Received: 0
    Given: 0

Beebe Furious At Officiating

BIG 12 COMMISSIONER FURIOUS OVER OFFICIATING
    Coordinator of Officials, Walt Anderson apparent target

By Beevo Whorn, Director of Big 12 Media Relations

(Austin, TX) Dan Beebe is furious.

Really furious!

And the Big 12 Commissioner is apparently taking out his wrath on the conference’s Coordinator of Officials, Walt Anderson.

Following a hastily called meeting at Big 12 Conference heaadquarters on the University of Texas campus earlier today, Beebe called Anderson out publically over a bevy of questionable calls during Saturday night’s nationally televised conference showdown between 18th ranked Texas A & M and 9th rated Nebraska.

“When I sat down with Associate Commissioner DeLoss Dodds and Anderson prior to the start of the season, I made it abundantly clear how this was supposed to play out,” said Beebe.

In an obvious response to Nebraska’s impending departure to the Big 10 Conference, Beebe said, “Walt fully understood we were not going to allow Nebraska to ride off into the sunset with the Big 12 championship trophy in their saddle. But I also made it clear that whatever we did, it was to be done discretely and not in a way that could cast the conference in a negative light.”

What has Beebe so upset were a series of major penalties called against Nebraska, especially those during two Aggie scoring drives during the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s contest in College Station in full view of a national television audience.

“The call against that Osborne kid just didn’t have a good feel to it,” commented Beebe. “As much as I’ve wanted to suspend that hooligan over the past couple of weeks, I’d be the first to admit, that was a doggonne great play.”

The call, a roughing the passer penalty, against Nebraska defensive back Courtney Osborne negated a drive-ending sack and extended a Texas A & M scoring drive that resulted in the game winning field goal by Randy Bullock with just over 3 minutes remaining.

“The problem I have with that play is there are so many other, more discrete ways to affect the outcome of a game without doing it so blatantly in front of a national television audience late in a ball game,” he said. “These guys simply need to use their heads.”

Beebee also criticized conference officials for waving off a flag following a pass interference call on a Texas A & M defensive back who clearly grabbed a Nebraska player’s jersey on a critical Husker possession late in the game.

“I applaud the television announcers for trying to cover for us on that one,” he said, “but why create suspicion by making a stupid decision like that.”

A third call that brought out the commissioner’s ire was the double-penalty on Nebraska tight end Ben Cotton midway into the second quarter.

“That was clearly pathetic,” said the Commissioner. “A national television audience watches that A & M kid grab the Nebraska player’s private parts and then go after his back-side and the official throws a flag on the Nebraska kid when it looked to me like he was simply trying to get himself free. Then as if that wasn’t enough, the poor kid, who I understand is the son of one of the Nebraska coaches, tries to defend his manhood to the official and gets flagged a second time.”

“As I’ve said before, these things simply need to be more discrete.”

Today’s reprimand is not the first time Beebee has called Williams on the carpet this season. Williams was reprimanded a few weeks ago following Nebraska’s narrow 31-30 overtime win at Iowa State. At that time, Beebee criticized conference officials failure to throw flags that could have, in his words, “discretely affected the outcome of the game.”

“The officiating crew had been told that the best opportunities were in games where Nebraska was being challenged,” noted Beebee. “They clearly squandered a number of golden opportunities to keep Nebraska out of the championship game in a contest that certainly held less national interest than other games Nebraska will play in.”

Added the Commissioner, “A few strategically thrown flags at a few points in that ball game could have placed the conference in a much more favorable position down the stretch.”

According to Beebe, conference officials have one final opportunity to get things right and keep Nebraska from a shot at earning a trip to the Big 12 championship game in Dallas in early December.

And it is obvious, he doesn’t want to see his officials allow another opportunity to slip away!

“We’ve got a short week to get our officiating crew ready for the task at hand this Friday when Nebraska plays Colorado in Lincoln,” he said. “I certainly don’t have a whole lot of love for those Rocky Mountain high hippies from Boulder, but sometimes you have to pick your poison.”

Last edited by Wingback; 11-22-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 13

Re: Beebe Furious At Officiating

Nebraska lost, get over it. Nebraska fan attitudes are going to make me root for Iowa each year and I am disgusted by that.

Prospect
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback View Post
    BIG 12 COMMISSIONER FURIOUS OVER OFFICIATING
    Coordinator of Officials, Walt Anderson apparent target

By Beevo Whorn, Director of Big 12 Media Relations

(Austin, TX) Dan Beebe is furious.

Really furious!

And the Big 12 Commissioner is apparently taking out his wrath on the conference’s Coordinator of Officials, Walt Anderson.

Following a hastily called meeting at Big 12 Conference heaadquarters on the University of Texas campus earlier today, Beebe called Anderson out publically over a bevy of questionable calls during Saturday night’s nationally televised conference showdown between 18th ranked Texas A & M and 9th rated Nebraska.

“When I sat down with Associate Commissioner DeLoss Dodds and Anderson prior to the start of the season, I made it abundantly clear how this was supposed to play out,” said Beebe.

In an obvious response to Nebraska’s impending departure to the Big 10 Conference, Beebe said, “Walt fully understood we were not going to allow Nebraska to ride off into the sunset with the Big 12 championship trophy in their saddle. But I also made it clear that whatever we did, it was to be done discretely and not in a way that could cast the conference in a negative light.”

What has Beebe so upset were a series of major penalties called against Nebraska, especially those during two Aggie scoring drives during the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s contest in College Station in full view of a national television audience.

“The call against that Osborne kid just didn’t have a good feel to it,” commented Beebe. “As much as I’ve wanted to suspend that hooligan over the past couple of weeks, I’d be the first to admit, that was a doggonne great play.”

The call, a roughing the passer penalty, against Nebraska defensive back Courtney Osborne negated a drive-ending sack and extended a Texas A & M scoring drive that resulted in the game winning field goal by Randy Bullock with just over 3 minutes remaining.

“The problem I have with that play is there are so many other, more discrete ways to affect the outcome of a game without doing it so blatantly in front of a national television audience late in a ball game,” he said. “These guys simply need to use their heads.”

Beebee also criticized conference officials for waving off a flag following a pass interference call on a Texas A & M defensive back who clearly grabbed a Nebraska player’s jersey on a critical Husker possession late in the game.

“I applaud the television announcers for trying to cover for us on that one,” he said, “but why create suspicion by making a stupid decision like that.”

A third call that brought out the commissioner’s ire was the double-penalty on Nebraska tight end Ben Cotton midway into the second quarter.

“That was clearly pathetic,” said the Commissioner. “A national television audience watches that A & M kid grab the Nebraska player’s private parts and then go after his back-side and the official throws a flag on the Nebraska kid when it looked to me like he was simply trying to get himself free. Then as if that wasn’t enough, the poor kid, who I understand is the son of one of the Nebraska coaches, tries to defend his manhood to the official and gets flagged a second time.”

“As I’ve said before, these things simply need to be more discrete.”

Today’s reprimand is not the first time Beebee has called Williams on the carpet this season. Williams was reprimanded a few weeks ago following Nebraska’s narrow 31-30 overtime win at Iowa State. At that time, Beebee criticized conference officials failure to throw flags that could have, in his words, “discretely affected the outcome of the game.”

“The officiating crew had been told that the best opportunities were in games where Nebraska was being challenged,” noted Beebee. “They clearly squandered a number of golden opportunities to keep Nebraska out of the championship game in a contest that certainly held less national interest than other games Nebraska will play in.”

Added the Commissioner, “A few strategically thrown flags at a few points in that ball game could have placed the conference in a much more favorable position down the stretch.”

According to Beebe, conference officials have one final opportunity to get things right and keep Nebraska from a shot at earning a trip to the Big 12 championship game in Dallas in early December.

And it is obvious, he doesn’t want to see his officials allow another opportunity to slip away!

“We’ve got a short week to get our officiating crew ready for the task at hand this Friday when Nebraska plays Colorado in Lincoln,” he said. “I certainly don’t have a whole lot of love for those Rocky Mountain high hippies from Boulder, but sometimes you have to pick your poison.”

Prospect
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I have to admit you had me for a minute. That's a funny parody! Well done Wingback!

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 68

Once again Nebby couldn't beat a team from the south. Get over it. I know it's meant to be a joke but NU fans just keep getting more and more pathetic as this year goes on. But as we all know NU has never lost a game in the history of football, it was always the refs fault or they lost it themselves.

Now grab your ball and pout all the way over to the big ten. Sorry the teams from the south keep picking on you.

Legend
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 111

Next up: The Dan Beebe conspiracy to get Taylor Martinez to quit the team.

Oh wait...no conspiracy needed...NU's coach will handle that one by himself...

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

LOL. The Osbourne hit was a crappy call ut the rest ofthe game was okay. The non pass interference was a good call. He didn't grab until he hit the ball. It is ggod to see nebbis fans have taken on the personality of their coach.

"Not at the table Carlos."

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

Do you need a tissue?

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,334
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Not sure why u guys ragin on Wingback....as much as i hate Pellllliiiinnnniiii.....everything that Beebe is ****** about we would have 50 threads about if it were happening to ISU...

Watching that game, my buddy and i just looked at each other like 5 times and said WTF?

I think its odd that Beebe would say it that article in essence "I dont care if Nebraska does not get a fair shake in the games, their leaving and good riddance, but, the way he said it "it was to be done discretely and not in a way that could cast the conference in a negative light." SNEAKY SNAKE IN THE GRASS....we know his allegiance is to Texas and those schools....

This to me is a bigger issue....who's to say the next meeting with the big 12 officials isnt about ensuring that Texas or A&M wins 10 games a season....regardless of which other big 12 teams they have to cheat out of a game....

To publicly state the things that are said in that press release is 100% pathetic.....it clearly states that he told the director of officials to do everything in their power to keep nebraska from winning the big 12 championship.....is it ironic that if Nebraska won that game that they would have clinched the big 12 north.....

Its not a conspiracy theory people....this was a press release from the big 12 commissioner stating that the officials should cheat the huskers out of a game.....pathetic.

Now aside from that, pelini's still an arrogant ***...but, he don't need any help from the officials, he will make an *** out of himself without their help...>SEE T. MARTINEZ video...

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 12

That was a funny read... you had me going!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Not sure why u guys ragin on Wingback....as much as i hate Pellllliiiinnnniiii.....everything that Beebe is ****** about we would have 50 threads about if it were happening to ISU...

Watching that game, my buddy and i just looked at each other like 5 times and said WTF?

I think its odd that Beebe would say it that article in essence "I dont care if Nebraska does not get a fair shake in the games, their leaving and good riddance, but, the way he said it "it was to be done discretely and not in a way that could cast the conference in a negative light." SNEAKY SNAKE IN THE GRASS....we know his allegiance is to Texas and those schools....

This to me is a bigger issue....who's to say the next meeting with the big 12 officials isnt about ensuring that Texas or A&M wins 10 games a season....regardless of which other big 12 teams they have to cheat out of a game....

To publicly state the things that are said in that press release is 100% pathetic.....it clearly states that he told the director of officials to do everything in their power to keep nebraska from winning the big 12 championship.....is it ironic that if Nebraska won that game that they would have clinched the big 12 north.....

Its not a conspiracy theory people....this was a press release from the big 12 commissioner stating that the officials should cheat the huskers out of a game.....pathetic.

Now aside from that, pelini's still an arrogant ***...but, he don't need any help from the officials, he will make an *** out of himself without their help...>SEE T. MARTINEZ video...
    You do know the "public release" is fake right?

"Not at the table Carlos."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,221
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 137

Nebraska is calling foul on officiating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pot
    "Wow kettle, you're black"

John Walters is my hero

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 118

When I sat down with Associate Commissioner DeLoss Dodds

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    You do know the "public release" is fake right?
    sssh, I was about to post some onion news.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Isn't cutting and pasting copyrighted material illegal and paramount to stealing. Just saying

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth