Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 446
    Given: 119

My review of the 2010 CMA's

I finally caught up with my DVR last night at around midnight. The wife and I took in the 2010 Country Music Awards. Here are my thoughts on what I saw.

- Single of the Year – Need You Now by Lady Antebeleum

I'm not a huge fan of Lady Antebelum. That chick really needs to consider ditching the two dudes to start her single career. She is very attractive and her voice is amazing. Those dudes bring nothing to the group.

- I'm tired of Rascal Flatts. They're like country music's version of N’Sync…enough already.

- When did Kelly Pickler all of the sudden look like she is 52 years old?

- What is the difference between Song of the Year and Single of the Year?

- Easton Corbin is the next George Strait.

- Song of the Year - The House that Built Me by Miranda Lambert –

I couldn’t agree more. The song is amazing. She is amazing. She is by far, without question, the best female in country music. She's one of the only real country singers out there. I was glad to see her get so much air time.

- George Strait is more talented than every other person in that room combined. You really can't appreciate him fully until you see him live.

- I still can’t believe that Hootie is a legitimate country singer.

- This year's Best New Artist award was loaded! All options were awesome. Zac Brown Band won it. Personally, I would have gone with Luke Bryan or Easton Corbin. I like Zac and Co. though. They look like a bunch of homeless guys out there. Take a little pride in yourselves fellas. Their performance with Alan Jackson was legendary. Great stuff.

- I have tried to like “Boys of Fall” by Kenny Chesney for months. I just don’t like the song. Great video. Great words. Average song. Kenny can do better. What happened to Kenny anyway? He used to be so cool.

- Say what you want. Taylor Swift is outstanding. Everything about her gives me the warm fuzzies. Name another artist who writes their own songs, plays an instrumental solo, all while singing? Try doing that Carrie Underwood. I will say this. I wish that Taylor would just be a kid. They always do her hair and dress her like she is supposed to be 35 or something. That’s no good in my opinion.

- Sugarland just might be the WORST act in music's history...Not just country music...all of music.

- I wish that the Keith Urban from 2002 would come back. Who is this clown anyway?

- Reba is hot for being like 79 years old.

- It was good to see Jeff Gordon make an appearance. Why not hammer the stereotype down a little more? Why not have Lebron hand out an award? For the record, I love NASCAR.

- Get Kelly Clarkson and this junk out of here. I used to really like Jason Aldean. I’m not sure that I can recover from this dreadful performance. Dear Jason, please don’t sell out like many of your colleagues have done. You’re better than that. Just follow what George, Deirks and Eric Church have done before you. Speaking of Eric Church, how come his name hasn't even been mentioned tonight?

- What’s up with all of the presenters singing at the stand? Weird.

- Album of the Year – Revelation, Miranda Lambert

Great call. I’d vote for that even over the King. That’s how sick that album is. She is the best female in this business without question.

- Please tell me that Kid Rock didn’t just perform at the CMA’s….Pinch me...Tell me it is a dream.

- Solid performance by Brad Paisley. He’s probably my third favorite in the game right now behind the King and Eric Church. Plus, my wife absolutely loves him. That helps.

- I just told my wife “If Sugarland wins Vocal Duo of the Year, I will take our cat and jump off of our third floor balcony.” Looks like there will be a job opening here at Cyclone Fanatic in the coming days.

Blake Shelton wins Male Vocalist of the Year

BANG. Great call on this one. Blake is one of the best and he never gets credit for it. Here is another guy who refuses to sell out. Have I mentioned how much I love his future wife?

Miranda Lambert wins Female Vocalist of the Year

Well it is official. Miranda and Blake have surpassed Tim and Faith as country music's golden couple.

- Vince Gill is still alive?

- Brad Paisley wins Entertainer of the Year

He was really the only option here IMO. None of the other candidates could sell out an arena on their own. Good to see Brad finally win this award.

- All in all, it was a solid show. I was pleased to see some real country artists win awards again this year. I love T-Swift as much as the next guy, but she is a pop star. Miranda Lambert is a country singer. There is a difference. Good times.

Brett Blume
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,199
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 49

Re: My review of the 2010 CMA's

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I finally caught up with my DVR last night at around midnight. The wife and I took in the 2010 Country Music Awards. Here are my thoughts on what I saw.

- Single of the Year – Need You Now by Lady Antebeleum

I'm not a huge fan of Lady Antebelum. That chick really needs to consider ditching the two dudes to start her single career. She is very attractive and her voice is amazing. Those dudes bring nothing to the group.

- I'm tired of Rascal Flatts. They're like country music's version of N’Sync…enough already.

- When did Kelly Pickler all of the sudden look like she is 52 years old?

- What is the difference between Song of the Year and Single of the Year?

- Easton Corbin is the next George Strait.

- Song of the Year - The House that Built Me by Miranda Lambert –

I couldn’t agree more. The song is amazing. She is amazing. She is by far, without question, the best female in country music. She's one of the only real country singers out there. I was glad to see her get so much air time.

- George Strait is more talented than every other person in that room combined. You really can't appreciate him fully until you see him live.

- I still can’t believe that Hootie is a legitimate country singer.

- This year's Best New Artist award was loaded! All options were awesome. Zac Brown Band won it. Personally, I would have gone with Luke Bryan or Easton Corbin. I like Zac and Co. though. They look like a bunch of homeless guys out there. Take a little pride in yourselves fellas. Their performance with Alan Jackson was legendary. Great stuff.

- I have tried to like “Boys of Fall” by Kenny Chesney for months. I just don’t like the song. Great video. Great words. Average song. Kenny can do better. What happened to Kenny anyway? He used to be so cool.

- Say what you want. Taylor Swift is outstanding. Everything about her gives me the warm fuzzies. Name another artist who writes their own songs, plays an instrumental solo, all while singing? Try doing that Carrie Underwood. I will say this. I wish that Taylor would just be a kid. They always do her hair and dress her like she is supposed to be 35 or something. That’s no good in my opinion.

- Sugarland just might be the WORST act in music's history...Not just country music...all of music.

- I wish that the Keith Urban from 2002 would come back. Who is this clown anyway?

- Reba is hot for being like 79 years old.

- It was good to see Jeff Gordon make an appearance. Why not hammer the stereotype down a little more? Why not have Lebron hand out an award? For the record, I love NASCAR.

- Get Kelly Clarkson and this junk out of here. I used to really like Jason Aldean. I’m not sure that I can recover from this dreadful performance. Dear Jason, please don’t sell out like many of your colleagues have done. You’re better than that. Just follow what George, Deirks and Eric Church have done before you. Speaking of Eric Church, how come his name hasn't even been mentioned tonight?

- What’s up with all of the presenters singing at the stand? Weird.

- Album of the Year – Revelation, Miranda Lambert

Great call. I’d vote for that even over the King. That’s how sick that album is. She is the best female in this business without question.

- Please tell me that Kid Rock didn’t just perform at the CMA’s….Pinch me...Tell me it is a dream.

- Solid performance by Brad Paisley. He’s probably my third favorite in the game right now behind the King and Eric Church. Plus, my wife absolutely loves him. That helps.

- I just told my wife “If Sugarland wins Vocal Duo of the Year, I will take our cat and jump off of our third floor balcony.” Looks like there will be a job opening here at Cyclone Fanatic in the coming days.

Blake Shelton wins Male Vocalist of the Year

BANG. Great call on this one. Blake is one of the best and he never gets credit for it. Here is another guy who refuses to sell out. Have I mentioned how much I love his future wife?

Miranda Lambert wins Female Vocalist of the Year

Well it is official. Miranda and Blake have surpassed Tim and Faith as country music's golden couple.

- Vince Gill is still alive?

- Brad Paisley wins Entertainer of the Year

He was really the only option here IMO. None of the other candidates could sell out an arena on their own. Good to see Brad finally win this award.

- All in all, it was a solid show. I was pleased to see some real country artists win awards again this year. I love T-Swift as much as the next guy, but she is a pop star. Miranda Lambert is a country singer. There is a difference. Good times.

Twitter.com/brentblum

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

I saw about two minutes of it and it was filled with Carrie Underwood. I was more than satisfied with that.

I did go back and watch the opening. It wasn't too bad.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 35

If you are the worst act in country music, doesn't that automatically make you the worst act in all of music?

Sorry, I couldn't resist a little poke.

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 3

I don't particularly like country, but I love Zac Brown Band-- Riddle me that.

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    If you are the worst act in country music, doesn't that automatically make you the worst act in all of music?

Sorry, I couldn't resist a little poke.

ZING! lol

Starter
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 23

I wish I had known your Eric Church love earlier, he played at my County Fair this summer, I would have hooked you up with some tickets

@TedFlintKansas

Men want to have fun, women want to take fun out to the middle of the woods and shoot it in the head.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,211
    Given: 116

Carrie Underwood is smoking like a tire fire....and that's about all the good things I could say about this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The fact that Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton won Male and Female Vocalist of the Year awards tells me where country music is right now...in the dumpster my friends. Country music wants another Tim and Faith, but this couple isn't it!

Chris - Lady Antebelum, Zac Brown Band, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift are the best country music has right now...

Also, I like Brad Paisley and I like his songs, but a lot of his songs sound the same to me.

Starter
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It's easy to write your own songs when the are ALL the same song! Name one song she has that isn't about being a teenage girl with a broken heart? Yes, I realize she is a teenage girl and she has made millions selling to that age group, but could you at least write ONE song about something else?

I used to give her a bunch of credit for writing her own songs...until I realized it's the same song over and over again.

TRUE & VALIANT

All-Star Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I don't particularly like country, but I love Zac Brown Band-- Riddle me that.
    To me, Zac Brown Band is more like a cross between southern rock and country. They don't go around tying to look like cowboys, just southern country boys. I think a lot of people who dislike country can still enjoy ZBB because it is somewhat unique.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 257

Thats awesome Chris, you and my mother both like Lady Antebeleum.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Dear Taylor Swift,

Try hitting a note like Carrie Underwood. Your songs are great your voice is awful. Oh and you are a 6 out of 10.

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Dear Taylor Swift,

Try hitting a note like Carrie Underwood. Your songs are great your voice is awful. Oh and you are a 6 out of 10.
    I'm not so sure that Taylor Swift doesn't get uglier as each day goes by.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 177

Name another artist who writes their own songs, plays an instrumental solo, all while singing?
    Most of the best rock bands and musicians throughout history do this.