Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Ticket sales got updated. Jump of 84 from last week. However, for the past couple of weeks, they've updated twice on Wednesday, so there's a possibility of another jump later today.

If we sell out Cy's Pack we hit 34,000. JP wanted to hit that mark by August 1st. I think it'll happen.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 396

Re: 33,889

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Ticket sales got updated. Jump of 84 from last week. However, for the past couple of weeks, they've updated twice on Wednesday, so there's a possibility of another jump later today.

If we sell out Cy's Pack we hit 34,000. JP wanted to hit that mark by August 1st. I think it'll happen.
    If the students sell out there allotment, which I really hope they do, then I think we are staring 35,500 right in the face. Maybe with 1 last push we can get to 36,000...that would be amazing.

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 75

the students better pick up the pace...they arent even over 4,000 yet. that 33,889 is actually closer to 31,000, at least until the students buy 7,000.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 599
    Given: 369

Quote Originally Posted by dinger7203 View Post
    the students better pick up the pace...they arent even over 4,000 yet. that 33,889 is actually closer to 31,000, at least until the students buy 7,000.
    I'm not concerned at the pace with student ticket sales. I'm sure many wait to buy them until the last minute.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

From a few of my buddies from high school, that attend various colleges in Iowa, apparently we have the student body that either is most apathetic, or procrastinates the most to get their tickets. Most other schools have already sold a majority of their student allotments while we're sitting at around 50%...

"Seven minutes to glory."

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 49

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I'm not concerned at the pace with student ticket sales. I'm sure many wait to buy them until the last minute.
    Why wouldn't you wait till the last minute? It is not like they won't open more tickets if it sells out. And then you don't have to pay for them till later.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 390

I know a lot of students that wait until school starts, or a week before, to buy their tickets. Right now, a lot of them are pretty busy with summer work and such and don't have enough money.
    Also, a lot of incoming frosh will probably wait until they either go through orientation and get their student ID number or wait until they move in and do it when they have nothing to do.

Rookie
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I have been out of school a while but I don't remember getting any marketing info on season tickets until I was back in Ames.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    From a few of my buddies from high school, that attend various colleges in Iowa, apparently we have the student body that either is most apathetic, or procrastinates the most to get their tickets. Most other schools have already sold a majority of their student allotments while we're sitting at around 50%...
    Do said colleges have assigned seating based on date of ticket purchase?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jtaconutz View Post
    I have been out of school a while but I don't remember getting any marketing info on season tickets until I was back in Ames.
    True.
    I have received emails from JP during the summer to get season tickets. But, that may be because I was a returning student who had purchased season tickets the prior season. As for incoming freshman, I'm not sure if they received those emails or not. If they didn't, they probably wouldn't be exposed to any marketing for season tickets, until they get to Ames.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm not worried about the student section selling out. I just can't believe it's possible that there aren't 7,800 students who want to see the Iowa game.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Do said colleges have assigned seating based on date of ticket purchase?
    No they do not.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Right now, a lot of them are pretty busy with summer work and such and don't have enough money.
    Also, a lot of incoming frosh will probably wait until they either go through orientation and get their student ID number or wait until they move in and do it when they have nothing to do.
    Well, ISU has orientation in June, and all the incoming frosh that I personnally know bought there tickets then. That first part caught my eye though. If students don't have that spare $125 by July, what convinces you they'll have it in August? Especially since you can charge your U-Bill and not pay until September.

I have received emails from JP during the summer to get season tickets. But, that may be because I was a returning student who had purchased season tickets the prior season. As for incoming freshman, I'm not sure if they received those emails or not. If they didn't, they probably wouldn't be exposed to any marketing for season tickets, until they get to Ames
    They AD has been reminding returning students about getting their season tickets since April, and there's a season ticket "stand" in Beardshear every summer for incoming freshman to learn about, and buy, season tickets while they're there getting their ISU card and whatever else it is that's set up there for orientation.

Rookie
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Cyclone62, I share in your frustration, but I think that when school starts, it will jump. It is sad though that too many students would rather drink all day instead of going to the game. Now don't get me wrong, I am usually one of the more intoxicated students in JTS, but it is my personal belief that as a student you should have to have a ticket to the game in order to tailgate. Too many are out there in their cardinal and gold shirts, tailgating in their 1982 cardinal and gold van, but they don't go to the game. It really grinds my gears.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    Well, ISU has orientation in June, and all the incoming frosh that I personnally know bought there tickets then. That first part caught my eye though. If students don't have that spare $125 by July, what convinces you they'll have it in August? Especially since you can charge your U-Bill and not pay until September.

They AD has been reminding returning students about getting their season tickets since April, and there's a season ticket "stand" in Beardshear every summer for incoming freshman to learn about, and buy, season tickets while they're there getting their ISU card and whatever else it is that's set up there for orientation.
    Good points. but as for the money thing, i can't answer that, unless maybe some students buy their books first and see how much money they have left over??? or maybe they are just plain lazy and don't think about this type of stuff until they get back into ames. Not all of my friends are hardcore fans and think about this stuff a lot during the summer, its more of an impulse buy when they get to campus.

And, I wasn't aware of the tickets stand in Beardshear, i haven't been in there for a few years, let alone during the summer.