Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 128

Impact of Cam Newton Scandal

Here's a story about why Newton will eventually be ruled ineligible, in the writer's opinion.

Starting 11: Cam Newton Will Eventually Be Declared Ineligible -- NCAAFB FanHouse

He makes a good point that the NCAA will have little choice but to act at some point because of the future implications of failing to act.

Pro
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 94

Re: Impact of Cam Newton Scandal

I'm not saying he is dirty but I notices Chizzle is already publicly stumping his integrety.
    In my 50 years of experience when an individual has to tell me how moral, ethical, or religious he is, that is a huge red flag that they are not what they claim to be. Just saying. FWIW

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,816
    Given: 1,524

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid27 View Post
    I'm not saying he is dirty but I notices Chizzle is already publicly stumping his integrety.
    In my 50 years of experience when an individual has to tell me how moral, ethical, or religious he is, that is a huge red flag that they are not what they claim to be. Just saying. FWIW
    And the angrier and/or more insistent the person is.........

This is going to go down hard. Just a matter of how and when it finally has its full explosion.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Prospect
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

"Anyone that knows myself, my wife, my family, they know that we are firmly entrenched here in Ames," Chizik said. "We love this university. We love who we work for. We love this football team. We love this community."
    We all know this is a man of character. He would never lie about something...

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CueTheMusic View Post
    We all know this is a man of character. He would never lie about something...
    That's true. And he doesn't have 2 million reasons to lie about this matter

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 63

There's an article in the Rag that Chizik said he's the man of integrity and he was hired because of his "reputation, not record"

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 424
    Given: 43

The only problem with this ordeal is that you need some hard evidence that Cam's father actually solicited funds from Miss. State.

At this point it sounds like Miss. State was jilted. Just a lot of hearsay. If Cam is guilty, then he is guilty. But it seems really strange that all these allegations are coming out AFTER he has had all this success. Hell, signing day was way back in Feb. so I am wondering why something didn't surface last spring.

Call me skeptical. But if the allegations are indeed true, then Miss. State was agreeing to pay money and got outbid for Cam's services by Auburn. If that is the case then they should produce the evidence of it, instead of just accusations.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    There's an article in the Rag that Chizik said he's the man of integrity and he was hired because of his "reputation, not record"
    When Wesley left, Greg said he built his career on relationships, but the outflux of players over the following two seasons suggested something different.

Maybe these guys believe that, and they're really just that blind to their weak areas. That's pretty blind, though.

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 112

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    The only problem with this ordeal is that you need some hard evidence that Cam's father actually solicited funds from Miss. State.

At this point it sounds like Miss. State was jilted. Just a lot of hearsay. If Cam is guilty, then he is guilty. But it seems really strange that all these allegations are coming out AFTER he has had all this success. Hell, signing day was way back in Feb. so I am wondering why something didn't surface last spring.

Call me skeptical. But if the allegations are indeed true, then Miss. State was agreeing to pay money and got outbid for Cam's services by Auburn. If that is the case then they should produce the evidence of it, instead of just accusations.
    Sports Illustrated actually did an interview with the Newton family a couple of weeks before this news broke and it quotes Cam as saying he wanted to play for Mississippi State, but he let his father decide which school he should play for and his father picked Auburn. If you connect the dots, that's why the figures make some sense, since Cam wanted to play for Miss. State, they would have to pay $180,000 and why Auburn would pay $200,000.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by azepp View Post
    Here's a story about why Newton will eventually be ruled ineligible, in the writer's opinion.

Starting 11: Cam Newton Will Eventually Be Declared Ineligible -- NCAAFB FanHouse

He makes a good point that the NCAA will have little choice but to act at some point because of the future implications of failing to act.

This is why I dislike the media. This guy is clueless and is making accusations into fact. Wait until the FACTS are out. Right now here is what is out
    1. Newton commits to Auburnon 12-31-09 after a final three of OU, Auburn and MSU
    2. MSU turns in allegations of misconduct to the SEC in January not long after they lost out on Newton. The SEC reviews the claims and the SEC didn't feel the info was credible
    3. MSU turns in more information in June and then the SEC turned the info over to Auburn and the NCAA.
    4. NCAA pursues an investigation a month later
    IMO- few things could have happened...1) Newton was down to OU, Auburn and MSU. One of those teams doesn't fit and it is possible that Newton or his dad said the only way he would go to MSU was for $$$. 2) MSU lost out on a recruit and have sour grapes so they took a rumor and ran with it. 3) Newton pimped himself out to the highest bidder and Auburn won. None of those three would surprise me at all.

Personally, I think it is odd that MSU turned in info in January and then came back 6 months later with more info. Did they have the info in January and withheld it or did they investigate further? Why the 6 month lapse? It is also intersting to me that this just got leaked a few weeks ago after Auburn had some success.

In any event, the FBI is now involved so there will actually be a legit investigation and not a sweep under the rug by the NCAA.

Last edited by tazclone; 11-17-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    "Not at the table Carlos."

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

FTA:

"Is it coincidental that majority white college sports like hockey, baseball, swimming, golf and tennis allow their 18-year-olds -- or younger -- to immediately go pro?

Maybe.

But I don't buy it."

Is this guy seriously playing the race card????? I don't want to make this a cave discussion, but I was just completely shocked to see that in this article.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,003
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    This is why I dislike the media. This guy is clueless and is making accusations into fact. Wait until the FACTS are out. Right now here is what is out
    1. Newton commits to Auburnon 12-31-10 after a final three of OU, Auburn and MSU
    2. MSU turns in allegations of misconduct to the SEC in January not long after they lost out on Newton. The SEC reviews the claims and the SEC didn't feel the info was credible
    3. MSU turns in more information in June and then the SEC turned the info over to Auburn and the NCAA.
    4. NCAA pursues an investigation a month later
    IMO- few things could have happened...1) Newton was down to OU, Auburn and MSU. One of those teams doesn't fit and it is possible that Newton or his dad said the only way he would go to MSU was for $$$. 2) MSU lost out on a recruit and have sour grapes so they took a rumor and ran with it. 3) Newton pimped himself out to the highest bidder and Auburn won. None of those three would surprise me at all.

Personally, I think it is odd that MSU turned in info in January and then came back 6 months later with more info. Did they have the info in January and withheld it or did they investigate further? Why the 6 month lapse? It is also intersting to me that this just got leaked a few weeks ago after Auburn had some success.

In any event, the FBI is now involved so there will actually be a legit investigation and not a sweep under the rug by the NCAA.
    Because Urban Meyer is a very petty man and doesn't like seeing other SEC teams have success.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 128

Quote Originally Posted by agrabes View Post
    FTA:

"Is it coincidental that majority white college sports like hockey, baseball, swimming, golf and tennis allow their 18-year-olds -- or younger -- to immediately go pro?

Maybe.

But I don't buy it."

Is this guy seriously playing the race card????? I don't want to make this a cave discussion, but I was just completely shocked to see that in this article.
    Yeah, there was really no reason to put that in the story. He went off the rails a little bit there.

Starter
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by agrabes View Post
    FTA:

Maybe.

But I don't buy it."

lol, he probably said that baseball's rule stating that if you go to a 4 yr college you have to stay for 3 yrs is in place to prevent non-whites from going pro early too.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 424
    Given: 43

You really need some hard evidence. Just "hearsay" is inadmissible IMO.

Let's say it is true, then the truth will come out eventually and you take the Heisman away from Cam and Auburn forfeits all their games.

But what if these allegations are all false? And Miss. State just has sour grapes about being jilted. Then a young man's entire career and reputation is ruined over a baseless allegation.

Sorry. But I refuse to convict an innocent person on hearsay. I want hard evidence. If Cam got cash, then there is a paper trail somewhere.

And if Auburn didn't pay but Miss. State was planning on paying, then Miss. State should show their own paper trail. Of course, Miss. State would then indict themselves on NCAA infractions as they are then a dirty program.