Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 104,991, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,581
    Points
    104,991
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 274,545, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,339
    Points
    274,545
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 7

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Oh boy, this could get interesting. We could be looking at a new stadium, which wouldn't bother me.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    It would bother me. Wrigley doesn't need to go. Great location and great history.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 381,110, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,594
    Points
    381,110
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 124

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Rahm can get it done.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 274,545, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,339
    Points
    274,545
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 7

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    It would bother me. Wrigley doesn't need to go. Great location and great history.
    So much great history that we haven't won there in 102 years.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,919, Level: 79
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,531
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    64,919
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 132

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    It would be interesting to see if they do build a new ballpark...would they build it on the same property? They would have to buy land around the current property to make it happen I would think? If that happens do the Cubs play at the Cell for a year or two?

    Those in the neighborhood who don't like the Cubs or their plans to expand better hope the Cubs don't go to the suburbs...their property values will drop immediately!



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 24,542, Level: 47
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,245
    Points
    24,542
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 15

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Wow - hard to know what is actually going on behind the scenes, but on its face, this looks like a colossal failure by Ricketts. Welcome to the big leagues, Tom. If you want to succeed at this as a business, you're going to have to do better.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,815, Level: 91
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,635
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,204
    Points
    85,815
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    In a bad economy, its hard to get anything going in regards to sports when the government is involved. Anyone seen the new St. Louis Ballpark Village yet? Me either.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 274,545, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,339
    Points
    274,545
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 7

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
    Wow - hard to know what is actually going on behind the scenes, but on its face, this looks like a colossal failure by Ricketts. Welcome to the big leagues, Tom. If you want to succeed at this as a business, you're going to have to do better.
    Seriously, I was fine with the Ricketts until this happened. They bought the team, they should have known that a lot of money was needed to go into the stadium.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,815, Level: 91
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,635
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,204
    Points
    85,815
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Seriously, I was fine with the Ricketts until this happened. They bought the team, they should have known that a lot of money was needed to go into the stadium.
    (trying to be classy informed Cardinal fan at the moment)

    What do they want to do to Wrigley? Do they have blueprints for what they are going to do or are they just updating certain amenities?



  11. #11
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 298,434, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,651
    Points
    298,434
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 342

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfanatic View Post
    It would be interesting to see if they do build a new ballpark...would they build it on the same property? They would have to buy land around the current property to make it happen I would think? If that happens do the Cubs play at the Cell for a year or two?

    Those in the neighborhood who don't like the Cubs or their plans to expand better hope the Cubs don't go to the suburbs...their property values will drop immediately!
    Depends on what you mean by neighborhood. The property will still be worth plenty around there, although the blocks right up against the stadium may go down in value.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,919, Level: 79
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,531
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    64,919
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 132

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Depends on what you mean by neighborhood. The property will still be worth plenty around there, although the blocks right up against the stadium may go down in value.
    Agree about it still being a great part of Chicago to live in. But having no ballpark (let alone it being Wrigley) would certainly impact the value of the housing in the area. Lincoln Park does thrive without being associated with "Wrigleyville". I guess it would also depend upon what someone would build on that property.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 165,474, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,945
    Points
    165,474
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 9

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Depends on what you mean by neighborhood. The property will still be worth plenty around there, although the blocks right up against the stadium may go down in value.
    Residential might be OK, but the businesses would take a nose dive.



  14. #14
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 298,434, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,651
    Points
    298,434
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 342

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfanatic View Post
    Agree about it still being a great part of Chicago to live in. But having no ballpark (let alone it being Wrigley) would certainly impact the value of the housing in the area. Lincoln Park does thrive without being associated with "Wrigleyville". I guess it would also depend upon what someone would build on that property.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    Residential might be OK, but the businesses would take a nose dive.
    Yeah, definitely. It will kill business in that area, but I think more condos would go up. Would be interesting how that plays out if indeed the park every leaves.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 36,249, Level: 58
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    mikeiastat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,487
    Points
    36,249
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 7

    Re: Cubs' $200 Million Bond Plan Shot Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    (trying to be classy informed Cardinal fan at the moment)

    What do they want to do to Wrigley? Do they have blueprints for what they are going to do or are they just updating certain amenities?

    See now was that so hard.

    To answer your question, it is my understanding, that it is for part of the 400 mil. reno and improvements to existing Wrigley. If it were for new const. it would be about 2 or 3 times that in the city of chicago.

    It sounds like it will be for additional reno on unrenovated (recently anyway) parts of the stadium, expansion and seat additions, and improvements to the already owned surroundings. There are still plans to do so, just won't be as heavily funded by bonded money.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM