Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

We need to erupt for Austen and the Seniors......

On Senior Day we need to REALLY support this class. They've been through so much. The departure of the coach they signed to play for(McCarney), survived the Chizik era with class, and have played their hearts out for CPR. Give these guys credit, they're a special group, and they deserve it.

I would like to see everyone stand up and really support Austen in particular. He didn't deserve to have his career end like it did and when he walks/limps out we should all go crazy. Let him know how much we appreciate his effort for the Cyclones.

This would set the tone for a big victory on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 294

Re: We need to erupt for Austen and the Seniors......

ALL IN FOR ARNAUD! ALL IN FOR CLONES!

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by sdcyfan View Post
    On Senior Day we need to REALLY support this class. They've been through so much. The departure of the coach they signed to play for(McCarney), survived the Chizik era with class, and have played their hearts out for CPR. Give these guys credit, they're a special group, and they deserve it.

I would like to see everyone stand up and really support Austen in particular. He didn't deserve to have his career end like it did and when he walks/limps out we should all go crazy. Let him know how much we appreciate his effort for the Cyclones.

Says 32,567.

Starter
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

All in and I agree they do deserve the best from us ! Looking for cheap very large red shirts to make them all Read #4 So the 6 boys can wear them over their coats saturday since their jerseys will be under the coats !!Thinking I can use the glow in dark duct tape to make them?

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,330
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Completely agree. For guys like AA, A-Rob, Bailey Johnson and Lamaak, they've been in the program under three different coaches (last class to have any connection to Mac) and been a part of only the third bowl win in school history. They've gone from losing to UNI and Kent St. and Toledo to beating Nebraska and Texas.

These seniors got better every year (even AA) and their resiliency deserves to be rewarded. I hope our fan base shows up to let them know how much we appreciate them. There may be ten excuses for why you can't go, but I know there are plenty for why you can. They'll be wearing jersey # 4, #63, #33, #1, #83, #88, #85, etc...

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Rookie
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I'd still really like to see the whole stadium erupt in a loud 4-minute (for #4) chant of "Austen, Austen, Austen..." during the pregame maybe right during the coin toss if Austen does go out for it.

I'm also still hoping that Austen gets to go out for the final play to take a knee in victory formation!

Obviously we need to honor all of our fine seniors and we will, but especially Arnaud who is the epitomy of a senior Cyclone!

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bgprest View Post
    I'd still really like to see the whole stadium erupt in a loud 4-minute (for #4) chant of "Austen, Austen, Austen..." during the pregame maybe right during the coin toss if Austen does go out for it.

I'm also still hoping that Austen gets to go out for the final play to take a knee in victory formation!

Obviously we need to honor all of our fine seniors and we will, but especially Arnaud who is the epitomy of a senior Cyclone!
    I'll get the stopwatch.

And I think having Arnaud "take a knee" is a little ironic.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 12

I dont know Austen personally, however I would venture to guess that he would be "unhappy" if we chanted his name above any of the other seniors. He would say that every one of them gave the same effort as he did to be the best player that they could be for ISU and that they should all get just as much cheering as he should.

I know that this is one game that I will be in my seat well before kickoff to may sure that I can pay my respect to these young men who have given so much to ISU.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Addict
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 68

Quote Originally Posted by CykoAGR View Post
    I dont know Austen personally, however I would venture to guess that he would be "unhappy" if we chanted his name above any of the other seniors. He would say that every one of them gave the same effort as he did to be the best player that they could be for ISU and that they should all get just as much cheering as he should.

I know that this is one game that I will be in my seat well before kickoff to may sure that I can pay my respect to these young men who have given so much to ISU.
    Austen is a GREAT Cyclone... but This whole senior class was Huge... Arob, running the ball, Jake Williams make Many many GREAT catches.... could go on and on with everyone... I agree... please do not chant AA name... unless your going to do it for everyone.... he will undoubtedly recieve the biggest ovation, but I will be there cheering for EVERYONE... GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyAddict View Post
    And I think having Arnaud "take a knee" is a little ironic.

...and a great bit of irony it would be... that's what I REALLY like about the idea!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 294

Choose your eruption:
    The type of volcanic eruption Is often labeled with the name of a well-known volcano where characteristic behavior is similar--hence the use of such terms as "Strombolian," "Vulcanian," "Vesuvian," "Pelean," "Hawaiian," and others. Some volcanoes may exhibit only one characteristic type of eruption during an interval of activity--others may display an entire sequence of types.

The most powerful eruptions are called "plinian" and involve the explosive ejection of relatively viscous lava. Large plinian eruptions--such as during 18 May 1980 at Mount St. Helens -can send ash and volcanic gas tens of miles into the air. The resulting ash fallout can affect large areas hundreds of miles downwind. Fast-moving deadly pyroclastic flows ("nuées ardentes") are also commonly associated with plinian eruptions.

" Preatic" ( or steam-blast) eruptions are driven by explosive expanding steam resulting from cold ground or surface water coming into contact with hot rock or magma. The distinguishing feature of phreatic explosions is that they only blast out fragments of preexisting solid rock from the volcanic conduit; no new magma is erupted.

In a Strombolian-type eruption observed during the 1965 activity of Irazú Volcano in Costa Rica, huge clots of molten lava burst from the summit crater to form luminous arcs through the sky. Collecting on the flanks of the cone, lava clots combined to stream down the slopes in fiery rivulets.

Hawaiian" eruptions may occur along fissures or fractures that serve as linear vents, such as during the eruption of Mauna Loa Volcano in Hawaii in 1950; or they may occur at a central vent such as during the 1959 eruption in Kilauea Iki Crater of Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii. In fissure-type eruptions, molten, incandescent lava spurts from a fissure on the volcano's rift zone and feeds lava streams that flow downslope.

In contrast, the eruptive activity of Parícutin Volcano in 1947 demonstrated a "Vulcanian"-type eruption, in which a dense cloud of ash-laden gas explodes from the crater and rises high above the peak. Steaming ash forms a whitish cloud near the upper level of the cone.

In a "Vesuvian" eruption, as typified by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Italy in A.D. 79, great quantities of ash-laden gas are violently discharged to form cauliflower-shaped cloud high above the volcano.

In a "Peléan" or "Nuée Ardente (glowing cloud) eruption, such as occurred on the Mayon Volcano in the Philippines in 1968, a large quantity of gas, dust, ash, and incandescent lava fragments are blown out of a central crater, fall back, and form tongue-like, glowing avalanches that move downslope at velocities as great as 100 miles per hour.

Last edited by Wesley; 11-19-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 6

I dont know if I'll "erupt", but I will stand up and cheer.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man"

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,145
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post

Choose your eruption:
    The type of volcanic eruption Is often labeled with the name of a well-known volcano where characteristic behavior is similar--hence the use of such terms as "Strombolian," "Vulcanian," "Vesuvian," "Pelean," "Hawaiian," and others. Some volcanoes may exhibit only one characteristic type of eruption during an interval of activity--others may display an entire sequence of types.

The most powerful eruptions are called "plinian" and involve the explosive ejection of relatively viscous lava. Large plinian eruptions--such as during 18 May 1980 at Mount St. Helens -can send ash and volcanic gas tens of miles into the air. The resulting ash fallout can affect large areas hundreds of miles downwind. Fast-moving deadly pyroclastic flows ("nuées ardentes") are also commonly associated with plinian eruptions.

" Preatic" ( or steam-blast) eruptions are driven by explosive expanding steam resulting from cold ground or surface water coming into contact with hot rock or magma. The distinguishing feature of phreatic explosions is that they only blast out fragments of preexisting solid rock from the volcanic conduit; no new magma is erupted.

In a Strombolian-type eruption observed during the 1965 activity of Irazú Volcano in Costa Rica, huge clots of molten lava burst from the summit crater to form luminous arcs through the sky. Collecting on the flanks of the cone, lava clots combined to stream down the slopes in fiery rivulets.

Hawaiian" eruptions may occur along fissures or fractures that serve as linear vents, such as during the eruption of Mauna Loa Volcano in Hawaii in 1950; or they may occur at a central vent such as during the 1959 eruption in Kilauea Iki Crater of Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii. In fissure-type eruptions, molten, incandescent lava spurts from a fissure on the volcano's rift zone and feeds lava streams that flow downslope.

In contrast, the eruptive activity of Parícutin Volcano in 1947 demonstrated a "Vulcanian"-type eruption, in which a dense cloud of ash-laden gas explodes from the crater and rises high above the peak. Steaming ash forms a whitish cloud near the upper level of the cone.

In a "Vesuvian" eruption, as typified by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Italy in A.D. 79, great quantities of ash-laden gas are violently discharged to form cauliflower-shaped cloud high above the volcano.

In a "Peléan" or "Nuée Ardente (glowing cloud) eruption, such as occurred on the Mayon Volcano in the Philippines in 1968, a large quantity of gas, dust, ash, and incandescent lava fragments are blown out of a central crater, fall back, and form tongue-like, glowing avalanches that move downslope at velocities as great as 100 miles per hour.

Speaking of volcanos...man are they a violent igneous rock formation.....

Starter
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 53

Quote Originally Posted by sdcyfan View Post

I believe everyone should give AA his due, but I would like to see the fans give all the Cyclones equal support regardless of playing time. This will be the last time any of them will suit up in JTS and they have all given more time and effort than 98% of the fans realize. It is unfortunate that some didn't see the field more, but the fans can make up for it tomorrow.