Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Current student season FB tickets sold

I must admit, I was really surprised at the amount of student tickets sold as of now with just over a month until opening night. From the AD:
    one of the 3,000 students who have already ordered tickets

Wow. I didn't think I was expecting too much when I was hoping to see closer to 5K sold at this point. As it stands now, I'm not so sure we'll reach the 7K we did last year, as I expect a majority of the students to have already purchased their tickets by now, with a couple more thousand waiting until mid-August.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Current student season FB tickets sold

Four thoughts (in order)

1.) The tickets will sell. I'm sure a lot of students haven't even thought about it yet (now they will). Personally, I think I always bought my tickets in August before this year, there's no real reason to order immediately since there's no benefit with voucher number, seat proximity, etc. People are probably saving up their money.

2.)
    now getting your face paint ready for the season opener
    Damn right I am.

3.)
    Our football festivities kick off for Iowa State students with the annual Football Open- Practice & Pep Rally on August 22nd in Jack Trice Stadium.
    I'm really looking forward to this. It was a lot of fun last year and is a great dress rehearsal for the season.

4.) What do you think Chizik will do to Meyer if he tells us to, "Skip class, get crunk, and come out" this year?

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

And everyone was asuming we would hit 7800 in student tickets. We still may and I hope we do...however I have my doubts if we only have 3k at this point. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe we hit our max amount last year either. This kind of takes away from the excitement of the season ticket counter as it assumed all student tickets would be sold.

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

We were 26 tickets short of the 7000 allotment last year, ending at 6074.

I agree though, I was expecting to see around 1500-2000 more sold at this point to be able to tap into the new allotment. Does anyone know what the student tickets were like the year following the 2-10 season compared to that season? I'm wondering if we'll see a repeat of apathy if it was present at that time.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 4

I agree with superfan here. Most of my friends don't order their tickets until school starts back up for fall semester. Without a doubt there will be an enormous jump in student ticket sales that first week of move-in and classes.

TRUE AND VALIANT

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    I agree with superfan here. Most of my friends don't order their tickets until school starts back up for fall semester. Without a doubt there will be an enormous jump in student ticket sales that first week of move-in and classes.
    I sure hope so, it looks like donors have stepped up, now it is time for the students to do the same.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Four thoughts (in order)

1.) The tickets will sell. I'm sure a lot of students haven't even thought about it yet (now they will). Personally, I think I always bought my tickets in August before this year, there's no real reason to order immediately since there's no benefit with voucher number, seat proximity, etc. People are probably saving up their money.

2.)
    Quote:
    now getting your face paint ready for the season opener

Damn right I am.

3.)
    Quote:
    Our football festivities kick off for Iowa State students with the annual Football Open- Practice & Pep Rally on August 22nd in Jack Trice Stadium.

I'm really looking forward to this. It was a lot of fun last year and is a great dress rehearsal for the season.

4.) What do you think Chizik will do to Meyer if he tells us to, "Skip class, get crunk, and come out" this year?

1) I agree, there is still certainly time. Most poeple aren't even thinking of school quite yet

2) Heck yeah and when are we ordering Superfan? At this point you may as well have it sent straight to Ames...

3) I can't wait

4) He certainly won't put on his earmuffs, thats for sure! Wonder how many laps that'd earn Bret? Or maybe some runs up the steps... (That was still freak'n funny though!)

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

There's usually quite a line to buy tickets during the popular move-in weekends, I wouldn't be too worried.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    I sure hope so, it looks like donors have stepped up, now it is time for the students to do the same.
    Oh good grief, we are not starting this civil war all over again. It was ridiculous last year, and it will still be ridiculous if people bring it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatsow View Post
    And everyone was asuming we would hit 7800 in student tickets. ... Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe we hit our max amount last year either. This kind of takes away from the excitement of the season ticket counter as it assumed all student tickets would be sold.
    As 62 said, we were 26 tickets short of a sellout last year, ending at 6974 of the 7,000 allotted. You're incorrect about the ticket counter- it only includes 7,000 tickets in the current count. The extra 800 that were added for this year are not included in the count until they are actually sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    That's exactly right. That's the way it is every single year, but people always seem to forget it. Most of the freshmen don't even know about or consider sports tickets until they go to WelcomeFest or to pick up their orientation stuff. Lots of people buy their tickets on the spot there, and that's not until the Thursday/Friday before classes start. Yet more get them a few days later, and- as I've mentioned- there's always another small push after the first game. (It also helps matters that we have a HUUUUGE freshman class this year.)

Don't.... um, assume your chickens are dead before they wake up.

All of that said, JP was right in his email when he told us that it's now all of our jobs to convince students to buy season tickets! Old guys, that goes for you too- surely you know a couple ISU kids; go convince them to buy tickets.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 58

This is one possible reason for the lag in student ticket sales...

When I was a student, I'd wait until I was on campus to buy my season tickets. The reason being that back then I was so poor that I had to wait for my financial aid to kick in to have the available funds to purchase them. Also, what money I did have before the semester started I needed to spend on food, beer and the ladies! Boy did I have my priorities straight.

Ahhh, college life, how I miss thee.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 98

Quote Originally Posted by helechopper View Post
    This is one possible reason for the lag in student ticket sales...

When I was a student, I'd wait until I was on campus to buy my season tickets. The reason being that back then I was so poor that I had to wait for my financial aid to kick in to have the available funds to purchase them. Also, what money I did have before the semester started I needed to spend on food, beer and the ladies! Boy did I have my priorities straight.

Ahhh, college life, how I miss thee.
    bingo. thats what most people I know do. I guarantee come August 30th, there will be plenty of students at the jack. Have faith...

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

All-Star
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Everyone needs to back away from the ledge. I, for one, NEVER bought tickets before I was back in Ames. It was easier to coordinate our group that way. Of course, this was before everyone had a cell phone and myspace. The year my entire house from the Towers got tickets together was a lot of fun...

Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 255

Hopefully we will sell these tickets to students who will actually end up in the stadium.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Hopefully we will sell these tickets to students who will actually end up in the stadium.
    I hope so too, but if they get sold, its $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ either way.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

When I was a freshman I waited til I got to Ames to buy season tickets along with almost every on our floor. When I was a sophomore I was working all summer and didn't have time to buy tickets until August. However, this year I was told by a friend that first 1000 season ticket purchasee's get a free t-shirt. I was quick to respond to my ticket buying abilities. I also think with such a promotion there also would be more people to jump the gun on purchasing student tickets.