Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 29,020, Level: 52
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,542
    Points
    29,020
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 10

    Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Nice to hear that we are looking into playing in a Holiday tournament next year. Really hope we can get into one that's on TV. I was trying to recall what tournament we played in when we had Tinsley/Fizer and narrowly got beat by the #1 ranked Cincy team with Kenyon Martin on it?? Anyways, interesting to hear Hoiberg say that Sledge is ranked the #1 ranked point guard out of NYC!



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,286, Level: 68
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Prone2Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,517
    Points
    49,286
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 147

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Sledge is ranked the #1 ranked point guard out of NYC!



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 261,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,868
    Points
    261,192
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    What else did they talk about? Sad I missed it tonight.




  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 29,020, Level: 52
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,542
    Points
    29,020
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 10

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    They talked about how well the scout team is playing and helping the current team. CFH commented on how well they executed a set play for Alabama State and did it better than they would in the game. It was a funny moment of the show. Alittle talk about Johnny Orr coming back for the Kansas game this year to welcome the opening of his addition to Hilton and how each coach was prepped before the game about no- TV replays during the game. Probably forgot a few but that was about it.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 223,127, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,019
    Points
    223,127
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 831
    Given: 387

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    They talked about how well the scout team is playing and helping the current team. CFH commented on how well they executed a set play for Alabama State and did it better than they would in the game. It was a funny moment of the show. Alittle talk about Johnny Orr coming back for the Kansas game this year to welcome the opening of his addition to Hilton and how each coach was prepped before the game about no- TV replays during the game. Probably forgot a few but that was about it.
    Thank.
    Wouldn't it be awesome for Johnny to witness the official return of Hilton Magic for the Kansas game?!


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    On the first half of the show BF said he needs to make sure they play the right fight song at the Paradise Jam this week, because when Iowa took the floor for one of their games they played the ISU fight song.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 63,074, Level: 77
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,969
    Points
    63,074
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 67

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Nice to hear that we are looking into playing in a Holiday tournament next year. Really hope we can get into one that's on TV. I was trying to recall what tournament we played in when we had Tinsley/Fizer and narrowly got beat by the #1 ranked Cincy team with Kenyon Martin on it?? Anyways, interesting to hear Hoiberg say that Sledge is ranked the #1 ranked point guard out of NYC!
    I'm very excited for Sledge...I think his talents will be maximized in our system, just the type of guy we need. The one thing that confuses me is his espn rating has him as an 88....which is at the top end of what they describe as a "mid-major prospect". How could the best rated pg out of NYC be a mid-major prospect? Probably his height, but still, makes no sense.

    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...6/tavon-sledge



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 283,597, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,782
    Points
    283,597
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 47

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Nice to hear that we are looking into playing in a Holiday tournament next year. Really hope we can get into one that's on TV. I was trying to recall what tournament we played in when we had Tinsley/Fizer and narrowly got beat by the #1 ranked Cincy team with Kenyon Martin on it?? Anyways, interesting to hear Hoiberg say that Sledge is ranked the #1 ranked point guard out of NYC!
    I would love to play in the CBE tournament next year. It's on ESPN2 right now. It's held in KC, just think of all the ISU fans that would be there. With our potential team next year, I think we would be attractive to a tournament.


    Last edited by gocubs2118; 11-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 180,708, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,956
    Points
    180,708
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 887

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Anyways, interesting to hear Hoiberg say that Sledge is ranked the #1 ranked point guard out of NYC!
    You do realize that is probably because Cyclone Fanatics voted him there? Someone could pull out the thread....

    Tavon was in second place when the poll was posted...




    Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

    Who knew?


  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 29,020, Level: 52
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,542
    Points
    29,020
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 10

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Couple other things I didn't mention earlier, for those that didn't hear the show.....He talked about wanting Scott and Diante to have the ball in their hands when they were fouling. He thought Scott rushed his free-throws, but still has a lot of confidence him shooting them. Fred talked about when he was in that critical part of a game as a player and mentioned the Oklahoma State game his sophomore year. You might recall that was the game when ISU came back from 18 at half and Hilton's floor was shaking late in the game as Oklahoma State was shooting free-throws. Crazy game and my favorite of all-time! And lastly talked about his relationship with Larry Brown. Said they still talk and he has a lot of respect for him as a coach and really appreciated the extra time Larry put in for him when he was a player in the NBA.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 63,074, Level: 77
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,969
    Points
    63,074
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 67

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    You do realize that is probably because Cyclone Fanatics voted him there? Someone could pull out the thread....

    Tavon was in second place when the poll was posted...
    Don't I feel like a fool for telling others he's the #1 ranked pg out of nyc. I thought this rating was based on factual information!



  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 9,153, Level: 28
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    201
    Points
    9,153
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Couple other things I didn't mention earlier, for those that didn't hear the show.....He talked about wanting Scott and Diante to have the ball in their hands when they were fouling. He thought Scott rushed his free-throws, but still has a lot of confidence him shooting them. Fred talked about when he was in that critical part of a game as a player and mentioned the Oklahoma State game his sophomore year. You might recall that was the game when ISU came back from 18 at half and Hilton's floor was shaking late in the game as Oklahoma State was shooting free-throws. Crazy game and my favorite of all-time! And lastly talked about his relationship with Larry Brown. Said they still talk and he has a lot of respect for him as a coach and really appreciated the extra time Larry put in for him when he was a player in the NBA.
    That Okie State game was amazing... also one of my favorites of all-time. That game epitomized Hilton Magic. I still have that game on a VHS tape somewhere. Might have to break it out and relive the old days for a night.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 73,739, Level: 84
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ItsCyence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    3,357
    Points
    73,739
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 76

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by WaverlyCy View Post
    That Okie State game was amazing... also one of my favorites of all-time. That game epitomized Hilton Magic. I still have that game on a VHS tape somewhere. Might have to break it out and relive the old days for a night.
    Thursday night entertainment.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 260,994, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,191
    Points
    260,994
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 751

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by WaverlyCy View Post
    That Okie State game was amazing... also one of my favorites of all-time. That game epitomized Hilton Magic. I still have that game on a VHS tape somewhere. Might have to break it out and relive the old days for a night.
    I will PAY for a copy. My fondest Hilton memory.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 27,370, Level: 50
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Points
    27,370
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Coach Hoiberg: Call-In Show Comments

    I was there and in the nose bleeds, practically touching the ceiling. I will always remember that game as the moment I knew that fans could impact a game, and Hilton really was a special place.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM