Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 350,914, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,874
    Points
    350,914
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 2

    Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Just saw this:

    Welcome to Facebook

    That is pretty awesome. He was also recently named the #1 PG in NYC I believe.

    Can't wait to see him in the Cardinal and Gold.


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 35,673, Level: 58
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 977
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    istater7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,974
    Points
    35,673
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 106

    Sledge named Preseason McDonalds All-American Nominee

    according to ISU Mens Basketball's facebook page
    Welcome to Facebook



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 68,009, Level: 80
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,303
    Points
    68,009
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 7

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    So if he makes it, will we see a serious rankings increase? Like 4 stars or something.


    R.I.P "Gibbons" 4/3/2012
    R.I.P RollsRoyce 4/12/2012

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 408,250, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,131
    Points
    408,250
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 622

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    So if he makes it, will we see a serious rankings increase? Like 4 stars or something.
    That would be expected. McDonalds would like that.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 283,682, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,800
    Points
    283,682
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 47

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Hopefully he's good enough to be our starting PG next year.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 20,640, Level: 43
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    greatshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    1,799
    Points
    20,640
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 17

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    If he becomes a player like Isiah Thomas from Washington, that would be sweet.



  7. #7
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    In no way trying to be negative but there are literally hundreds of kids that are candidates every year. I had two on my team in high school



  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,781, Level: 34
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    228
    Points
    12,781
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Yeah, and there are 100's that become McDonald's All Americans as well... only a select few of those play in the actual game. Im from a town of 1800, and a kid on my high school team was a "McDonald All American" and went to Buena Vista University and never played...



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 13,938, Level: 35
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    573
    Points
    13,938
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    In no way trying to be negative but there are literally hundreds of kids that are candidates every year. I had two on my team in high school
    30 in Iowa alone last year



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 51,071, Level: 69
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,071
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    It always amazes me that people on here can turn a positive into a negative in a matter of minutes.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 262,033, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,215
    Points
    262,033
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 761

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    In no way trying to be negative but there are literally hundreds of kids that are candidates every year. I had two on my team in high school
    This.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 350,914, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,874
    Points
    350,914
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 2

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    In no way trying to be negative but there are literally hundreds of kids that are candidates every year. I had two on my team in high school
    I did not know that. I wonder how many of our other recruits are candidates?


    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 262,033, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,215
    Points
    262,033
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 761

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    It always amazes me that people on here can turn a positive into a negative in a matter of minutes.
    Facts are facts. The truth is this is not a big deal at all.



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,840, Level: 22
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Wallacelantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    252
    Points
    5,840
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    2010 nominees from state of Iowa

    Joe Ament Beckman High School Dyersville IA
    Will Artino Waukee High School Waukee IA
    Harrison Barnes Ames High School Ames IA
    Tayler Bontrager Iowa City West High School Iowa City IA
    Nate Buss Charles City High School Charles City IA
    Chanse Creekmur Marshalltown High School Marshalltown IA
    Joe Daniel Assumption High School Davenport IA
    Jordan Dykstra Rock Valley High School Rock Valley IA
    Tyler Ellerman Dallas Center-Grimes High School Grimes IA
    Isaac Gardner Washington High School Washington IA
    Blake Haluska Carroll High School Carroll IA
    Marcus Heemstra Rock Valley High School Rock Valley IA
    Trevor Hook Grundy Center High School Grundy Center IA
    James Humpal Columbus Catholic High School Waterloo IA
    Kody Ingle South East Polk High School Pleasant Hill IA
    Dau Jok Roosevelt High School Des Moines IA
    Michael Kaufmann Harlan Community High School Harlan IA
    Quincy King Des Moines Hoover High School Des Moines IA
    Connor Lange Lenox High School Lenox IA
    Zach McCabe Bishop Heelan High School Sioux City IA
    Doug McDermott Ames High School Ames IA
    Tyler Putz Forest City High School Forest City IA
    Creon Reed Des Moines North High School Des Moines IA
    Will Roth Linn-Mar High School Marion IA
    Nick Smith Johnston High School Johnston IA
    Jared Stogdill Norwalk High School Norwalk IA
    Branden Stubbs Des Moines Christian High School Urbandale IA
    Josh VanderMaten Boyden-Hull High School Hull IA
    Nick Wilson Iowa City West High School Iowa City IA

    Trayvonn Wright Waterloo West High School Waterloo IA




  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 408,250, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,131
    Points
    408,250
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 622

    Re: Sledge named McDonald's All-American candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallacelantz View Post
    2010 nominees from state of Iowa

    Joe Ament Beckman High School Dyersville IA
    Will Artino Waukee High School Waukee IA
    Harrison Barnes Ames High School Ames IA
    Tayler Bontrager Iowa City West High School Iowa City IA
    Nate Buss Charles City High School Charles City IA
    Chanse Creekmur Marshalltown High School Marshalltown IA
    Joe Daniel Assumption High School Davenport IA
    Jordan Dykstra Rock Valley High School Rock Valley IA
    Tyler Ellerman Dallas Center-Grimes High School Grimes IA
    Isaac Gardner Washington High School Washington IA
    Blake Haluska Carroll High School Carroll IA
    Marcus Heemstra Rock Valley High School Rock Valley IA
    Trevor Hook Grundy Center High School Grundy Center IA
    James Humpal Columbus Catholic High School Waterloo IA
    Kody Ingle South East Polk High School Pleasant Hill IA
    Dau Jok Roosevelt High School Des Moines IA
    Michael Kaufmann Harlan Community High School Harlan IA
    Quincy King Des Moines Hoover High School Des Moines IA
    Connor Lange Lenox High School Lenox IA
    Zach McCabe Bishop Heelan High School Sioux City IA
    Doug McDermott Ames High School Ames IA
    Tyler Putz Forest City High School Forest City IA
    Creon Reed Des Moines North High School Des Moines IA
    Will Roth Linn-Mar High School Marion IA
    Nick Smith Johnston High School Johnston IA
    Jared Stogdill Norwalk High School Norwalk IA
    Branden Stubbs Des Moines Christian High School Urbandale IA
    Josh VanderMaten Boyden-Hull High School Hull IA
    Nick Wilson Iowa City West High School Iowa City IA

    Trayvonn Wright Waterloo West High School Waterloo IA

    Looks like we whiffed on many McDonald All American candidates.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM