Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 31

Cyclone Radio Network 2010

Just listened to the final sign off of the Cyclone Radio Network for this year. I've mentioned before my appreciation for the quality of the radio coverage we have for Cyclone athletics and this year was no different. I hope Learfield sees we have a rockstar line up and makes sure all the hosts stay in their places for next year.

Great job Chris and Jack this year on Cyclone Reaction show!!

"I think that people are responding to someone standing up and saying this is what we want to do and let's not be afraid to go for it,'' Pollard said. "I think Iowa State has a very conservative, modest background. We never pound our chest and say `Let's do it.' It's OK to set a goal. You can't do it if you don't say what you want to do. You should be proud of it.''

Jamie Pollard, 6/2/2006

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,618
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 19

Re: Cyclone Radio Network 2010

Listening to other radio broadcasts, Eric and John do a great job. You can tell they love ISU but they are fair with the other team. To be real honest, the only way you can love Iowa's broadcast team is if you are a Hawk fan. I 'hate' K-State much more then the Hawks but I have to say the K-State broadcasters are VERY good. They are very similar to Eric and John. I have heard them a few times and I am very impressed.

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 993
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I hate podalack and the rest of the iowa broadcast (listened to them today a little) and it all probably stems from zabel being a 'legend' over there. I hate that guy.

"I think that people are responding to someone standing up and saying this is what we want to do and let's not be afraid to go for it,'' Pollard said. "I think Iowa State has a very conservative, modest background. We never pound our chest and say `Let's do it.' It's OK to set a goal. You can't do it if you don't say what you want to do. You should be proud of it.''

Jamie Pollard, 6/2/2006

Addict
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

Iowa State's been blessed with great radio personalities/coverage. Great season guys! Go make bball season just as special!

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

Is Learfield considering a change for next season? Reaction show is great, at least the times I get to hear it. Game coverage is great, too. Not a bad guy in the bunch. Our guys could teach the Iowa and Nebraska broadcast teams a few things.

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 97

Quote Originally Posted by isugcs View Post
    I hate podalack and the rest of the iowa broadcast (listened to them today a little) and it all probably stems from zabel being a 'legend' over there. I hate that guy.

Hawk fans NEED a sunshine pumper in the broadcast booth to tell them every player up and down the line is a Heisman candidate, and that the refs are stealing ballgames. It fits their personality.

Gary Dolphin is from my home town, but my goodness, that stuff only flies in Iowa City. Anyone else would be embarrassed.

John Walters has come a long way since his first season. We are blessed to have him calling games for us with Eric.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 71

Come on guys... no one is worse then the Husker Radio broadcasts... I was switching back and forth between Chris and Husker Postgame and those guys were almost crying over their game last night... Using terms like "that game was a travesty(sp)." and "how could they do this to those boys"... Look It appears that everyone thinks nebraska got jobbed in that game.. BUT Nebraska isnt the first team to get screwed by the refs and they wont be the last.....

Rookie
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Just listened to the final sign off of the Cyclone Radio Network for this year. I've mentioned before my appreciation for the quality of the radio coverage we have for Cyclone athletics and this year was no different. I hope Learfield sees we have a rockstar line up and makes sure all the hosts stay in their places for next year.

the problem is you can't get them outside of central Iowa. People really have to work to be a Cyclone fan.

Addict
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    the problem is you can't get them outside of central Iowa. People really have to work to be a Cyclone fan.
    I cant speak for you but i got them all the way from ames to Omaha last night... Got the "Bus" till around atlantic then switched to KMA 960 for the final 60 or so miles...

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Clone Zone: ~$4.99 per month, reception everywhere.

But I totally agree, why the heck is iowa on 1040 WHO with range over the whole state and we're relegated to always poor signal 1460AM. My personal hope is some super rich Cyclone fan buys WHO and scrubs all reminents of suckeye puke from that station and proudly blasts Cyclone athletics like a blow torch over this region. Better yet! The change happens unannounced, in the middle of football season. The exposure alone would spawn our very own generation of tavern fans, could you imagine?

Jamie Pollard, 6/2/2006

Rookie
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Clone Zone: ~$4.99 per month, reception everywhere.

But I totally agree, why the heck is iowa on 1040 WHO with range over the whole state and we're relegated to always poor signal 1460AM. My personal hope is some super rich Cyclone fan buys WHO and scrubs all reminents of suckeye puke from that station and proudly blasts Cyclone athletics like a blow torch over this region. Better yet! The change happens unannounced, in the middle of football season. The exposure alone would spawn our very own generation of tavern fans, could you imagine?
    I have clonezone also, can't always be near a computer however. NE Iowa is a dead zone at night for cyclone radio, no coaches show, regular radio. I have sirius, conezone, etc. , but as I say you have to work to be a cyclone fan, much easy to be a hawk fan by default. radio station in NE Iowa at New Hampton switched to hawkeye games this year from ISU. Unfortunately cyclones.com still lists it as part of Cyclone Network.

Publisher
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 620
    Given: 172

Thanks a lot for the kind words. It was a fun season. It was an honor for me to be on the network with guys like John, Eric, Ben, Brent and Jack. I really appreciate the opportunity. Let's just hope they don't go Dan Hawkins on me during the offseason!

All-Star
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 0

I agree. I lived in California years ago and it is hard to be a fan when you can't get anything related to your team. I wish CycloneFanatic was around back then. I have emailed JP and Leerfield about providing a way for the radio shows to be heard over cell phones for people that are out of state or at away games. They are working on an app now but from what they've told me it won't offer streaming audio.

PLEASE provide streaming audio! The shows are great and I don't like to miss them.

Hugs4ISU

The Cyclone Radio Network needs just 3 of 4 more stations strategically located. One near the Minnesota border, for example. When I was living in Minnesota near Mancato, I should have been able to get the games easily (I wasn't all that far from Iowa), but the closest station was in Fort Dodge. Another station in or near Council Bluffs would also be nice.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Me State View Post
    I agree. I lived in California years ago and it is hard to be a fan when you can't get anything related to your team. I wish CycloneFanatic was around back then. I have emailed JP and Leerfield about providing a way for the radio shows to be heard over cell phones for people that are out of state or at away games. They are working on an app now but from what they've told me it won't offer streaming audio.

PLEASE provide streaming audio! The shows are great and I don't like to miss them.
    I have an Android phone, which has web access. I have been able to stream WHO radio while driving down the road. I would think if you have Clone Zone, I suppose you could stream that over a cell phone.

Jamie Pollard, 6/2/2006