Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 93

Loud noises!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inpRaoYdQOI]YouTube - I DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!![/ame]

Just thought I'd contribute to the ongoing meltdown after the game tonight.

But seriously...(full disclosure, I am a dual ISU/UNI fan. From Ames, grew up going to games in Hilton, dad was a professor, etc., got my bachelor's from UNI, was in Oklahoma City last season for the tournament), seeing ISU fans in other threads rip on UNI and talking about what a horrible team they are and how they will soon be fading into oblivion, when UNI has won 4 out of the last 5 in the series, went to the Sweet 16 last season, and beat the freakin' NUMBER ONE team in the country to do it, is pure idiocy, nothing less, not to mention just looking like plain sore losers as well, and I am not afraid to call out fellow Clone fans on it.

As for the game itself, UNI has been winning ugly for a long time and forcing other teams into their tempo with strong defense, and that's exactly what happened tonight. Hopefully we will learn from tonight's loss and move on. I am still excited for ISU to be 6-1 at this point in the season, and so should all Cyclone fans. Anderson is a flat-out stud, and that three he made to tie the game late was money. I know Scotty didn't play well tonight, but there is something in the Register's website about playing on a sore ankle, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

We all knew ISU wasn't going to go undefeated this season. Might as well make the first loss on the road against a good program.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,394
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 4

Re: Loud noises!

You are a UNI fan first and foremost (you admitted on Panthernation.com, I saw it!). Don't try and make us diehard clones feel better after losing. I'll take my medicine tonight and wake up tomorrow ready to watch us compete with Cal. You can have your sympathy back now.

***King of Diplomacy***

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,900
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You are a UNI fan first and foremost (you admitted on Panthernation.com, I saw it!). Don't try and make us diehard clones feel better after losing. I'll take my medicine tonight and wake up tomorrow ready to watch us compete with Cal. You can have your sympathy back now.

Didn't you used to be a moderator here? What happened to that anyway?

Yep, I'll admit I was cheering for UNI tonight, doesn't necessarily mean I'm a Panther fan "first and foremost". I was cheering for UNI tonight because at this point in the season 6-1 for ISU is great IMO considering we have been picked last by everyone and anyone. 2-3 for UNI is not great and would have been a big cause for concern. Guess what? Last season I was cheering for ISU to beat UNI in this game and I was as disappointed as anyone in how we lost that game.

You are a UNI fan first and foremost (you admitted on Panthernation.com, I saw it!).

Damn, now that I look at this again I'm a little worred I might have a stalker on my hands.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 75

meltdown?!

I don't think anyone is really having a melt down. People are saying that we played as bad as we possibly could have tonight but I wouldn't call that a meltdown.

A meltdown we be like... "FIRE HOIBERG NOW!!! AARG!!!" or "WE'RE WORSE THAN IOWA!!!"

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    YouTube - I DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!!

Just thought I'd contribute to the ongoing meltdown after the game tonight.

But seriously...(full disclosure, I am a dual ISU/UNI fan. From Ames, grew up going to games in Hilton, dad was a professor, etc., got my bachelor's from UNI, was in Oklahoma City last season for the tournament), seeing ISU fans in other threads rip on UNI and talking about what a horrible team they are and how they will soon be fading into oblivion, when UNI has won 4 out of the last 5 in the series, went to the Sweet 16 last season, and beat the freakin' NUMBER ONE team in the country to do it, is pure idiocy, nothing less, not to mention just looking like plain sore losers as well, and I am not afraid to call out fellow Clone fans on it.

As for the game itself, UNI has been winning ugly for a long time and forcing other teams into their tempo with strong defense, and that's exactly what happened tonight. Hopefully we will learn from tonight's loss and move on. I am still excited for ISU to be 6-1 at this point in the season, and so should all Cyclone fans. Anderson is a flat-out stud, and that three he made to tie the game late was money. I know Scotty didn't play well tonight, but there is something in the Register's website about playing on a sore ankle, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

We all knew ISU wasn't going to go undefeated this season. Might as well make the first loss on the road against a good program.

A UNI grad that doesn't claim the Hawks as their team? Color me shocked.

I don't hate UNI.

I just hate that turd of a coach UNI squirted out on us after Wayne Morgan. It will take a few years to rebound after that idiot's 4 years.

Last edited by Palmer; 12-02-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    Carrying the banner for ISU.

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Loud noises around here isn't the worse thing, it means people are caring again!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,394
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 4

I am a stalker, I can't help it :) I have never been a moderator :( and I love kittens.

Two lies, one truth :)

No hard feelings, I just didn't like the game tonight. So frustrating watching the slow-style of basketball - too boring. I was excited for the game all day and I turned the game off early not because i didn't care or was disgusted with how bad we were playing or getting beat, but i just could not justify spending time being bored. Losing sucked too, but I'm secretly dreading I'll see more slowball as the year progresses.

***King of Diplomacy***

Starter
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyguytillidie View Post
    meltdown?!

I don't think anyone is really having a melt down. People are saying that we played as bad as we possibly could have tonight but I wouldn't call that a meltdown.

A meltdown we be like... "FIRE HOIBERG NOW!!! AARG!!!" or "WE'RE WORSE THAN IOWA!!!"
    Actually some of the knee-jerk reaction posts right after the game were close to that. In fairness though, quite a few people on here also tried to warn others about being over confident since we hadn't played a true road game and we just don't have that much talent on the floor, but there are some who just won't see the "big picture".

Clone4ever

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 539

Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post

Didn't you used to be a moderator here? What happened to that anyway?

Yep, I'll admit I was cheering for UNI tonight, doesn't necessarily mean I'm a Panther fan "first and foremost". I was cheering for UNI tonight because at this point in the season 6-1 for ISU is great IMO considering we have been picked last by everyone and anyone. 2-3 for UNI is not great and would have been a big cause for concern. Guess what? Last season I was cheering for ISU to beat UNI in this game and I was as disappointed as anyone in how we lost that game.

You are a UNI fan first and foremost (you admitted on Panthernation.com, I saw it!).

Damn, now that I look at this again I'm a little worred I might have a stalker on my hands.
    Your credibility just took a huge hit Pantherboy.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,900
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Your credibility just took a huge hit Pantherboy.

And my feelings and sense of self-worth just took a huge hit, coming from a rational, reasoned poster like you.