Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 38,963, Level: 60
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,477
    Points
    38,963
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Gameday Atmosphere

    Don't want to beat a dead horse and I haven't had time to sift through different posts but the atmosphere inside the stadium reminded me of 1995/1996. I never would have thought we were playing for a bowl birth. Sure, it was cold but ISU fans have showed up in worse weather to watch teams that weren't as good. I tried selling 6 lower level tickets at 4:45 for $20/each. By 5:15, I decided to sell for $10 and at 5:30, I said screw it and tried giving them away. No takers! When I finally got to my seats in Section 10, I was completely surrounded by Mizzou fans. This was the first game I've gone to sober in quite awhile but what did everyone else think??? Please tell me the "cold weather" wasn't the reason why people stayed away



  2. #2
    Walk On
    Points: 7,225, Level: 25
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    169
    Points
    7,225
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    I assume Colorado taking the air out of the tires last week did not help a thing! Just sayin........



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 450,799, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,581
    Points
    450,799
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 27

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    Cold weather, vacation, and everyone knowing what was coming did in the crowd.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 269,339, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,452
    Points
    269,339
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 19

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    Crowd was better than I expected.

    That said, I ate an extra ticket as well.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 32,153, Level: 55
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    fatkid1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,166
    Points
    32,153
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    I had a Whitetails Unlimited banquet last night or I would have been there. By the number or people checking scores on phone last night, I assume I wasn't the only one. Find it funny when I go to events like that, the Clone fans always seem to outnumber the Hawk Fans. Those fund raising banquets are about the only place though.


    That rug really tied the room together, did it not dude?

    Follow me unplugged on twitter @fatkid1974

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 78,442, Level: 87
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,708
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,407
    Points
    78,442
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 18

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    The attendance and atmosphere was **** poor, I am ashamed of our fanbase. (again)
    I really think our fanbase is the only that looks for an excuse not to go to a game. It was the last freaking game!



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 48,572, Level: 68
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,178
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,619
    Points
    48,572
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 1

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    The attendance and atmosphere was **** poor, I am ashamed of our fanbase. (again)
    I really think our fanbase is the only that looks for an excuse not to go to a game. It was the last freaking game!
    But we're the first to pat ourselves in the back about how great of fans we are.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 106,675, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyhawkdmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    5,021
    Points
    106,675
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 58

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    I was sitting on the west side and it looked like the east side was pretty full... Minus the **** poor showing from the students... Lower level studend section was alittle over 3/4 full and the the upper level student section was empty... The rest of the upper level was pretty full.. it supprised me... I dont know how the West side of the stadium looked but i thought that the atmosphere was ok to good... It was better then i was expecting.......



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 484,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,022
    Points
    484,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    Quote Originally Posted by fatkid1974 View Post
    I had a Whitetails Unlimited banquet last night or I would have been there. By the number or people checking scores on phone last night, I assume I wasn't the only one. Find it funny when I go to events like that, the Clone fans always seem to outnumber the Hawk Fans. Those fund raising banquets are about the only place though.
    Because the Hawk fans are actually at their team's game.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 124,288, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,556
    Points
    124,288
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 41

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    **** the students, its freaking Senior day. Otherwise aside from the endzone I wont complain.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 484,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,022
    Points
    484,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhawkdmb View Post
    I was sitting on the west side and it looked like the east side was pretty full... Minus the **** poor showing from the students... Lower level studend section was alittle over 3/4 full and the the upper level student section was empty... The rest of the upper level was pretty full.. it supprised me... I dont know how the West side of the stadium looked but i thought that the atmosphere was ok to good... It was better then i was expecting.......
    Attendance was a little better than I expected. The worst of the year (not by much), but it wasn't half empty either.

    The atmosphere still wasn't that great.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 124,288, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,556
    Points
    124,288
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 41

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    Quote Originally Posted by arganbright2 View Post
    Don't want to beat a dead horse and I haven't had time to sift through different posts but the atmosphere inside the stadium reminded me of 1995/1996. I never would have thought we were playing for a bowl birth. Sure, it was cold but ISU fans have showed up in worse weather to watch teams that weren't as good. I tried selling 6 lower level tickets at 4:45 for $20/each. By 5:15, I decided to sell for $10 and at 5:30, I said screw it and tried giving them away. No takers! When I finally got to my seats in Section 10, I was completely surrounded by Mizzou fans. This was the first game I've gone to sober in quite awhile but what did everyone else think??? Please tell me the "cold weather" wasn't the reason why people stayed away
    About 10 guys were selling seats for a dollar in the parking lots. I yelled "Dont be a ***** and man up and get your *** to the game and support the Seniors"



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 124,288, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,556
    Points
    124,288
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 41

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    Quote Originally Posted by arganbright2 View Post
    Don't want to beat a dead horse and I haven't had time to sift through different posts but the atmosphere inside the stadium reminded me of 1995/1996. I never would have thought we were playing for a bowl birth. Sure, it was cold but ISU fans have showed up in worse weather to watch teams that weren't as good. I tried selling 6 lower level tickets at 4:45 for $20/each. By 5:15, I decided to sell for $10 and at 5:30, I said screw it and tried giving them away. No takers! When I finally got to my seats in Section 10, I was completely surrounded by Mizzou fans. This was the first game I've gone to sober in quite awhile but what did everyone else think??? Please tell me the "cold weather" wasn't the reason why people stayed away
    Were you on the north side of the Jake?



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 66,148, Level: 79
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,749
    Points
    66,148
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    The crowd was about what I expected. There was just ZERO electricity in the crowd. It probably had to do with the fact that the offense never really threatened at all.

    We need to improve the team's entrance. It does not get the crowd fired up at all.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 23,219, Level: 46
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,197
    Points
    23,219
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Gameday Atmosphere

    By the sounds of a thread in the In-State Rivals section, some ISU fans chose to go to the Iowa game instead of our own. That's disappointing. Especially on Senior Night, with a bowl on the line.

    I wasn't impressed with the crowd last night at all, and hope enough excitement can be built over the offseason to help next season's ticket sales. I suppose playing Iowa at home will help. But I worry.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM