Good luck this weekend
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 10,783, Level: 31
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HawkfromNorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Norwalk via Marshalltown
    Posts
    380
    Points
    10,783
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 10

    Good luck this weekend

    Just sending some luck your way. I don't come around much anymore. Most of you guys don't care to hear what Hawks say anyway. But I did want to come by and offer condolences on AA's injury. What a horrible way to end a career, one game before his last career regular season game. He's a good guy, and is a great representation for ISU. It'll be weird next year not seeing him under center.

    Also just wanted to say, Good Luck against Mizzou this Saturday. I'm not a big fan of those guys down south and it would be great if you guys could send them back home with a loss and at the same time get to the magic bowl number. Bowl season seems to be a little more special when both teams from the state are participating. I'll be listening to the game on the drive home from IC pulling for you!


    Watch it man there's a beverage here!

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 41,893, Level: 63
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,108
    Points
    41,893
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 18

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Classy post HfN.

    Good luck back atcha when the Hawks take on Ohio State.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 271,939, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,693
    Points
    271,939
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 975

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrocks View Post
    Classy post HfN.

    Good luck back atcha when the Hawks take on Ohio State.
    Agreed. He came on here last year to congratulate ISU after each win. Classy move. That being said he still had CF'ers blasting him for even being on the site. I never understood that. He is one of the few Iowa fans who comes on here and isn't a complete dick.

    Thanks HfN.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 466,306, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,305
    Points
    466,306
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 149

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Agreed. He came on here last year to congratulate ISU after each win. Classy move. That being said he still had CF'ers blasting him for even being on the site. I never understood that. He is one of the few Iowa fans who comes on here and isn't a complete dick.

    Thanks HfN.
    Just wanted to echo these sentiments. Even when Hawk fans are legit, we have some fans who just want to pile on them. Not every Iowa fan is a TarHeelHawk or DJK15.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 408,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,088
    Points
    408,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 878
    Given: 610

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Definitely need Ohio State to be beat.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 24,274, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    sunnysideup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Metro
    Posts
    1,419
    Points
    24,274
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 64

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    Just sending some luck your way. I don't come around much anymore. Most of you guys don't care to hear what Hawks say anyway. But I did want to come by and offer condolences on AA's injury. What a horrible way to end a career, one game before his last career regular season game. He's a good guy, and is a great representation for ISU. It'll be weird next year not seeing him under center.

    Also just wanted to say, Good Luck against Mizzou this Saturday. I'm not a big fan of those guys down south and it would be great if you guys could send them back home with a loss and at the same time get to the magic bowl number. Bowl season seems to be a little more special when both teams from the state are participating. I'll be listening to the game on the drive home from IC pulling for you!
    I knew you were a closet ISU fan! I'll get you in cardinal and gold someday!


    Yeah TOAST!!!

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 348,307, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,600
    Points
    348,307
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 92

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Classy post. I look at it this way: I go to HN and typically only post on things that have to do with ISU, Michigan or have nothing to do with Iowa. No one wants to hear my side, I realize that an normally don't post. If I do, it isn't anti-Iowa. Feel free to do the same in relation to Iowa. No harm in that.

    One more thing: Please kill OSU


    It's all snark from here on out

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 59,836, Level: 75
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,612
    Points
    59,836
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 7

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Thanks, good luck was well. I know I like it a lot more when both teams are bowling and both teams have some tournament aspirations in March.


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 155,053, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,675
    Points
    155,053
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 56

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Just wanted to echo these sentiments. Even when Hawk fans are legit, we have some fans who just want to pile on them. Not every Iowa fan is a TarHeelHawk or DJK15.
    This is what DorkfromNorwalk posts on HN when he's not kissing *** on CF;

    ISU getting Rolled 34-13 - HawkeyeNation Forum

    Below is DorkfromNorwalk's response to the news ISU was getting rolled by CU...



    Good. I mean really. GOOD. The last thing I wanted to hear this week was those **** heads rubbing it in that they won.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 27,382, Level: 50
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Ames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,945
    Points
    27,382
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    That does seem to conflict a bit...

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    Also just wanted to say, Good Luck against Mizzou this Saturday. I'm not a big fan of those guys down south and it would be great if you guys could send them back home with a loss and at the same time get to the magic bowl number. Bowl season seems to be a little more special when both teams from the state are participating. I'll be listening to the game on the drive home from IC pulling for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    Below is DorkfromNorwalk's response to the news ISU was getting rolled by CU...



    Good. I mean really. GOOD. The last thing I wanted to hear this week was those **** heads rubbing it in that they won.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 46,546, Level: 66
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    5,045
    Points
    46,546
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 403

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    This is what DorkfromNorwalk posts on HN when he's not kissing *** on CF;

    ISU getting Rolled 34-13 - HawkeyeNation Forum

    Below is DorkfromNorwalk's response to the news ISU was getting rolled by CU...



    Good. I mean really. GOOD. The last thing I wanted to hear this week was those **** heads rubbing it in that they won.
    Pretty typical Hawk fan. He's complimentary of ISU as long as either A). Both Iowa and ISU won that week B) Iowa won and ISU lost C) Both Iowa and ISU lost. Most Hawk fans are just fine with ISU's sucess as long as it doesn't overshadow theirs. I mean the biggest dicussion from Hawk fans after losing to Wisky the day we beat Texas was CPR's remarks to the camera guy wearing a Hawk shirt. They spun it to be another case of "little brother syndrome", as a way to take the focus away from their coaching staff and QB's mismanagement of the clock at the end of that game.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 34,134, Level: 56
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,599
    Points
    34,134
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 18

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    This is what DorkfromNorwalk posts on HN when he's not kissing *** on CF;

    ISU getting Rolled 34-13 - HawkeyeNation Forum

    Below is DorkfromNorwalk's response to the news ISU was getting rolled by CU...



    Good. I mean really. GOOD. The last thing I wanted to hear this week was those **** heads rubbing it in that they won.

    If it seems to good to be true it probably is.

    All I can say is screw the hawks. I hope they lose on Saturday and every day after that.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 66,706, Level: 80
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,344
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,058
    Points
    66,706
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 4

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    It is public knowledge that this guy is bipolar.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 424,051, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,800
    Points
    424,051
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 875
    Given: 420

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkfromNorwalk View Post
    Most of you guys don't care to hear what Hawks say anyway.
    YouTube - Billy Madison "That is correct"



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 18,342, Level: 41
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cysocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    770
    Points
    18,342
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good luck this weekend

    Always be skeptical when a hawk fan acts like your friend...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM