Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    What road trips are people planning this year?

    Unfortunately my National Boards are the same weekend as the ISU-Iowa game so I will not be able to attend. But I got tickets down to the Texas game which should be a blast. Anyone else planning on going down there or to any other away games?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by brentderocher View Post
    Unfortunately my National Boards are the same weekend as the ISU-Iowa game so I will not be able to attend. But I got tickets down to the Texas game which should be a blast. Anyone else planning on going down there or to any other away games?
    Going to the Kansas State game then catching the Chiefs/Seahawks game the next day in KC. Would love to go to the Iowa/ISU game but I got drug into going to a wedding that day. Of all the worst places to be that day it's in Lincoln, NE for 2 Nebraska fans!



  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 10,193, Level: 30
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    PlymouthCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hinton
    Posts
    527
    Points
    10,193
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    They better be good friends or unwanted realatives to go to Nebraska the day of the ISU/IA game :)


    "If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 20,199, Level: 43
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonekj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,170
    Points
    20,199
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Road trips

    Quote Originally Posted by brentderocher View Post
    Unfortunately my National Boards are the same weekend as the ISU-Iowa game so I will not be able to attend. But I got tickets down to the Texas game which should be a blast. Anyone else planning on going down there or to any other away games?
    The only road game I have scheduled so far is in Iowa City. I'd be interested in others if someone is trying to organize a trip. (Hint, hint...)


    Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 267,173, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,208
    Points
    267,173
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 148
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonekj View Post
    The only road game I have scheduled so far is in Iowa City. I'd be interested in others if someone is trying to organize a trip. (Hint, hint...)
    That really is something that should be proposed to Pollard, getting some bus trips put together to road games.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 28,796, Level: 52
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,349
    Points
    28,796
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Going to the Kansas State game then catching the Chiefs/Seahawks game the next day in KC. Would love to go to the Iowa/ISU game but I got drug into going to a wedding that day. Of all the worst places to be that day it's in Lincoln, NE for 2 Nebraska fans!
    Who plans a wedding on the same day as ISU/EIU?



  7. #7
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 285,182, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,646
    Points
    285,182
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 656
    Quote Originally Posted by zdorr40 View Post
    Who plans a wedding on the same day as ISU/EIU?
    made me laugh. The year I was married, we made sure that both ISU and the UofI had away games. In fact the year was 1998, only 5 weeks after ISU beat the UofI for the first time in 15 years. so you could say, that getting married was a good thing for ISU football.

    That is how you start off a marrage, make sure she understands where College FB stands in a relationship.

    Oh, and who does the laundry.

    -keep.


    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 28,796, Level: 52
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,349
    Points
    28,796
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    made me laugh. The year I was married, we made sure that both ISU and the UofI had away games. In fact the year was 1998, only 5 weeks after ISU beat the UofI for the first time in 15 years. so you could say, that getting married was a good thing for ISU football.

    That is how you start off a marrage, make sure she understands where College FB stands in a relationship.

    Oh, and who does the laundry.

    -keep.
    Funny, I planned my wedding around the Raiders bye week.:p



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 13,644, Level: 35
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,011
    Points
    13,644
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Actually, every home game will be a road trip for me. In addition to those, we'll be going to Austin and Boulder.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 20,199, Level: 43
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonekj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,170
    Points
    20,199
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zdorr40 View Post
    Funny, I planned my wedding around the Raiders bye week.:p
    You could have waited until the playoffs.

    Just kidding. That joke's actually funnier when applied to my Chiefs, unfortunately. Maybe this year... At least the Chiefs/Raiders games are always great, no matter their records.


    Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 28,796, Level: 52
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    zdorr40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,349
    Points
    28,796
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonekj View Post
    You could have waited until the playoffs.

    Just kidding. That joke's actually funnier when applied to my Chiefs, unfortunately. Maybe this year... At least the Chiefs/Raiders games are always great, no matter their records.
    Laughing, yet crying inside. I got married the year after they went to the Super Bowl. It was when Callahan was working his magic. If that bastard ruins the Raiders, then makes the Bugeaters great, he will be considered my new arch-nemisis. I've got a sneaking suspicion that Callahan will ruin NU yet.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 20,199, Level: 43
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonekj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,170
    Points
    20,199
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by zdorr40 View Post
    Laughing, yet crying inside. I got married the year after they went to the Super Bowl. It was when Callahan was working his magic. If that bastard ruins the Raiders, then makes the Bugeaters great, he will be considered my new arch-nemisis. I've got a sneaking suspicion that Callahan will ruin NU yet.
    I hear you. But I prefer my arch-nemisis to be an evil genius, not just evil.

    /Makes throat slashing gesture

    Remember, the N stands for Nowledge.


    Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 19,993, Level: 43
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    flander1649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,582
    Points
    19,993
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8
    I'll be hitting up the games in IC, Manhatten and Bolder this year.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 335,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,735
    Points
    335,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162
    Headed to Colorado this fall...should be a dandy!

    And...of course...Kansas City for the Big 12 title game. :)



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 267,173, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,208
    Points
    267,173
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 148
    Either San Antonio, San Diego, or Pheonix for an end of the year celebration!!!!!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM