Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 0

FB Recruiting

I was over on the Rivals site and noticed they've updated the star rankings for our commits.

JaQuarius Daniels went from no stars to 3 stars I believe? Sam Richardson the QB is a 3 star. As is Kenneth Lynn.

We're still ranked dead last in the Big 12, although I don't know how we can be behind Colorado when they only have 5 kids committed... and no 4 or 5 star kids either?

So, what does everyone think we'll do with our last remaining schollies? We should have about 6 or so left, right?

Where do we sit with the 2 JUCO defensive linemen from California? How about Lattimore? What's everyone's best guess as to what we'll do with these last schollies?

I was initially thinking we had a couple good LB recruits with Boyd and Miller, but some on here have said that they might both be headed to the DL somewhere eventually? If so, then aren't we light on LB commits? I suppose Brackens would eventually end up at LB?

Thoughts?

Starter
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Re: FB Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I was over on the Rivals site and noticed they've updated the star rankings for our commits.

JaQuarius Daniels went from no stars to 3 stars I believe? Sam Richardson the QB is a 3 star. As is Kenneth Lynn.

We're still ranked dead last in the Big 12, although I don't know how we can be behind Colorado when they only have 5 kids committed... and no 4 or 5 star kids either?

So, what does everyone think we'll do with our last remaining schollies? We should have about 6 or so left, right?

Where do we sit with the 2 JUCO defensive linemen from California? How about Lattimore? What's everyone's best guess as to what we'll do with these last schollies?

I was initially thinking we had a couple good LB recruits with Boyd and Miller, but some on here have said that they might both be headed to the DL somewhere eventually? If so, then aren't we light on LB commits? I suppose Brackens would eventually end up at LB?

Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure the qb Colorado has committed is a 4*

Commitment To Excellence

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CP44 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the qb Colorado has committed is a 4*
    Bet he opens his recruiting up again with Hawkins gone...

Hit it hard, every yard

All-Star Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Well, Colorado has 2 QBs committed, both 3 stars.

Brock Berglund - Yahoo! Sports

Nick Sherry - Yahoo! Sports

And here's their page

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2011 Colorado Commitments

The deal is that it goes off of average stars. It doesn't bring into account the # of players they have committed. Only the stars. Since we have a few 2* players, and guys not rated, we have a worse class based on averages.

On another note, Colorado is leaving to the Pac-10/12 next year, so who cares?

Starter
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Cy's Taxi View Post
    Well, Colorado has 2 QBs committed, both 3 stars.

Brock Berglund - Yahoo! Sports

Nick Sherry - Yahoo! Sports

And here's their page

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com 2011 Colorado Commitments

The deal is that it goes off of average stars. It doesn't bring into account the # of players they have committed. Only the stars. Since we have a few 2* players, and guys not rated, we have a worse class based on averages.

On another note, Colorado is leaving to the Pac-10/12 next year, so who cares?
    I'm pretty he was downgraded recently because I read an article in the denver post a couple weeks ago and it said he was 4*

Commitment To Excellence

Starter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I wouldn't be surprised to see irving and ecby end up asthree stars by the time the last rankings come out. they both just seem to be having to good of seasons not to be.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

well ecby was just rated, so they just did their analysis of him. doubt he moves up-and that's okay.

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 6

another thread supposedly about recruiting turns out to be about it's bogus rating system.

Is that better?

Last edited by Cyforce; 11-13-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

??? re-word that please

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    We haven't offered any more LB's since Miller & Boyd committed. Since then we've taken commitments from two DE prospects and made offers to several DT prospects. This indicates that the coaches are sold on Miller & Boyd playing LB. Miller, especially, has the frame to bulk up to play DE or DT if need be, but he has all the measureables of a linebacker.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 587

Quote Originally Posted by ISU2010 View Post
    We haven't offered any more LB's since Miller & Boyd committed. Since then we've taken commitments from two DE prospects and made offers to several DT prospects. This indicates that the coaches are sold on Miller & Boyd playing LB. Miller, especially, has the frame to bulk up to play DE or DT if need be, but he has all the measurables of a linebacker.
    Not necessarily true. What it indicates is that the coaches are sold on the passel of freshmen currently working out at linebacker providing depth next Fall--and that they have greater immediate needs elsewhere with the available schollies.

I think that linebacker will be a priority in the '12 class, but with the few remaining slots available, I think that CPR and Co have decided to focus their needs, when LB looks secure for next season.

The defensive line definitely needs some immediate help, and I suspect that safety might need a shot as well--with Sims, O'Connell and Sandvig all completing their eligibility.

Washington and Broomfield have looked good when they've played, but whatever happened to Earl Brooks and Durrell Givens? Is the latter redshirting?

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Not necessarily true. What it indicates is that the coaches are sold on the passel of freshmen currently working out at linebacker providing depth next Fall--and that they have greater immediate needs elsewhere with the available schollies.

I think that linebacker will be a priority in the '12 class, but with the few remaining slots available, I think that CPR and Co have decided to focus their needs, when LB looks secure for next season.

The defensive line definitely needs some immediate help, and I suspect that safety might need a shot as well--with Sims, O'Connell and Sandvig all completing their eligibility.

Washington and Broomfield have looked good when they've played, but whatever happened to Earl Brooks and Durrell Givens? Is the latter redshirting?
    don't forget about adrian bennet. i think he is redshirting at safety as well. add brackens to that list coming in.

for lbs, who are the current redshirts? morgan, mattison, plus we return every one of our lbs except kaufman. i think it's okay to go a little light on the position this year. knott, klein, tauofoou, hamlin, george, and morton are all back in addition to the 2 redshirt freshman and a couple of other guys i'm not sure see too many snaps.

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

If there are any slots left after addressing the DL needs, i would guess that we are likely to accept a commitment from Terran Williams, Bradenton, Florida (a LB with size and speed). Also hope that we can get either Tyler Trosin or Cam McDaniel. I would prefer Trosin since he is the more versatile player.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Every D1 program signs 2-4 true linebackers per year regardless of depth at the position or needs at other positions so that they won't have a depth problem at the position a few years down the road. It doesn't matter how sold the coaches are on the three freshman LB's from the 2010 class. It doesn't matter how this class is smaller and there are greater needs at other positions. The coaches know that we need at least two solid linebackers in the 2011 class. If we are only going for two, and these two, then the coaches are damn sure these two can play the LB position.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 587

Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    don't forget about adrian bennett. i think he is redshirting at safety as well. add brackens to that list coming in.
    I wasn't. I'm pretty sure he's one of the guys working at linebacker, with Morgan and Mattison.

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)