Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 143,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,826
    Points
    143,039
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 629

    Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    In case anyone hadn't seen the video: YouTube - Nick Fairley's cheap shots nearly cause a brawl vs. UGA

    Consider how much crap we got from Nebraska for Knott's facemask while trying to make a play before the whistle (which, to be honest, probably should have been a facemask penatly, though not the suspension some NU fans were calling for), but if you thought that is bad, watch this video.

    This guy is out there with one goal in mind: injuring the QB. I'm actually suprised that Georgia's O-line put up with it as long as they did.

    I guess you can get away with anything as long as you're the SEC's national title contender.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 95,319, Level: 96
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,698
    Points
    95,319
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Three cheap shots, he should have been thrown out of the game after the 2nd one as he led with his helmet on all 3 of them. Auburn is going to miss 2 starting defensive linemen for the 1st half of the game this week that got thrown out of that game. What really frustrated me was Fairley's pretty much kept taunting after they went after him and one of the assistants was right there with him doing the same. Chiz didn't do a thing, he should have pulled those starters got in their face and told them that kind of behavior is not acceptable but then again who is Chiz to be giving lectures on morals either...


    Go Cubs Go!

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 153,231, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,687
    Points
    153,231
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 113

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Fairley is going to end someone's career if he keeps that up. That is, if someone doesn't seek revenge by diving right into his kneecap and ends his first.

    That being said, I don't think he's trying to injure the QB. He does need to learn to be more aware of what is going on. I didn't see his head up on any of the plays where he hits the QB which tells me he wasn't paying attention and was simply going after the QB. I'm sure this Saturday the officials will be paying close attention to this guy and flagging him accordingly. If he does the same stuff and no personal fouls are called on him, then I'd say you are on to something.


    "The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

    - temperflare

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 153,231, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,687
    Points
    153,231
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 113

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Check out this other clip of Fairley taking down LSU's QB. The guy is a freak! I wish we had him.

    YouTube - Nick Fairley Suplex

    Apprently, he likes to tackle this way..

    YouTube - Nick Fairley power slam vs ULM


    "The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

    - temperflare

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 143,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,826
    Points
    143,039
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 629

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Here's some gifs for people who don't want to watch a whole youtube video





    This guy is seriously out there to injure, not to make a sack.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 143,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,826
    Points
    143,039
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 629

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Quote Originally Posted by temperflare View Post
    Check out this other clip of Fairley taking down LSU's QB. The guy is a freak! I wish we had him.

    YouTube - Nick Fairley Suplex

    Apprently, he likes to tackle this way..

    YouTube - Nick Fairley power slam vs ULM
    I don't. He's a dirty player. I wouldn't mind somebody with his skills on our team, but not his intentions.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,253, Level: 90
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,253
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    In case anyone hadn't seen the video: YouTube - Nick Fairley's cheap shots nearly cause a brawl vs. UGA

    Consider how much crap we got from Nebraska for Knott's facemask while trying to make a play before the whistle (which, to be honest, probably should have been a facemask penatly, though not the suspension some NU fans were calling for), but if you thought that is bad, watch this video.

    This guy is out there with one goal in mind: injuring the QB. I'm actually suprised that Georgia's O-line put up with it as long as they did.

    I guess you can get away with anything as long as you're the SEC's national title contender.
    IMO- the only cheap shot he had was the spear int he back of the QB. The first one was a solid tackle right after the ball was released. The last one he was being blocked. The middle one just shows he is a POS. Thought it was awesome that Georgia's OL went after him. He better learn to play with his head on a swivel because a lot of things can go on in the trenches


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 26,079, Level: 49
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,453
    Points
    26,079
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Jesus....If the refs were not going to call it and he took out my QB I probably would have piled him too.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 143,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,826
    Points
    143,039
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 629

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    IMO- the only cheap shot he had was the spear int he back of the QB. The first one was a solid tackle right after the ball was released. The last one he was being blocked.
    The first one would have been a clean tackle if the QB still had the ball, but he had gotten rid of the ball several steps before Fairley got there. But Fairley clearly doesn't care that the ball is gone, rather than let up and maybe just run into the QB and knock him down, he goes for the full on piledrive. For the last one, he is intentionally putting his helmet to the knee of the QB, again well after the QB has gotten rid of the ball.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,253, Level: 90
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,708
    Points
    85,253
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    The first one would have been a clean tackle if the QB still had the ball, but he had gotten rid of the ball several steps before Fairley got there. But Fairley clearly doesn't care that the ball is gone, rather than let up and maybe just run into the QB and knock him down, he goes for the full on piledrive. For the last one, he is intentionally putting his helmet to the knee of the QB, again well after the QB has gotten rid of the ball.
    Not sure how you define several steps because I only counted one and his head was down so who knows if he saw if the ball was released.

    For the last one, he was being blocked and was trying to get the QB. if he isn't blocked down, he gets him in the waist. If Fairely hadn't been labeled a thug(which he is) that play would never be quetioned as dirty. I would love for video in real speed to show just how fast that occurs.

    The spear in the back was dirty and shows that he is a POS. The other two do not. All I have to see is the spear but I hate people taking normal football plays and crying foul. When things are slowed down in slow motion, people think things are intentional when in reall speed, it just happens and happens real fast. Much like Klein in the endzone.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 53,636, Level: 71
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 414
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    uro cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,391
    Points
    53,636
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 85

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Of course he won't be suspended...AU is trying for the national championship...too much $$ is on the line for the SEC to suspend him



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 347,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,483
    Points
    347,787
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 683
    Given: 89

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    IMO- the only cheap shot he had was the spear int he back of the QB. The first one was a solid tackle right after the ball was released. The last one he was being blocked. The middle one just shows he is a POS. Thought it was awesome that Georgia's OL went after him. He better learn to play with his head on a swivel because a lot of things can go on in the trenches
    I agree except when he cut Murray with his facemask. I don't know that he intended to cut him, but he certainly intentionally ran his mask across the face.


    It's all snark from here on out

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 347,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,483
    Points
    347,787
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 683
    Given: 89

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    Not sure how you define several steps because I only counted one and his head was down so who knows if he saw if the ball was released.

    For the last one, he was being blocked and was trying to get the QB. if he isn't blocked down, he gets him in the waist. If Fairely hadn't been labeled a thug(which he is) that play would never be quetioned as dirty. I would love for video in real speed to show just how fast that occurs.

    The spear in the back was dirty and shows that he is a POS. The other two do not. All I have to see is the spear but I hate people taking normal football plays and crying foul. When things are slowed down in slow motion, people think things are intentional when in reall speed, it just happens and happens real fast. Much like Klein in the endzone.
    I agree 100% that on the one, he was cut and happened to hit the knee. These guys are athletic but not athletic enough to do that.

    I loved that GA targeted him. If I were a coach, I would have too. Find the meanest ****ers on the team and go after him. Bash me all you want, but if you are going after my QB, I am sending reinforcments.


    It's all snark from here on out

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 21,354, Level: 44
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dunar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    1,593
    Points
    21,354
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 24

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Didn't two players get ejected from the game, towards the end? Who was thrown out?



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 143,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,826
    Points
    143,039
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 629

    Re: Fairley not suspended by the SEC for dirty hits

    Quote Originally Posted by uro cy View Post
    Of course he won't be suspended...AU is trying for the national championship...too much $$ is on the line for the SEC to suspend him
    Regretably I think you are 100% correct. Really I think what the SEC is really hoping for is for Auburn to win out but then lose the SEC championship game by like 1 so they can get two teams in the BCS and the associated cash that goes with it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM