Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 28,417, Level: 51
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,532
    Points
    28,417
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Radio call of "The Shot"?

    I haven't heard John's call of "The Shot". How did it sound over the radio and any clue to where we can hear it again at?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 151,312, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,078
    Points
    151,312
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 3

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Wait, were you at the game? If you missed both the game and the radio call, then obviously you are not a true fan.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 265,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    13,959
    Points
    265,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 504
    Given: 120

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_p67O85DIc]YouTube - Jamie Vanderbeken's Bomb Buries Creighton[/ame]



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 216,538, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,183
    Points
    216,538
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 216

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    It was not over the top. It was kind of blah for that big of a shot. Good overall call though.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  5. #5
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 282,437, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,278
    Points
    282,437
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 383

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    I about drove off of HWY 20. Completely didn't expect it and then to hear John yelling.... Whew.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 88,494, Level: 92
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    5,186
    Points
    88,494
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 607

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    I was at work and had it on in the back. Awesome! I'm glad there wasn't replay, esp from this video. Great game.


    Are you a member?

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 28,417, Level: 51
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,532
    Points
    28,417
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Thanks



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 140,597, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,581
    Points
    140,597
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 165

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    Wait, were you at the game? If you missed both the game and the radio call, then obviously you are not a true fan.
    dumb post.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 216,538, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,183
    Points
    216,538
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 216

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Wait, were you at the game? If you missed both the game and the radio call, then obviously you are not a true fan.
    Yeah that is a horrible post unless you are just joking with a friend. You can't stop life just because the Cyclones are playing. Sometimes you just have to miss games if you have kids and other things that are more important. Sure when your 14-25 years old there is not that much more important than an Iowa State game. However when you get older sometimes there are much more important things.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 170,062, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,979
    Points
    170,062
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 13

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    It was not over the top. It was kind of blah for that big of a shot. Good overall call though.
    I thought his excitement level was appropriate. My excitement was tempered for at least 60 seconds following the shot because I was sure it was going to be reviewed. Breathed a huge sigh of relief when JW said that there would be no reviews because of lack of TV.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 88,494, Level: 92
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    5,186
    Points
    88,494
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 607

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Yeah that is a horrible post unless you are just joking with a friend. You can't stop life just because the Cyclones are playing. Sometimes you just have to miss games if you have kids and other things that are more important. Sure when your 14-25 years old there is not that much more important than an Iowa State game. However when you get older sometimes there are much more important things.

    How dare you say something like this. We all know that if there is an ISU game, the kids get locked in a closet, you should already have the day off from work, family? What family?::


    Are you a member?

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 151,312, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,078
    Points
    151,312
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 3

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    dumb post.
    Taking a cue from GeronimusClone, I don't feel the need to use a sarcasm pirate every time I post something tongue-in-cheek.

    But just so we are clear......



    .......



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 140,597, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,581
    Points
    140,597
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 165

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    Taking a cue from GeronimusClone, I don't feel the need to use a sarcasm pirate every time I post something tongue-in-cheek.

    But just so we are clear......



    .......
    roger.


    As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 265,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    13,959
    Points
    265,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 504
    Given: 120

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?


  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 14,508, Level: 36
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyingreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Jasper County
    Posts
    474
    Points
    14,508
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Radio call of "The Shot"?

    I think John was as stunned as those at the game when JVB's shot went in. So perhaps he wasn't quite as emphatic as he could have been. But he was pretty excited, despite the surprise. What I'm still trying to work out, given that everyone says the shot shouldn't have counted, is that I recall hearing the horn go off just AFTER John yelled that the shot was good. Hmmm, of course my hearing isn't the best......


    I bleed Cardinal & Gold

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM