Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 22

ESPN on Paradise Jame

Women's Basketball Blog - ESPN

Of course, TN gets over half the article....but, a mention of ISU.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Re: ESPN on Paradise Jame

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Women's Basketball Blog - ESPN

Of course, TN gets over half the article....but, a mention of ISU.

So utterly bizarre that Missouri beat #12 Georgetown the day before Georgetown beat #4 Tennessee and the day after Tenn beat Missouri by 40. Early season hoops. It's a fluke for Missouri, I don't think they're going to surprise anyone in Pingeton's first season, but also great for Missouri's RPI, which can only help the Cyclones when we beat them both times during conference play by 20+.

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

it is bizarre.

as a TN fan though, I have to be honest here, something is a miss in Knoxville. Simmons appears to be a good point guard, but they had 29 TOs against Georgetown, and Simmons, the freshman, took more shots than any other player - more than Bjorkland, more than Kain, more than Strickland. Johnson and Strickland have been somewhat of a let down since their arrival. Tons of upside, but TN is really lacking a strong leader in my opinion. Strickland, Johnson, and even Bjorkland have a tendency to be dominant in one game, and then invisible in the next. Time will tell I guess.

Don't know if I would consider Mizzou and easy win. There was some talent on that team, but the previous coach didn't not have the support of the administration that Pingeton does. I look for Mizzou to have some upsets this year.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    it is bizarre.

as a TN fan though, I have to be honest here, something is a miss in Knoxville. Simmons appears to be a good point guard, but they had 29 TOs against Georgetown, and Simmons, the freshman, took more shots than any other player - more than Bjorkland, more than Kain, more than Strickland. Johnson and Strickland have been somewhat of a let down since their arrival. Tons of upside, but TN is really lacking a strong leader in my opinion. Strickland, Johnson, and even Bjorkland have a tendency to be dominant in one game, and then invisible in the next. Time will tell I guess.

Don't know if I would consider Mizzou and easy win. There was some talent on that team, but the previous coach didn't not have the support of the administration that Pingeton does. I look for Mizzou to have some upsets this year.

I remembered from past posts twistedredbird you're also a big Pat Summit/Tenn fan. I am too -- I should clarify, I would much rather see Tenn back to winning a bunch of titles than UConn or Stanford, who both give me hives. I don't want Stanford to be the school that gets credit for breaking UConn's winning streak. Anyway, back to Tenn, I agree there is something not right, but I think it boils down to them just not having a main superstar like they've had in the past (Candace Parker). The last two seasons for Tenn have been in the "mere mortal" category.

I've never seen a Pingeton coached team play ever, and I wonder if they have a similar style to Coach Fen and if she'll be trying to recruit similar players to us....

Anyway, can't wait for the next few games!

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by NYCy View Post
    I remembered from past posts twistedredbird you're also a big Pat Summit/Tenn fan. I am too -- I should clarify, I would much rather see Tenn back to winning a bunch of titles than UConn or Stanford, who both give me hives. I don't want Stanford to be the school that gets credit for breaking UConn's winning streak. Anyway, back to Tenn, I agree there is something not right, but I think it boils down to them just not having a main superstar like they've had in the past (Candace Parker). The last two seasons for Tenn have been in the "mere mortal" category.

I've never seen a Pingeton coached team play ever, and I wonder if they have a similar style to Coach Fen and if she'll be trying to recruit similar players to us....

Anyway, can't wait for the next few games!
    Yes, my following of women's basketball began with the Lady Vols.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They are lacking a take charge, I want the ball in my hands player. As I was hinting at above, they have 4 experienced All-Americans on the court, and the freshman PG took more shots than any of them. Baugh might be the emotional key to this team. When she went down with the first knee injury in the final four, her yelling "finish this y'all" as she was being carried off the court spoke volumes. I would rather see her starting than Johnson, but she is working herself back into it.