Pre Game Video
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Pre Game Video

  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 5,502, Level: 21
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    193
    Points
    5,502
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Pre Game Video

    I really like the timeline video. But the new video we have of this years players is way too long IMO. We probably have 2-3 min of video before our starting lineups, which is way too long.

    Thoughts?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 128,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,770
    Points
    128,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone357 View Post
    We probably have 2-3 min of video before our starting lineups
    It's right around 90 seconds...for now.



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 5,502, Level: 21
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    193
    Points
    5,502
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    It's right around 90 seconds...for now.
    For now. Kansas' pre game video is probably 45 seconds, ours is too drug out.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 423,998, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,784
    Points
    423,998
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 865
    Given: 415

    Re: Pre Game Video

    its all very awkward.

    -the transition between the video we had for the first part of the season and the new material is awkward
    -why 2 completely contrasting videos? Just seems hacked together.
    -the music is played too softly and has no beat to it, doing nothing to get the crowd involved
    -The whole thing is too long.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 879,720, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,643
    Points
    879,720
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,946
    Given: 2,355

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    its all very awkward.

    -the transition between the video we had for the first part of the season and the new material is awkward
    -why 2 completely contrasting videos? Just seems hacked together.
    -the music is played too softly and has no beat to it, doing nothing to get the crowd involved
    Agreed. I think it was better with just the first "tradition" video.
    The Brackins dunk at the end is a perfect, climactic finish.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 12,967, Level: 34
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    fanaticagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    436
    Points
    12,967
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Really???



  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 5,502, Level: 21
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    193
    Points
    5,502
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Agreed. I think it was better with just the first "tradition" video.
    The Brackins dunk at the end is a perfect, climactic finish.
    Couldn't agree more.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 13,517, Level: 35
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    462
    Points
    13,517
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone357 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

    tradition video is perfect. and it is something we could keep for years to come, to start a.......tradition.



  9. #9
    Walk On
    Points: 5,502, Level: 21
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    193
    Points
    5,502
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by dualforce View Post
    tradition video is perfect. and it is something we could keep for years to come, to start a.......tradition.
    Preach on brother.



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 8,865, Level: 28
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    drose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    468
    Points
    8,865
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Pre Game Video

    I also feel that we need to add another one bites the dust after every victory to get some swagger created for this team.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 25,303, Level: 48
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    784
    Points
    25,303
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone357 View Post
    Preach on brother.


    The video could still change....

    After the first few games last year - I emailed Mary Pink - ISU Marketing, and expressed the "lack" of excitment around the music for the intro. Remember last year's? It was around for the first few games, then got changed the rest of the year to the special Iowa intro - the one with the little kid.

    Mary forwared my request to "Mike Green"? I could be wrong there, but a bunch of us did this and at least "some" action was done.

    Seriously - it's all about timing. OK highlights, OK song...wrong time to do it.

    Not only that....but ISU is married to canned pump up music after timeouts when we have gone a big run. Ever notice that? Nothing deflates a crowd after a big run...then some canned - bad - pump up music. Not only that...it doesn't seem like anyone can edit on the fly. If you are going to do that kind of music - find the right one that fits within the context of a sudden timeout.

    This just blows my mind how bad this has become...how predictable and sterile.

    Flood the AD Marketing inbox....it worked last year. Just keep what they had early this year. Or bring back "Let it Rock". Most really liked that one...good song, good beat to clap to, could easily thread in highlights.

    It's unbelievable that this happen's every year...just stick with what works, start a tradition.


    "Unless a man is born again, he will not see the Kingdom of Heaven" John 3:3

  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,053, Level: 31
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    265
    Points
    11,053
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by larrysarmy View Post
    The video could still change....

    After the first few games last year - I emailed Mary Pink - ISU Marketing, and expressed the "lack" of excitment around the music for the intro. Remember last year's? It was around for the first few games, then got changed the rest of the year to the special Iowa intro - the one with the little kid.

    Mary forwared my request to "Mike Green"? I could be wrong there, but a bunch of us did this and at least "some" action was done.

    Seriously - it's all about timing. OK highlights, OK song...wrong time to do it.

    Not only that....but ISU is married to canned pump up music after timeouts when we have gone a big run. Ever notice that? Nothing deflates a crowd after a big run...then some canned - bad - pump up music. Not only that...it doesn't seem like anyone can edit on the fly. If you are going to do that kind of music - find the right one that fits within the context of a sudden timeout.

    This just blows my mind how bad this has become...how predictable and sterile.

    Flood the AD Marketing inbox....it worked last year. Just keep what they had early this year. Or bring back "Let it Rock". Most really liked that one...good song, good beat to clap to, could easily thread in highlights.

    It's unbelievable that this happen's every year...just stick with what works, start a tradition.
    LINK? By the way, if this thing does miss the mark, what can you expect from a marketing dept who thinks the way to fire up the football team is the play "Sweet Caroline?"



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 143,689, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    6,052
    Points
    143,689
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 30

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Another game, another terrible intro sequence, another thread on CF. Is this stuff run by undergrads? That is a serious question.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 81,231, Level: 88
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 719
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tigershoops31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,412
    Points
    81,231
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

    Re: Pre Game Video

    Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    Another game, another terrible intro sequence, another thread on CF. Is this stuff run by undergrads? That is a serious question.
    What is the name of the song That plays during the video before starting lineups?



    Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

    http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM