Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    346
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    All games on T.V

    Is there some way that we can get all the mens basketball games on t.v? If you do'nt have mediacom ( which I do ) you do'nt get any pre-conference games I do'nt think. And then you only get 6 games. As a big 12 team we should all get every game to watch.


    Last edited by simesclone; 11-18-2010 at 01:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 124,968, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,527
    Points
    124,968
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

    Re: All games on T.V

    It isn't free. Find somebody to pay for it. You need sponsors. You need to sell commercial inventory.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 117,774, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    6,476
    Points
    117,774
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 82

    Re: All games on T.V

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    It isn't free. Find somebody to pay for it. You need sponsors. You need to sell commercial inventory.
    Could sell apostrophe lessons.


    GRAMMAR .




  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 73,202, Level: 84
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,648
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ItsCyence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    3,313
    Points
    73,202
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 47

    Re: All games on T.V

    His grammar is right.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,972, Level: 75
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,842
    Points
    59,972
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 58

    Re: All games on T.V

    I know it's technically not "on TV" but I was able to watch the game last night on ESPN3.com. This also requires your ISP to carry it, but at least it's an option for some.

    Side note: is there a list of which games that aren't on TV will be on ESPN3.com?

    EDIT: nevermind, I see it's listed on Cyclones.com (duh)


    Last edited by CarolinaCy; 11-18-2010 at 08:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 65,851, Level: 79
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,123
    Points
    65,851
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 38

    Re: All games on T.V

    I think the only games NOT on TV is Creigton and Kenesaw St (sp?). Everything else on ESPN full court for $104!



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 39,118, Level: 61
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    39,118
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2

    Re: All games on T.V

    I tried enrolling for ESPN3 last night it said I need Mediacom or verison as my provider to get it.



  8. #8
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 282,929, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,401
    Points
    282,929
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 216
    Given: 472

    Re: All games on T.V

    **** you BigTen



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 107,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    ruxCYtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,952
    Points
    107,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 147

    Re: All games on T.V

    Quote Originally Posted by simesclone View Post
    Is there some way that we can get all the mens basketball games on t.v? If you do'nt have mediacom ( which I do ) you do'nt get any pre-conference games I do'nt think. And then you only get 6 games. As a big 12 team we should all get every game to watch.
    I don't know what planet you live on, but I looked at the schedule and there are only 3-4 games NOT on TV.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 391,935, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,267
    Points
    391,935
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 264

    Re: All games on T.V

    Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    I think the only games NOT on TV is Creigton and Kenesaw St (sp?). Everything else on ESPN full court for $104!
    So we need some justin tv for the big Sunday game?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  11. #11
    Prospect
    Points: 4,611, Level: 19
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    lars4isu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    26
    Points
    4,611
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: All games on T.V

    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    I don't know what planet you live on, but I looked at the schedule and there are only 3-4 games NOT on TV.

    Well, I have Dish Network and I bought their Fox Sports package and I could not get the Drake basketball game or the ISU/Colorado football game. Anybody out there have Dish and found the games somewhere?? It does not look like I will be able to see a lot of the games - unless I go them, of course. A real response would be appreciated besides the ******* response like, "I don't know what planet you live on..."



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 80,679, Level: 88
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,271
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,319
    Points
    80,679
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 12

    Re: All games on T.V

    Quote Originally Posted by lars4isu View Post
    Well, I have Dish Network and I bought their Fox Sports package and I could not get the Drake basketball game or the ISU/Colorado football game. Anybody out there have Dish and found the games somewhere?? It does not look like I will be able to see a lot of the games - unless I go them, of course. A real response would be appreciated besides the ******* response like, "I don't know what planet you live on..."
    ISU/Colorado was on FCS which Dish does not carry.
    ISU/Drake was on ESPN Full Court which is a package you have to purchase.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 107,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    ruxCYtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,952
    Points
    107,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 147

    Re: All games on T.V

    Quote Originally Posted by lars4isu View Post
    Well, I have Dish Network and I bought their Fox Sports package and I could not get the Drake basketball game or the ISU/Colorado football game. Anybody out there have Dish and found the games somewhere?? It does not look like I will be able to see a lot of the games - unless I go them, of course. A real response would be appreciated besides the ******* response like, "I don't know what planet you live on..."
    I'm sorry, but anyone who comes on here and states only six of our games are on TV when, in fact, virtually every games IS televised (and yes, you may have to pay for it) must be living on another planet. You're smart enough to go to cyclonefanatic.com, sign up for an account and ask the question, so surely you can figure out how to go to cyclones.com and view the basketball team's TV schedule.



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    346
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: All games on T.V

    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    I'm sorry, but anyone who comes on here and states only six of our games are on TV when, in fact, virtually every games IS televised (and yes, you may have to pay for it) must be living on another planet. You're smart enough to go to cyclonefanatic.com, sign up for an account and ask the question, so surely you can figure out how to go to cyclones.com and view the basketball team's TV schedule.
    I said only 6 of our pre-conference games were on mediacom. I know that conference games will be televised. And No you should'nt have to pay to watch the Cyclone's on t.v.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 34,283, Level: 57
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,167
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    fccy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest City
    Posts
    3,418
    Points
    34,283
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 260

    Re: All games on T.V

    If you don't like how the current TV package is, offer to pay ISU more than what it is currently receiving for its TV package.

    It is a matter of money. Period.

    There is the CTN. Offer a local station enough money so it will televise games as part of the network.


    Last edited by fccy; 11-18-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM