Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Charge

  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 791,890, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    54,281
    Points
    791,890
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,734
    Given: 2,567

    The Charge

    Ok, so I've seen video of "the Shot" all over the place. Anyone have video of the charging........errrr.......blocking foul that gave Creighton a chance at the end? It looked like a cut and dry charging call, both in person and on the video board.

    Not to mention the foul seconds later on the wild, out of control, going away from the basket, last shot by Creighton (the type of foul that is almost never called).



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 92,096, Level: 94
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,225
    Points
    92,096
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 377

    Re: The Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Ok, so I've seen video of "the Shot" all over the place. Anyone have video of the charging........errrr.......blocking foul that gave Creighton a chance at the end? It looked like a cut and dry charging call, both in person and on the video board.

    Not to mention the foul seconds later on the wild, out of control, going away from the basket, last shot by Creighton (the type of foul that is almost never called).
    Here is a pic

    Creighton Bluejays vs. Iowa State Cyclones - Photos - November 21, 2010 - ESPN


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 791,890, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    54,281
    Points
    791,890
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,734
    Given: 2,567

    Re: The Charge

    That pretty much looks like as bad of a call as I remembered. I thought there was a chance that the Creighton player had jumped to the side (Ejim didn't move after the guy was inside 4 feet of him), but it looks like a pretty square charging foul. If that play was called correctly, the final shot doesn't matter.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 62,347, Level: 77
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,783
    Points
    62,347
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 111

    Re: The Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Ok, so I've seen video of "the Shot" all over the place. Anyone have video of the charging........errrr.......blocking foul that gave Creighton a chance at the end? It looked like a cut and dry charging call, both in person and on the video board.

    Not to mention the foul seconds later on the wild, out of control, going away from the basket, last shot by Creighton (the type of foul that is almost never called).
    The "blocking" foul was a terrible call as we saw on the video board. The foul on the sot with 1.6 was def a foul though. But, that should never have happened because we should have had the ball with 3 seconds left and a 3 point lead.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 63,353, Level: 78
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,497
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,676
    Points
    63,353
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 6

    Re: The Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    The "blocking" foul was a terrible call as we saw on the video board. The foul on the sot with 1.6 was def a foul though. But, that should never have happened because we should have had the ball with 3 seconds left and a 3 point lead.
    Godfrey made such a great play on that one. He knew exactly where Young was going and got over into position way early. I was stunned when they called it a block.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,179, Level: 72
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,568
    Points
    55,179
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 156

    Re: The Charge

    Anybody have a pic of that desperation shot at the end of the game that sent Creighton to the line again? It happened in front of me and it looked like there was very little if any contact by us on the Creighton player, who was falling away and throwing it up in desperation. Rarely is there a foul called on a shot like that at the end of a game.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 176,894, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    12,319
    Points
    176,894
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 739
    Given: 3,164

    Re: The Charge

    This is not the charge. This is the shot that sent them to the line with 1.6 seconds left.


    Kansas wears Adidas.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 176,894, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    12,319
    Points
    176,894
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 739
    Given: 3,164

    Re: The Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    Anybody have a pic of that desperation shot at the end of the game that sent Creighton to the line again? It happened in front of me and it looked like there was very little if any contact by us on the Creighton player, who was falling away and throwing it up in desperation. Rarely is there a foul called on a shot like that at the end of a game.


    Kansas wears Adidas.

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,179, Level: 72
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,568
    Points
    55,179
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 156

    Re: The Charge

    Thanks- Looks like no contact in that photo unless it's Creighton's knee in Ejim's chest. It looks like Ejim is not leaning forward into the Creighton player but being knocked backward with arms straight up. Can't believe the ref called a foul in that situation at the end of the game. I'm sure Fred instructed the players not to foul, and Creighton ended up getting 4 free throws in the last 5 seconds so I don't want to hear any Creighton fans whining about JVB's 3.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM