running downfield and hope I can complete it. I have no clue how to rush, no clue what all the different formations are supposed to do for me, no clue what half the controls mean, no clue how the Heisman and Dynasty modes work, and so on. I get this vague feeling that it could be really fun to play, if only I could make heads or tails of it.
    Don't get too into it, you may never see the outside world again!

I started out the same way when I got NCAA '04. I didn't know right from left, but understanding the game gives you a better understanding of the sport in general. I tend to run in a 4-3 defense with ISU all game, switching between zone (all the little yellow circles on the play selection map) for passing downs, and man-to-man (the orange x's) for rushing situations.

If I remember right, '06 was especially easy to pass with, so chose plays that send receivers across the middle of the field so that you can hit them in stride. When running the ball, if you've got a fast halfback, I like to run to the outside and out run the pursuers.

Dynasty mode is pretty addicting, especially if you're a recruiting nut like I am. The season simulation can get pretty crazy though... I've seen Iowa and North Texas play for the national championship before.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,073
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 64

i noticed this too. i hadnt played 08 yet and my cousin (a husker fan)bought it and had practiced. you all know who chose what team.

well at the start i was trying to run the ball every now and then and couldnt get anywhere. i resorted to just throwing it up to blythe the majority of the time with some underneath stuff to RJ. even then i had people in my face every snap.

todd ended up with 280 yards and we won 21-14 in OT. (bell picked off a pass in the endzone to seal it.)