I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,548, Level: 35
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    302
    Points
    13,548
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    looking at who ISU is competing with for a lot of their recruits is not real impressive. By the looks of things Rhoads owns Memphis and UTEP.

    I know stars are not everything, but it would be nice if a few of the recruits had more BCS school offers.

    He seems like a real good coach but wow he has an uphill climb.


    Last edited by Win5002; 11-17-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: misspelling

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 40,769, Level: 62
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyLoboClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    2,475
    Points
    40,769
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 11

    Re: I sure HOPE Rhoades has an eye for talent and can delelop it

    step 1: spell road
    step 2: add an H
    step 3: finish it off nicely with an S



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 155,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,673
    Points
    155,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

    Re: I sure HOPE Rhoades has an eye for talent and can delelop it

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Rhoads

    Rhoades, Rhoads, Roads, Rooooads, Row-adds, Rowwaaaadds


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  4. #4
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 312,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,044
    Points
    312,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 776
    Given: 1,965

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    Seriously, give the guy a break. I mean one person pointed it out. But if someone jumps on your spelling errors, I'm sure they're just "anal."



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,455, Level: 92
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    87,455
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    Our recruiting scares me. Turner Gill has more 3 star recruits than we have recruits period.



  6. #6
    Recruit
    Points: 6,324, Level: 23
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    110
    Points
    6,324
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    Now can you correct the spelling for deVelop?



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 407,934, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,062
    Points
    407,934
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 605

    Re: I sure HOPE Rhoades has an eye for talent and can delelop it

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Rhoads

    Yes, Sir. Sorry.

    Will this cost me credits to get off the hit list?

    Win


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 51,227, Level: 70
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,323
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,227
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 43

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    The recruiting class does look a little questionable but so far Rhoads has done fairly well recruiting guys a little under the radar. Van Der Kamp is a very good punter that nobody seemed to pay much attention, some guy named Jake Knott who had garbage offers has turned out pretty well, Money Reynolds had very few offers, David Sims didn't have a ton of interest, etc.

    I wish this class had a few more high profile recruits but PR hasn't given us reason to doubt him yet.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 185,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,551
    Points
    185,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 609

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    Look at last years 4 star players.

    Im fine with 0-2 stars.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 19,515, Level: 42
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    CP44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    877
    Points
    19,515
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Look at last years 4 star players.

    Im fine with 0-2 stars.
    Agreed... they seem to do nothing but not reach expectations


    Commitment To Excellence

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 25,597, Level: 49
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 953
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,453
    Points
    25,597
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    Quote Originally Posted by Drive4cy View Post
    The recruiting class does look a little questionable but so far Rhoads has done fairly well recruiting guys a little under the radar. Van Der Kamp is a very good punter that nobody seemed to pay much attention, some guy named Jake Knott who had garbage offers has turned out pretty well, Money Reynolds had very few offers, David Sims didn't have a ton of interest, etc.

    I wish this class had a few more high profile recruits but PR hasn't given us reason to doubt him yet.
    Actually David was supposed to play for Oklahoma, but had to take a summer class and Oklahoma pulled their offer. I am not sure if one of his Junior college coaches was picked up by Rhoads, or whether his coaches called someone on the ISU staff but He was supposed to go to Oklahoma.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 145,963, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    11,153
    Points
    145,963
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 697
    Given: 772

    re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can develop it

    Here's why this doesn't worry me too much: Let's be honest, ISU isn't gonna be getting any five stars any time soon, and this is always going to hurt us at certain positions like D-end and offensive tackle. However, we can succeed by identifying guys who are just a small step below those highly sought after recruits but that fit perfectly into our system.

    So rather than fight for the cream of the crop and lose (and then have to scramble to pick up what recruits are letft), we are taking our pick of the guys right below that before they are picked off by other schools. We'll know in a year or two if this was the right approach.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,253, Level: 90
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,253
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can delelop it

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Here's why this doesn't worry me too much: Let's be honest, ISU isn't gonna be getting any five stars any time soon, and this is always going to hurt us at certain positions like D-end and offensive tackle. However, we can succeed by identifying guys who are just a small step below those highly sought after recruits but that fit perfectly into our system.

    So rather than fight for the cream of the crop and lose (and then have to scramble to pick up what recruits are letft), we are taking our pick of the guys right below that before they are picked off by other schools. We'll know in a year or two if this was the right approach.
    We are still going after some big name guys and losing them. Just take a look at our offer list
    http://iowastate.rivals.com/offerlist.asp
    Plenty of four star guys on that list and one could argue more than previous years. We offered, they had little interest and we moved on. The big difference between this year's class and previous classes are the BCS offers. What I like is a lot of these guys are either tweeners or projects. Guys with talent that other teams would rather wait to offer later after their senior film comes out.
    On the flip side, why doesn't a guy like Sam Richardson(Florida) have more offers. Video looks impressive, he plays on a winning big school Florida team so it isn't like he hasn't been seen by most schools.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 145,963, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    11,153
    Points
    145,963
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 697
    Given: 772

    Re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can delelop it

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    What I like is a lot of these guys are either tweeners or projects. Guys with talent that other teams would rather wait to offer later after their senior film comes out.
    Exactly, you said what I was trying to say much better than I did. We're getting commitments now from the guys who would be filling out the last few openings at places like Texas or Oklahoma once their senior seasons are over. It's good that we aren't ignoring those 4 star recruits, because we might be able to pull in one or two with the promise of early playing time, or that really like our coaches. But in general we need to follow the same strategy that places like Iowa used to become successful: find overlooked guys and develop them into monsters.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 42,966, Level: 64
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,284
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,712
    Points
    42,966
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 4

    Re: I sure HOPE Rhoads has an eye for talent and can delelop it

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    We are still going after some big name guys and losing them. Just take a look at our offer list
    http://iowastate.rivals.com/offerlist.asp
    Plenty of four star guys on that list and one could argue more than previous years. We offered, they had little interest and we moved on. The big difference between this year's class and previous classes are the BCS offers. What I like is a lot of these guys are either tweeners or projects. Guys with talent that other teams would rather wait to offer later after their senior film comes out.
    On the flip side, why doesn't a guy like Sam Richardson(Florida) have more offers. Video looks impressive, he plays on a winning big school Florida team so it isn't like he hasn't been seen by most schools.
    I don't think written offers are a matter of public record. The way most recruitng sites know is they contact a prospect and ask. Or their coaches. I know Sam Richardson has been contacted by TTU(the CB Sam), and they are not listed as an offer. My guess is once a prospect committs to ISU, there is not alot of incentive to keep checking in on his offer list. We are ISU. We will lose at least one of our recruits, and it will probably be to a school who is not listed as an offer right now.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM