Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 10,136, Level: 30
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 414
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CycloneJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    769
    Points
    10,136
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 39

    T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Just heard this from a friend of a friend of a friend who has "two or three sources", so take it for what its worth (perhaps nothing). But here is what they say happened:

    1. Bo's meltdown against Taylor on Saturday night. All agree it was over a cell phone. When Taylor was injured, he was taken to the A&M locker room because that is where the X-Ray facility was. After being X-rayed and cleared, rather than hurry and return to the team, Taylor left the medical staff to walk all the way over to NU's locker room, retrieve his cell phone, and have a conversation with his father. All told, Taylor and his dad waste 10-20 minutes. Bo is upset on two different levels. One, he needs the kid back in the game and he's wasting time. Two, Bo has a very explicit rule about cell phones in the locker room and on the field. Evidently, Taylor has been busted for this kind of thing in the past.

    Taylor comes back out on the field and the medical staff informs Bo of Taylor's activities. You saw the conversation that ensued on national TV. Not pleasant. There are several 'lip-reader' interpretations out there. All have to do with a phone call.


    2. Upon returning to Lincoln , the next day finds Taylor 's dad having shown up on campus. He's upset. This has happened with Taylor 's dad in the past and Bo pretty much hates dealing with it. They have a meeting with Taylor, Taylor 's dad, and Pelini. Pelini explains that Taylor has violated team rules and will be suspended for a game. Evidently, Taylor's dad completely loses it, stating that it is their intention to transfer from NU to somewhere else and that calling it a 'suspension' will keep teams from wanting his son. Bo says, "Fine, call it whatever you want, but your son isn't playing on Friday." The meeting doesn't end well. Rumors swirl like crazy Sunday night that Taylor has quit the team. Technically, he hasn't, but there is enough truth in there to know that something has happened.


    3. The next day, Taylor shows up with a walking boot on his foot to practice. Him and his dad want him to wear the boot so that people will believe that he is not playing this week because of his ankle, not because he's 'suspended'. As a 'screw you' to Pelini, however, Taylor wears the boot on the wrong foot, causing all sorts of confusion and strange questions from the press. Taylor , in his odd way, thinks this is all some kind of funny joke.


    As this little stunt makes its way through the team, former players such as Phillip Dillard start piping up via Twitter and Facebook, describing their thoughts on Taylor and his established history of stunts like this, neglect for team rules, his over-obsessive daddy, etc. Phil calls on the Unity Council to dismiss Martinez from the team. Speculation is that current players are the source of Dillard's anger.


    What the 'inside' people are reporting is this: Taylor Martinez is gone after this season. All agree this is the case. He may not play another game for Nebraska . Taylor wants to be gone, Taylor 's dad wants him gone, and Bo and the rest of the team want him gone. Everyone within the program, from the coaches to the players, are tired of his prima donna attitude, helicopter dad, and general lack of respect for all things Nebraska . The 'suspension' will never be publicized as such - but that's what it is according to others.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 42,834, Level: 63
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,688
    Points
    42,834
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 4

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJames View Post
    Just heard this from a friend of a friend of a friend who has "two or three sources", so take it for what its worth (perhaps nothing). But here is what they say happened:

    1. Bo's meltdown against Taylor on Saturday night. All agree it was over a cell phone. When Taylor was injured, he was taken to the A&M locker room because that is where the X-Ray facility was. After being X-rayed and cleared, rather than hurry and return to the team, Taylor left the medical staff to walk all the way over to NU's locker room, retrieve his cell phone, and have a conversation with his father. All told, Taylor and his dad waste 10-20 minutes. Bo is upset on two different levels. One, he needs the kid back in the game and he's wasting time. Two, Bo has a very explicit rule about cell phones in the locker room and on the field. Evidently, Taylor has been busted for this kind of thing in the past.

    Taylor comes back out on the field and the medical staff informs Bo of Taylor's activities. You saw the conversation that ensued on national TV. Not pleasant. There are several 'lip-reader' interpretations out there. All have to do with a phone call.


    2. Upon returning to Lincoln , the next day finds Taylor 's dad having shown up on campus. He's upset. This has happened with Taylor 's dad in the past and Bo pretty much hates dealing with it. They have a meeting with Taylor, Taylor 's dad, and Pelini. Pelini explains that Taylor has violated team rules and will be suspended for a game. Evidently, Taylor's dad completely loses it, stating that it is their intention to transfer from NU to somewhere else and that calling it a 'suspension' will keep teams from wanting his son. Bo says, "Fine, call it whatever you want, but your son isn't playing on Friday." The meeting doesn't end well. Rumors swirl like crazy Sunday night that Taylor has quit the team. Technically, he hasn't, but there is enough truth in there to know that something has happened.


    3. The next day, Taylor shows up with a walking boot on his foot to practice. Him and his dad want him to wear the boot so that people will believe that he is not playing this week because of his ankle, not because he's 'suspended'. As a 'screw you' to Pelini, however, Taylor wears the boot on the wrong foot, causing all sorts of confusion and strange questions from the press. Taylor , in his odd way, thinks this is all some kind of funny joke.


    As this little stunt makes its way through the team, former players such as Phillip Dillard start piping up via Twitter and Facebook, describing their thoughts on Taylor and his established history of stunts like this, neglect for team rules, his over-obsessive daddy, etc. Phil calls on the Unity Council to dismiss Martinez from the team. Speculation is that current players are the source of Dillard's anger.


    What the 'inside' people are reporting is this: Taylor Martinez is gone after this season. All agree this is the case. He may not play another game for Nebraska . Taylor wants to be gone, Taylor 's dad wants him gone, and Bo and the rest of the team want him gone. Everyone within the program, from the coaches to the players, are tired of his prima donna attitude, helicopter dad, and general lack of respect for all things Nebraska . The 'suspension' will never be publicized as such - but that's what it is according to others.
    Enter Jamal Turner and Bubba Starling. Bye Taylor...
    On a side note, if he decides to transfer, could he come to ISU, because NU will no longer be in the same conference? No penalties need apply.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 60,199, Level: 76
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,451
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    3,301
    Points
    60,199
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Bubba Starling will not end up at Nebraska, Baseball America or Prospectus or somebody just called him the number 1 high school baseball player in America. The speculation the whole time is that if he was a first round baseball pick he was going to play baseball, he may be the FIRST OVERALL PICK.


    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 220,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,457
    Points
    220,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 337
    Given: 427

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Sounds like a baby.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 128,603, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,014
    Points
    128,603
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 112

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJames View Post
    Just heard this from a friend of a friend of a friend who has "two or three sources", so take it for what its worth (perhaps nothing). But here is what they say happened:

    1. Bo's meltdown against Taylor on Saturday night. All agree it was over a cell phone. When Taylor was injured, he was taken to the A&M locker room because that is where the X-Ray facility was. After being X-rayed and cleared, rather than hurry and return to the team, Taylor left the medical staff to walk all the way over to NU's locker room, retrieve his cell phone, and have a conversation with his father. All told, Taylor and his dad waste 10-20 minutes. Bo is upset on two different levels. One, he needs the kid back in the game and he's wasting time. Two, Bo has a very explicit rule about cell phones in the locker room and on the field. Evidently, Taylor has been busted for this kind of thing in the past.

    Taylor comes back out on the field and the medical staff informs Bo of Taylor's activities. You saw the conversation that ensued on national TV. Not pleasant. There are several 'lip-reader' interpretations out there. All have to do with a phone call.


    2. Upon returning to Lincoln , the next day finds Taylor 's dad having shown up on campus. He's upset. This has happened with Taylor 's dad in the past and Bo pretty much hates dealing with it. They have a meeting with Taylor, Taylor 's dad, and Pelini. Pelini explains that Taylor has violated team rules and will be suspended for a game. Evidently, Taylor's dad completely loses it, stating that it is their intention to transfer from NU to somewhere else and that calling it a 'suspension' will keep teams from wanting his son. Bo says, "Fine, call it whatever you want, but your son isn't playing on Friday." The meeting doesn't end well. Rumors swirl like crazy Sunday night that Taylor has quit the team. Technically, he hasn't, but there is enough truth in there to know that something has happened.


    3. The next day, Taylor shows up with a walking boot on his foot to practice. Him and his dad want him to wear the boot so that people will believe that he is not playing this week because of his ankle, not because he's 'suspended'. As a 'screw you' to Pelini, however, Taylor wears the boot on the wrong foot, causing all sorts of confusion and strange questions from the press. Taylor , in his odd way, thinks this is all some kind of funny joke.


    As this little stunt makes its way through the team, former players such as Phillip Dillard start piping up via Twitter and Facebook, describing their thoughts on Taylor and his established history of stunts like this, neglect for team rules, his over-obsessive daddy, etc. Phil calls on the Unity Council to dismiss Martinez from the team. Speculation is that current players are the source of Dillard's anger.


    What the 'inside' people are reporting is this: Taylor Martinez is gone after this season. All agree this is the case. He may not play another game for Nebraska . Taylor wants to be gone, Taylor 's dad wants him gone, and Bo and the rest of the team want him gone. Everyone within the program, from the coaches to the players, are tired of his prima donna attitude, helicopter dad, and general lack of respect for all things Nebraska . The 'suspension' will never be publicized as such - but that's what it is according to others.
    He gone, wont play in the bowl game either according to a friend in Lincoln.



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 11,874, Level: 32
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clone26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    526
    Points
    11,874
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Sounds like a baby.
    Despite him being an amazing talent, I think we could go without his and his dad's drama here.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 271,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,596
    Points
    271,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 356
    Given: 836

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Enter Jamal Turner and Bubba Starling. Bye Taylor...
    On a side note, if he decides to transfer, could he come to ISU, because NU will no longer be in the same conference? No penalties need apply.
    I think the thing that most people are forgetting in this situation is the coaches attitude. Does anybody think that maybe just maybe if Bo Pelini wasn't such a **** that Taylor wouldn't be pulling these "stunts"?

    When the Chancelor of the university comes out publically to announce his embarrassment at the coaches actions there might be some merit to how poorly Pelini treats his players. Just saying....


    Last edited by LindenCy; 12-02-2010 at 01:55 PM.

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 26,079, Level: 49
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,453
    Points
    26,079
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    I agree with you cyclonestate. I mean if I had to guess it probably is a little bit of both. Rarely is one party totally innocent in any case.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 128,603, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,014
    Points
    128,603
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 112

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    I think the thing that most people are forgetting in this situation is the coaches attitude. Does anybody think that maybe just maybe if Bo Pelini wasn't such a dick that Taylor wouldn't be pulling these "stunts"?

    When the Chancelor of the university comes out publically to announce his embarrassment at the coaches actions there might be some merit to how poorly Pelini treats his players. Just saying....
    This, seriously who would want to play for the guy.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 347,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,483
    Points
    347,787
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 89

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    After the first sentence I was like but after the thouroughness of the post I am like. Good post and from what I have heard it's pretty spot on.

    I will **** some poeple off here. The same ones that say, "WE NEED IMMEDIATE IMPACT PLAYERS. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO NOT TAKE CHANCES...rabble rabble rabble." I do not want Taylor Martinez here. Sorry. He has been a headache and will continue to be a headache. There are better options for this team.


    It's all snark from here on out

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 101,564, Level: 99
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,486
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,183
    Points
    101,564
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 25

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    I thought it was "T Magic"......that's a more special nickname.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 60,669, Level: 76
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 981
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,240
    Points
    60,669
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 2

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    After the first sentence I was like but after the thouroughness of the post I am like. Good post and from what I have heard it's pretty spot on.

    I will **** some poeple off here. The same ones that say, "WE NEED IMMEDIATE IMPACT PLAYERS. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO NOT TAKE CHANCES...rabble rabble rabble." I do not want Taylor Martinez here. Sorry. He has been a headache and will continue to be a headache. There are better options for this team.

    He will most likely end up somewhere out west but I'd still take him. It would be very very difficult to turn down that kind of speed. He may not pull that crap if he is playing for a coach that he likes. How could you not want to play for CPR?

    Who knows what is going to happen but I hope ISU would "take a chance" on him if the opportunity presented itself.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 159,383, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,166
    Points
    159,383
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 914
    Given: 10

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    I don't know, I'd say we give it a shot if he would be willing to come here. We have been on the other end of the "little known prospect comes in and has great talent, ego inflates, family members tell him he is too good for the schoo" story, and it worked well for the team that got him...



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,842, Level: 80
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,953
    Points
    67,842
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 0

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    On a side note, if he decides to transfer, could he come to ISU, because NU will no longer be in the same conference? No penalties need apply.
    Good question. On one hand, he'd be transferring from a Big 12 team this season to a Big 12 team next season. On the other hand, during his mandatory redshirt season his former team would not be in the big 12 anymore.

    Another good question would be whether a penalty would apply if he transferred to a Big 10 school. I assume they have the same conference policy.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 128,603, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,014
    Points
    128,603
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 112

    Re: T-Mart gone at end of year?

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    Good question. On one hand, he'd be transferring from a Big 12 team this season to a Big 12 team next season. On the other hand, during his mandatory redshirt season his former team would not be in the big 12 anymore.

    Another good question would be whether a penalty would apply if he transferred to a Big 10 school. I assume they have the same conference policy.
    He could do the transfer at the end of June and be ok. Would have to sit out one season. I heard he was going to the West coast, but his heart is at ISU if the option is there.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM