Walk On Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

My thoughts on UNI game

My thoughts from 3rd row student section. Yes I was reppin ISU gear.

Fred Hoiberg- I think he could have done a better job of coaching tonight. Bobby Lutz seemed to do most of the coaching which is understandable, given the experience. But at one point we were down 2 and a TV timeout. After a long time the players came out and DG did two dribbles and shot a 17 footer which he missed. Really all the time and didnít draw up a play??

Diante- Was cold for the most part tonight. Looked a lot like the GMAC days of forcing it up. Needs to learn if he is not on to start passing.

JVB- Foul trouble killed him. This man is a great shooter, but he needs to work on his post-up moves. I mean he couldnít score on O-Rear in the post at all.

Ejim- This guy is a beast. Foul trouble killed him, but I am excited for this guy. Played with a lot of heart and determination tonight. Big plays out of him.

Jake- Some good 3s in the corner. But the dude every time after a timeout waiting for UNI he looked so sad like his dog died. Not a good rebounding night for him at all. Not for anyone actually barely saw any red jersey in the paint after a shot.

Scotty- Was cold for the most part, but had to take a lot of bad shots. UNI was keying on him bad. He couldnít get an opener jumper at all.

Railey- Was very impressed with him for the most part. Played good defense had 2 blocks. 3-4 from line. Once this guy bulks up he will be a pretty reliable post for us.

Godfrey- Looked ****** off at the world tonight. A lot of bad mistakes by him. A lot off the ball fouls. Freshman mistakes he will learn from.

Overall- Shooting and rebounds lost us the game. Key Stat- UNI foul line 20-23.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: My thoughts on UNI game

No post play none at all. we better hope we can find a post fast.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,566
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 112

No post play none at all. we better hope we can find a post fast.

Until White and Booker are eligible to play next season, we're just going to have to develop who we have now.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

we got homecooked also.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 800
    Given: 661

Quote Originally Posted by Cytom5 View Post
    we got homecooked also.
    This is just automatic at UNI, only KU gets better calls against us than @UNI.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

My thoughts from 3rd row student section. Yes I was reppin ISU gear.

Fred Hoiberg- I think he could have done a better job of coaching tonight. Bobby Lutz seemed to do most of the coaching which is understandable, given the experience. But at one point we were down 2 and a TV timeout. After a long time the players came out and DG did two dribbles and shot a 17 footer which he missed. Really all the time and didn’t draw up a play??

Would have liked to have seen more designed plays out of timeouts, particularly to Anderson or Ejim.

Diante- Was cold for the most part tonight. Looked a lot like the GMAC days of forcing it up. Needs to learn if he is not on to start passing.

He was having some success getting to the basket later on in the game. I would prefer taking my chance at him making a lay-up than a 20 footer. And that's saying a lot.

JVB- Foul trouble killed him. This man is a great shooter, but he needs to work on his post-up moves. I mean he couldn’t score on O-Rear in the post at all.

Didn't look like he even wanted to be out there tonight.

Ejim- This guy is a beast. Foul trouble killed him, but I am excited for this guy. Played with a lot of heart and determination tonight. Big plays out of him.

I liked the way he played. Wish we could have gotten him some more opportunities

Jake- Some good 3s in the corner. But the dude every time after a timeout waiting for UNI he looked so sad like his dog died. Not a good rebounding night for him at all. Not for anyone actually barely saw any red jersey in the paint after a shot.

I'm guessing he seemed disappointed because he believes he should have had some plays designed for him, particularly down the stretch. He seemed to have more energy than anybody out there and made some clutch shots.

Scotty- Was cold for the most part, but had to take a lot of bad shots. UNI was keying on him bad. He couldn’t get an opener jumper at all.

He had some pretty questionable shot selections, and didn't score a bucket after the 16 minute mark left in the 1st half, outside of a couple of free throws.

Railey- Was very impressed with him for the most part. Played good defense had 2 blocks. 3-4 from line. Once this guy bulks up he will be a pretty reliable post for us.

Looked good. Wish he could have stayed on the court longer and given us some semblance of an option inside.

Godfrey- Looked ****** off at the world tonight. A lot of bad mistakes by him. A lot off the ball fouls. Freshman mistakes he will learn from.

Agreed. Didn't contribute a whole lot, except fouls.

Overall- Shooting and rebounds lost us the game. Key Stat- UNI foul line 20-23.

Plus our leaders need to step if we're going to have any success this year, particularly on the road.

Last edited by San Francisco Cy; 12-02-2010 at 03:10 AM.
    In Fred, we trust!! Go Cyclones!