Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 86

Final Game Attendance

It appears ISU is not the only school that has trouble putting fannies in seats for the last game of the year. I watched some the WVA vs Rutgers game (mostly because WVA stadium is same as JTS). WVA has the same problems ISU does - upper deck corners were empty and not packed everywhere else but it didn't look horrible. I looked at the attendance for the game and it was 48,386 in a 60k seat stadium. They were also playing for a possible share of the Big East title and maybe a BCS game so there was plenty to play for.

I bring this up because I think people worry too much about how the stadium would look when it is not full - WVA with a 60k seat stadium had only 48k in the stadium and it didn't look awful.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 345

Re: Final Game Attendance

Jerry Jones only has 78,000 for the two big red machines last night. Maybe fannies are sitting at home and watching.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 6

The ever incredible NFL has attendance issues as well.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 86

My point was too many fans worry about having some empty seats and they should not - better to have enough for the largest crowds rather than the smallest.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 285

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Jerry Jones only has 78,000 for the two big red machines last night. Maybe fannies are sitting at home and watching.

I agree, with a bad economy a lot of people went out and bought a Wide Screen Television and bought football packages thru cable or satellite feeds and are sitting at home watching the games on the wide screen.

With inflated ticket prices you can hardly blame them for staying home.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Yeah the economy in Iowa is so terrible but yet all the experts and economic indicators have been trending positive for 13 straight months.

But hey don't let facts and reality change your opinion about the Iowa economy.

ISU's crappy attendence is do to ISU having 25 years + of crappy football. And spending 75 million plus to create more seats that don't look so bad while being empty is foolish especially when you don't have the money or budget. Write the check ISU fan, write the check.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20101205/BUSINESS01/12050343/Why-farmland-is-skyrocketing

Reports: Iowa economy improves
    Dec 1, 2010 | By DONNELLE ELLER deller@dmreg.com ... A string of reports today show Iowa's economic recovery is chugging -- if not zooming -- along. The Iowa Business Council: A group of the state's largest employers said today ...
    Reports: Iowa economy rosier
    Nov 1, 2010 | By DONNELLE ELLER deller@dmreg.com ... yield spread. A separate report looking at October also showed Iowa's economy improved. Ernie Goss, an economist at Creigton University in Omaha, said the Iowa Business Conditions Index showed ...

Last edited by GoShow97; 12-05-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 901

Quote Originally Posted by GoShow97 View Post
    Yeah the economy in Iowa is so terrible but yet all the experts and economic indicators have been trending positive for 13 straight months.

But hey don't let facts and reality change your opinion about the Iowa economy.

ISU's crappy attendence is do to ISU having 25 years + of crappy football. And spending 75 million plus to create actual seats that don't look so bad while being empty is foolish especially when you don't have the money or budget. Write the check ISU fan, write the check.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20101205/BUSINESS01/12050343/Why-farmland-is-skyrocketing

Reports: Iowa economy improves
    Dec 1, 2010 | By DONNELLE ELLER deller@dmreg.com ... A string of reports today show Iowa's economic recovery is chugging -- if not zooming -- along. The Iowa Business Council: A group of the state's largest employers said today ...
    Reports: Iowa economy rosier
    Nov 1, 2010 | By DONNELLE ELLER deller@dmreg.com ... yield spread. A separate report looking at October also showed Iowa's economy improved. Ernie Goss, an economist at Creigton University in Omaha, said the Iowa Business Conditions Index showed ...

But don't let facts change your opinion about bowling in our stadium to improve it.

Starter
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

GoShow, why not point people to real data instead of a Rag article about farmland value (that doesn't actually provide any data itself). Less than 10% of people in Iowa actually own farmland, so yeah, those 10% are maybe doing good because they have non-liquid assets that are predicted at higher values, but the other 90% aren't doing as well. Here's actual data that shows personal income for the entire state was down in 2009:

Personal Income

and here's existing home sales data, which are still down 22% since 2006:
    Existing Home Sales

and oh yeah, the unemployment numbers for Iowa (October's numbers were .2% worse than last year, 2.0% worse than 2008, and 2.9% worse than 2007):
    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You can talk about farmland value till you're blue in the face and quote other people who think the its great too, but in broad economic indicators, the economy is down year over year for anyone willing to actually look at numbers can see this.

I will agree with you in part on your point that 25 years of losing is why we can't fill our stadium consistently. Well, 25 years of losing along with setting a ticket price point comparable to other big12 schools AND that the population base surrounding the stadium is very low compared with other big12 schools. Here's what I would like to know, when do you expand the stadium? After 3 winning years in a row? After 10? Or do you measure it in sellouts? 10 in a row? 20? 30? If you were AD, when do you pull the trigger?

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by synapticwave View Post
    GoShow, why not point people to real data instead of a Rag article about farmland value (that doesn't actually provide any data itself). Less than 10% of people in Iowa actually own farmland, so yeah, those 10% are maybe doing good because they have non-liquid assets that are predicted at higher values, but the other 90% aren't doing as well. Here's actual data that shows personal income for the entire state was down in 2009:

Personal Income

and here's existing home sales data, which are still down 22% since 2006:
    Existing Home Sales

and oh yeah, the unemployment numbers for Iowa (October's numbers were .2% worse than last year, 2.0% worse than 2008, and 2.9% worse than 2007):
    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

You can talk about farmland value till you're blue in the face and quote other people who think the its great too, but in broad economic indicators, the economy is down year over year for anyone willing to actually look at numbers can see this.

I will agree with you in part on your point that 25 years of losing is why we can't fill our stadium consistently. Well, 25 years of losing along with setting a ticket price point comparable to other big12 schools AND that the population base surrounding the stadium is very low compared with other big12 schools. Here's what I would like to know, when do you expand the stadium? After 3 winning years in a row? After 10? Or do you measure it in sellouts? 10 in a row? 20? 30? If you were AD, when do you pull the trigger?
    Two of the three cited article contained infor straight from the Fed - The article may have been from the DSM Reg but the inforamation contained within the articles certainly was not made up by the DSM Reg.

My point was to illustrate that the Iowa economy is not as bad as some say it is.
    I would expect todays numbers to be down as compared with the past considering that the recent past included the all time high with most of that data. For the most part all indicators are trending upward. Trending upward, improving, and have been for over a year now. I didn't say they were up to the point of where they were prior during the alltime high. There certainly are alot more positives than negatives.

Discount the impact on farm land all you want. Discount the Ag economy all you want but both of these help drive the overall Iowa Economy, not to mention that time and time again, over and over we are told that the reason ISU has bad football attendance is becuase most of ISU's fan base are farmers, who are too busy farming to come watch the games. But now we are told it's because of the poor Iowa economy.

When do I invest scarce dollars to bowl in JTS, easy, when I have the money to do it.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    But don't let facts change your opinion about bowling in our stadium to improve it.
    Write the check, big spender. Write the check.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Write the check, big spender. Write the check.
    Well seeing as I'm still in college. I doubt that will happen huh?

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    Well seeing as I'm still in college. I doubt that will happen huh?
    You want JTS bowled in but yet can't/won't pay for it.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 24

So you don't have ANY desires that you can't fulfill at this point in your life? Spare me the bull ****.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm also a junior in college and don't have the means to be a donor until I graduate. When I do, I'll put the most effort in trying to help....

But continue on....

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    So you don't have ANY desires that you can't fulfill at this point in your life? Spare me the bull ****.
    Ah yes, but this isn't about me, now is it. I see no analogy between some ISU fans issues with JTS and mine.

BTW, I'm not singling out any individual ISU fan. It's ISU fans as a whole - who by and large - have come up short in the area of contributing and donating to ISU athletics. Although there are several reasons for this, in the end it all comes down to ISU not having the required funds to invest towards improvments that some fans seemingly are demanding but yet are unwilling/reluctant to pay.
    You want JTS bowled in?

Again, I say, write the check.