Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 53,466, Level: 71
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twistedredbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,326
    Points
    53,466
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 22

    2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    National High School Rankings:

    2010 Powerade Preseason Fab 50 rankings - ESPN

    I think it says a lot that we are getting recruits from top national programs.

    #3 Westbury - Ellis

    #35 Duncanville - Mays

    Others of note:

    #2 Brea Olinda - Harris 2010

    #47 Linn Mar, Iowa

    # 49 Racine Case, Iowa recruit Sam Logic



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    That Linn-Mar ranking is too high. Stokes is great, but they lost their entire starting backcourt to graduation. Des Moines East is probably the best team in the state right now.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 17,736, Level: 40
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,834
    Points
    17,736
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 7

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    That Linn-Mar ranking is too high. Stokes is great, but they lost their entire starting backcourt to graduation. Des Moines East is probably the best team in the state right now.
    4 D1 recruits in the starting line-up.



  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 3,534, Level: 17
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    90
    Points
    3,534
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Good for Coach Fennelly!

    Oh hey, Case is actually good at something! (They are usually comically bad at most sports)
    # 49 Racine Case



  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 11,913, Level: 32
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    206
    Points
    11,913
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    if you saw the hoopgurlz recruiting results for 11 it was no surprise to see OU up there again but seeing KU in the top 25 makes you take note what Bonnie can do.
    Times are only getting tougher


    Making a difference everyday!

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKoolaid View Post
    Good for Coach Fennelly!

    Oh hey, Case is actually good at something! (They are usually comically bad at most sports)
    # 49 Racine Case
    I lived in Racine for a couple years (around 03-05) and drove by Case HS every day on the way to work. I didn't follow any of the prep sports in the area, though.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 10,912, Level: 31
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    804
    Points
    10,912
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    National High School Rankings:

    2010 Powerade Preseason Fab 50 rankings - ESPN

    I think it says a lot that we are getting recruits from top national programs.

    #3 Westbury - Ellis

    #35 Duncanville - Mays

    Others of note:

    #2 Brea Olinda - Harris 2010

    #47 Linn Mar, Iowa

    # 49 Racine Case, Iowa recruit Sam Logic
    Moody is also from Duncanville. Question: these rankings seem to include all sorts of schools, including private and/or parochial institutions. Don't some ranking agencies separate schools into various categories, or am I wrong here?



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Moody is also from Duncanville.
    Did she transfer? I thought she went to Trinity (Euless, TX).



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 10,912, Level: 31
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    804
    Points
    10,912
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    Did she transfer? I thought she went to Trinity (Euless, TX).
    Well, when I looked her up, I got somewhat confused. One article said that both she and Mays were from Duncanville, but maybe they go to a differently named high school within the city of Duncanville. I don't really know.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Well, when I looked her up, I got somewhat confused. One article said that both she and Mays were from Duncanville, but maybe they go to a differently named high school within the city of Duncanville. I don't really know.
    I know they play on the same AAU team, so I thought maybe you were thinking about that.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 10,912, Level: 31
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    804
    Points
    10,912
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Duncanville has also turned out a couple of other well known players over the years. One, Greg Ostertag, was the KU center in the early 90s and went on to play for the Jazz for a number of years. I think Tamika (sp?) Catchings also came from there.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 10,912, Level: 31
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    804
    Points
    10,912
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    I know they play on the same AAU team, so I thought maybe you were thinking about that.
    Yes, maybe that was the connection.



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 3,534, Level: 17
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    90
    Points
    3,534
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    I lived in Racine for a couple years (around 03-05) and drove by Case HS every day on the way to work. I didn't follow any of the prep sports in the area, though.

    If you happened to get a burger from the Culvers by Regency Mall anytime around the tail end of your stay in Racine it was probably made by highschool-me.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKoolaid View Post
    If you happened to get a burger from the Culvers by Regency Mall anytime around the tail end of your stay in Racine it was probably made by highschool-me.
    The one in the K-Mart parking lot? I ate there a few times...



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 16,241, Level: 38
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    545
    Points
    16,241
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 5

    Re: 2011 Recruits HS Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    The one in the K-Mart parking lot? I ate there a few times...
    ...he stammers while retching into a garbage bin...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM