Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

What Ive seen in 35 yrs of ISU football

CPR and staff have done as good or better than anybody ive ever seen trying to rebuild a program. Fry at ia began in a big ten that outside of O ST. and Mich was seriously pathetic, Fry got 10-15 wins in a row over 3 or 4 of them. Our staff doesnt have that luxery in the current big 12. Yet he didnt have a winning season until i believe his third yr. There are many examples like this out there just reminding you of one.
    What we need more than anything is consistancy, not changing coaches or co-ordinators or throw out the playbook. some of you have said this others dont get it. Everytime you change coaches or coordinators or the "system" you go back to square one and it does not matter who you bring in....its back to square one.
    Remember the yr prior coach Rhoads we won 2 games. For those of you who remember Dmac's 1st games they were painful to watch. Allthe previous staffs that i remember werent much better. I see positive similarities between Rhoads and other programs that were successful building programs.
    What i would like to see is realistic expectations from the fans, can we hope and dream, of course. but when we dont meet those "dream" expectations dont get on here with your "fire this guy, bench that guy" crap when you dont even know what your talking about!
    I happen to think ( in case you couldnt tell by now) we have a great coach, staff and system. I could go on but im a slow typer.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,130
    Given: 1,022

Re: What Ive seen in 35 yrs of ISU football

I can't imagine that anyone (that is sane) is calling for his head. He's brought great passion to Iowa State, and I have no doubt that his teams will compete for bowl games every year, and may challenge for a title now and then.

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by osclone View Post
    CPR and staff have done as good or better than anybody ive ever seen trying to rebuild a program. Fry at ia began in a big ten that outside of O ST. and Mich was seriously pathetic, Fry got 10-15 wins in a row over 3 or 4 of them. Our staff doesnt have that luxery in the current big 12. Yet he didnt have a winning season until i believe his third yr. There are many examples like this out there just reminding you of one.
    What we need more than anything is consistancy, not changing coaches or co-ordinators or throw out the playbook. some of you have said this others dont get it. Everytime you change coaches or coordinators or the "system" you go back to square one and it does not matter who you bring in....its back to square one.
    Remember the yr prior coach Rhoads we won 2 games. For those of you who remember Dmac's 1st games they were painful to watch. Allthe previous staffs that i remember werent much better. I see positive similarities between Rhoads and other programs that were successful building programs.
    What i would like to see is realistic expectations from the fans, can we hope and dream, of course. but when we dont meet those "dream" expectations dont get on here with your "fire this guy, bench that guy" crap when you dont even know what your talking about!
    I happen to think ( in case you couldnt tell by now) we have a great coach, staff and system. I could go on but im a slow typer.
    +1.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not dude?

Follow me unplugged on twitter @fatkid1974

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 644

All football coaches DESERVE and should get at least 5 years to turn a program around.

If anyone remotely connected with Iowa State Football thinks that you can do better than Rhoads right now.....It Ain't Happening Folks!!!!!

The reasons: Small Budget....No Recruiting Base....Second Rate Facilities that need upgrading across the board....

I could go on but I will spare you.

Our history tells us that we can be good for a few years and then slip back to utter mediocrity....I call it the Earle Bruce To Donnie Duncan Syndrome.

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 89

"CALL ME CRAZY" thought of the day: I'm somewhat relieved we didn't the win because less attention will be directed at our coach, thus reducing the threat he leaves! Now this is the ONLY time I will say that, from here on out he needs to win every game to advance the program whether it means he'll leave or not. But we've bought a little more time for the goodness that is Paul Rhoads.

If he's here for ten years, this program will be fundamentally changed. Maybe that's why he's been openly critical this year of fans attendance, facilities. It's easier to criticize the ones you love and CPR loves ISU.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

Quote Originally Posted by isugcs View Post
    "CALL ME CRAZY" thought of the day: I'm somewhat relieved we didn't the win because less attention will be directed at our coach, thus reducing the threat he leaves! Now this is the ONLY time I will say that, from here on out he needs to win every game to advance the program whether it means he'll leave or not. But we've bought a little more time for the goodness that is Paul Rhoads.

If he's here for ten years, this program will be fundamentally changed. Maybe that's why he's been openly critical this year of fans attendance, facilities. It's easier to criticize the ones you love and CPR loves ISU.
    Really? Critical? How critical would he have been if ISU didn't lay an egg at the KSU game . . . Colorado . . . and showed up to play Iowa???

No room for complaining . . . just keep winning and everything will take care of itself.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    All football coaches DESERVE and should get at least 5 years to turn a program around.

If anyone remotely connected with Iowa State Football thinks that you can do better than Rhoads right now.....It Ain't Happening Folks!!!!!

The reasons: Small Budget....No Recruiting Base....Second Rate Facilities that need upgrading across the board....

I could go on but I will spare you.

Our history tells us that we can be good for a few years and then slip back to utter mediocrity....I call it the Earle Bruce To Donnie Duncan Syndrome.

Where is my "Dump Donnie" bumper sticker?

Go Clones!!
    Gig 'em Aggies!!
    Saw 'em off!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by fatkid1974 View Post
    +1.
    You are not slow.... you are methodical! IB

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 878

Quote Originally Posted by isugcs View Post
    "CALL ME CRAZY" thought of the day: I'm somewhat relieved we didn't the win because less attention will be directed at our coach, thus reducing the threat he leaves!
    you do realize that Chizik was hired away after a TWO win season, don't you?

Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

Who knew?

Starter
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 8

I agree with the OP. People here saying get rid of TH are ******* pathetic. If you don't understand the meaning of rebuilding then don't come on here botching about getting rid of coaches after two years of work. All of the complainers must want to go two steps back again so they can keep complaining about the offense. I guess they have nothing better to do but complain about everything. Goog god get come down to reality.