Student Section Chant Request
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 20,351, Level: 43
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,414
    Points
    20,351
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Student Section Chant Request

    I want to start by saying that I am not attacking the spirit or any part of the student section. I do want to say that the games should a family atmosphere. I don't like that the student section chants "we're gonna beat the F--- out of you" at FB and BB games. "Heck" or "Hell" would sound just as good and not be so embarrassing. It seems like a little thing but it isn't. I don't know if I can do anything about it but I guess I will try. I imagine if I start here it is as good of a place as any.

    Please don't let this become a thread that attacks the student section in other ways. If you think the student section isn't what it used to be when you were a student please voice your opinion in another thread.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 223,096, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,013
    Points
    223,096
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 830
    Given: 387

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    I don't think there's any way to stop that. It's been happening ever since I can remember, and will continue to do so.
    BTW, do they still say, "You Suck" after the 5 claps during the opponent intros?


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,446, Level: 65
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,682
    Points
    45,446
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    ha good luck trying to control a student population of 30k kids, yes i know that not even 25% of them are at the games, but believe it or not a large majority are probably pretty drunk and are just having a good time even if it isnt approriate. Come to Iowa and see how the students treat the visiting fans in the student section, at the wisconsin game i saw someone throw nacho cheese on a fan and then pour a pop on his gf followed by some pretty crude comments to the girl, so a couple curse worrds isnt a big deal



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 37,822, Level: 59
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cyclonez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames/Coralville
    Posts
    4,432
    Points
    37,822
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 20

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    BTW, do they still say, "You Suck" after the 5 claps during the opponent intros?
    Yes they do.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 79,127, Level: 87
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,990
    Points
    79,127
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 42

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    bigger problem with the student section: 20% were nebraska fans

    (last saturday)

    come on, what the hell?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 216,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,198
    Points
    216,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 0

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguns View Post
    I want to start by saying that I am not attacking the spirit or any part of the student section. I do want to say that the games should a family atmosphere. I don't like that the student section chants "we're gonna beat the F--- out of you" at FB and BB games. "Heck" or "Hell" would sound just as good and not be so embarrassing. It seems like a little thing but it isn't. I don't know if I can do anything about it but I guess I will try. I imagine if I start here it is as good of a place as any.

    Please don't let this become a thread that attacks the student section in other ways. If you think the student section isn't what it used to be when you were a student please voice your opinion in another thread.
    The students need to bring back the Magic!

    http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....B_OEM_ID=10700
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FpqhYnAR6E"]YouTube - Marcus Fizer Dunk over Chris Mihm (The Mihm Facial) UPDATED[/ame]


    Last edited by JUKEBOX; 11-12-2010 at 11:04 PM.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 20,351, Level: 43
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,414
    Points
    20,351
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    I don't think there's any way to stop that. It's been happening ever since I can remember, and will continue to do so.
    BTW, do they still say, "You Suck" after the 5 claps during the opponent intros?
    No, they chanted "CYCLONE"..... "POWER" during the opponents introduction. Maybe they could stop playing the song they use to chant to in the arena. The students wouldn't even notice.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 283,517, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,775
    Points
    283,517
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 47

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    We aren't the only school that does this chant. It's a pretty popular one among college student sections.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 223,096, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,013
    Points
    223,096
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 830
    Given: 387

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonez7 View Post
    Yes they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguns View Post
    No, they chanted "CYCLONE"..... "POWER" during the opponents introduction. Maybe they could stop playing the song they use to chant to in the arena. The students wouldn't even notice.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,495, Level: 68
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,851
    Points
    49,495
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 13

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Sadly Cyclone Alley made nice shiny new signs one end had Cyclone and the other had Power...I wouldn't mind if the students signed themselves but the fact that some stupid leaders trying to pad their resume tell people what to do.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 20,351, Level: 43
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,414
    Points
    20,351
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    We aren't the only school that does this chant. It's a pretty popular one among college student sections.
    I know at Chiefs games a few years ago they said "We're gonna beat the hell outa you" which is much better in my opinion.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 120,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    120,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    Sadly Cyclone Alley made nice shiny new signs one end had Cyclone and the other had Power...I wouldn't mind if the students signed themselves but the fact that some stupid leaders trying to pad their resume tell people what to do.
    Yeah, just like the wave your arms/sit down signs. It doesn't work unless the students want it to work, and judging by what I saw last year at least, that means it doesn't.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 38,418, Level: 60
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,598
    Points
    38,418
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Wow....I remember when Pierre Pierce came to town after his assault stuff. The student section said way worse stuff that night. It was awesome. That was when we were loud and crazy though.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 223,096, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,013
    Points
    223,096
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 830
    Given: 387

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    Wow....I remember when Pierre Pierce came to town after his assault stuff. The student section said way worse stuff that night. It was awesome. That was when we were loud and crazy though.
    That was a fun game. I also liked the one where we boo'd everytime Adam H. touched the ball.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 47,621, Level: 67
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 729
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    IowaStateClones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,292
    Points
    47,621
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 85

    Re: Student Section Chant Request

    In the days of Hilton Magic I don't think they were shooting for a "family atmosphere"



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM