Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 36,024, Level: 58
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,355
    Points
    36,024
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 46

    Interesting post on the CU board

    If already posted, please erase. This isn't the way to make friends or gain respect. Matt won't last long writing things like this...
    TheBluejayCafe.com - Message Boards


    Matt Perrault

    ADMIN
    Post #4188
    Thebluejaycafe.com
    MyFanPage
    Add Buddy
    Re: Buzzer beater never should have happenedReplyI love this .... so you just ignore the intentional foul??? You guys are classic. It's one game .... go back to the board that is run by the laziest worker at Rivals. And I say what??? Get a life. It was a great game ... 1 game. In the non-conference. Between two teams trying to find themselves. You got a gift .. as a Cyclone fan - you've been on the other end of this quite a bit ... remember that.


    Last edited by 2forISU; 11-22-2010 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 483,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,457
    Points
    483,189
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 618

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    I love how MattyP is so dense that he can't figure out that Creighton got a gift in the fact that they were even allowed to tie it up (the BS foul call after the free throw)


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 277,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,941
    Points
    277,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,021
    Given: 206

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    I'm dying to hear why that was a bad intentional foul call? Jones was not even close to going for the ball. He grabbed DG's jersey in an attempt to stop him from running. It was a "foul" that was, by definition, "intentional".



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,397, Level: 61
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 953
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,107
    Points
    39,397
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    was this the article he wrote saying Young was the best player on the floor yesterday, is he high?



  5. #5
    Recruit
    Points: 12,460, Level: 33
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    124
    Points
    12,460
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    We got the ball back after the intentional foul. But SC subsequently missed the next two foul shots. So we didn't really gain anything from the intentional foul call anyway.

    But who cares. The game could have gone either way, obviously. Fortunately, it went our way. Which is all that really matters.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 23,857, Level: 47
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,135
    Points
    23,857
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    That intentional foul could be printed off and used in the rule book for what an intentional foul is as described by the rules. But since we don't see them called enough in those situations it must have been a bad call.

    But no I understand, it is comparable to a foul call where there was zero contact between the players.


    When all is said and done, more is said than done

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 154,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,515
    Points
    154,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    Quote Originally Posted by 2forISU View Post
    If already posted, please erase. This isn't the way to make friends or gain respect. Matt won't last long writing things like this...
    TheBluejayCafe.com - Message Boards


    Matt Perrault

    ADMIN
    Post #4188
    Thebluejaycafe.com
    MyFanPage
    Add Buddy
    Re: Buzzer beater never should have happenedReplyI love this .... so you just ignore the intentional foul??? You guys are classic. It's one game .... go back to the board that is run by the laziest worker at Rivals. And I say what??? Get a life. It was a great game ... 1 game. In the non-conference. Between two teams trying to find themselves. You got a gift .. as a Cyclone fan - you've been on the other end of this quite a bit ... remember that.
    What is up with this?


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 19,368, Level: 42
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    bufante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    DMI
    Posts
    975
    Points
    19,368
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 7

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    The intentional foul was one of the few correct calls in the last seconds of the game. Had the Creighton player not grabbed the jersey, there would have been 3-5 seconds run off the clock...

    Matt P is blinded by the blue.


    I love me some Jethros BBQ!
    Twitter: bufantes

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 218,862, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,371
    Points
    218,862
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 350

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    Matt Perault will be fired within a year. He has to much of a hot headed attitude and he is not good enough to have that attitude. At least Marty was good radio even if you did not like what he said. Perault just plain is not that good and he has a huge ego to go with it. He called out either Paul Clark or Chris Williams as the lasiest guy at KXNO. You can't talk about co workers like that. Even if they are part time or have small roles in the company. You just can't.
    I would expect him to at least get suspended for writing something like this.
    Hey Perault. Call Marty and ask him if it's o.k. to say and act stupid and get away with it.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 483,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,457
    Points
    483,189
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 618

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    Quote Originally Posted by bufante View Post
    The intentional foul was one of the few correct calls in the last seconds of the game. Had the Creighton player not grabbed the jersey, there would have been 3-5 seconds run off the clock...

    Matt P is blinded by the blue.
    Well, we all knew that's how it was going to go down - if Creighton had won, it would have been due to their excellence-******** and would have proven once and for all what a mistake it was for ISU to have dumped McDermott. But since, ISU won, ISU was lucky to survive Creighton, thanks to a "gift" at the end by the refs (of course he doesn't mention the "gifts" Creighton got all game by the refs).


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 277,557, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,941
    Points
    277,557
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,021
    Given: 206

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    What is up with this?
    Hes talking about Paul Clark...



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 869,864, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,453
    Points
    869,864
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,124
    Given: 1,782

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Well, we all knew that's how it was going to go down - if Creighton had won, it would have been due to their excellence-******** and would have proven once and for all what a mistake it was for ISU to have dumped McDermott. But since, ISU won, ISU was lucky to survive Creighton, thanks to a "gift" at the end by the refs (of course he doesn't mention the "gifts" Creighton got all game by the refs).
    The only gift Creighton gave us was hiring away our coach. That was a gift.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 154,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,515
    Points
    154,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Hes talking about Paul Clark...
    So he's calling out another Rivals guy? That is a serious lack of professionalism. Wow.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 315,047, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,779
    Points
    315,047
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 52

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    MattyP is a real *********.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 60,233, Level: 76
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,417
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,230
    Points
    60,233
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

    Re: Interesting post on the CU board

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Matt Perault will be fired within a year. He has to much of a hot headed attitude and he is not good enough to have that attitude. At least Marty was good radio even if you did not like what he said. Perault just plain is not that good and he has a huge ego to go with it. He called out either Paul Clark or Chris Williams as the lasiest guy at KXNO. You can't talk about co workers like that. Even if they are part time or have small roles in the company. You just can't.
    I would expect him to at least get suspended for writing something like this.
    Hey Perault. Call Marty and ask him if it's o.k. to say and act stupid and get away with it.
    He has called out Paul Clark (multiple times) and Brent Blum once also.

    Agree, he is terrible on the radio and probably will not be here much loger.

    I also want to punch him in the face.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM